Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What Hero Classes should Allied Races get

So at the moment the Allied Races cannot be hero classes like DH and DK but Ion said in the interview that they are looking to make some available where they can make sense.

Which ones do you think or would like to see and why.

Nightborne, LF Draenei and possibly shouldn’t have any. None were around when the story of these classes start. This leaves :

Void elves, Highmountain and Dark Irons.

For DH, only Void elves could possibly make it as you could be Illudari and have tried the void and gotten expelled.

For DK - void elf, HM Tauren and Dark Irons could be DKs, all of the individuals could have made it to Arthas. But if HM Tauren could have made it, so could Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only ones that would make sense are dark iron dwarves being death knights. anything beyond that is a solid no.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    the only ones that would make sense are dark iron dwarves being death knights. anything beyond that is a solid no.
    Unless they are newly risen by Bolvar and the Deathlord, but that would have to bypass the starting DK zone.

I dunno, void elf training can happen in theory to anyone who was already one of the blood elf classes, so all of them should work.

Dark Irons def only DK.

We could st a stretch add Zandalri troll and HM Tauren to the DK, as one or some of those guys could have been nabbed by the LK on a journey to Northrend or EK - afterall we first meet Zandalari in 1.8? The ZG patch?

If they ever add Eredar as a Horde race it would fit the Demon Hunter due to some of them being Illidari in TBC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I dunno, void elf training can happen in theory to anyone who was already one of the blood elf classes, so all of them should work.

Dark Irons def only DK.

We could st a stretch add Zandalri troll and HM Tauren to the DK, as one or some of those guys could have been nabbed by the LK on a journey to Northrend or EK - afterall we first meet Zandalari in 1.8? The ZG patch?
    Couldn't "void elf training" happen to any race? ie: void humans, void orcs, etc. Or is there some kind of genetic factor
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Couldn't "void elf training" happen to any race? ie: void humans, void orcs, etc. Or is there some kind of genetic factor
    Trolls seem to have a weird affinity for absorbing magic given all the variations they have, but other than that nothing really suggests that the process that keeps a void elf from going insane is racially exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    Trolls seem to have a weird affinity for absorbing magic given all the variations they have, but other than that nothing really suggests that the process that keeps a void elf from going insane is racially exclusive.
    I might be though, in the currently datamined dialogue the Blood Elves' ability to consume and control void essence is what the shadowguard takes interest and kidnaps them for, it sounds like Elves are basically sponges that can absorb any kind of magic without being too overly harmed by them in the short-term

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Unless they are newly risen by Bolvar and the Deathlord, but that would have to bypass the starting DK zone.
    Well, seeing as they would have to start at level 20 (as is the case for all Allied Races), they'd be bypassing the starting zones anyways. So this is a non-issue.

Void elf Death Knights could work if they have an extra starting zone where they absorb the void powers and leave Quel'thalas. Could help with the lore too.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    Exactly.
    HM taurens were kinda insulated from the rest of the world, like nightborne.
    The Zandalary maybe, MAYBE, could be DK. They have been fucking around for a long time, enough time for the scourge to get some of them.
    as much as i'd like to see demon hunter void elfs (edgyness overload), that wouldn't make much sense.

by the way, how can i change the "keyboard turner" on my profile? asking for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post

by the way, how can i change the "keyboard turner" on my profile? asking for a friend
    Post more. That is your title associated with post count.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    Make more posts. It changes at various post counts.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Post more. That is your title associated with post count.
    Tell your friend that his avatar and username are pretty dope, I fully expect to see that mob in some way implemented into wow some day

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    Well, seeing as they would have to start at level 20 (as is the case for all Allied Races), they'd be bypassing the starting zones anyways. So this is a non-issue.
    Would they? I mean, since's DK's start at 55, the levels in which they learn talents are modified, which to be fair seems as much as a hassle than bypassing the DK introductory zone if they start at 55.

Personally, maybe replacing the DK starting area with a introductory scenario a la 100 boost featuring Bolvar raising you amd you learning your new abilities could work well.

There are likely never going to be new DH races given the timeline of the Illidari and all the unique models and customizations that DHs have.

As for DKs. Dark Iron make sense. Zandalari are possible but a stretch. Void Elves could make sense if you completed the DK starting zone as a Blood Elf then transformed a VE after. Although we don’t know if undeath would stop them from absorbing the Void or something. Highmountain, Nightborne, Lightforged would have never come in contact with the Scourge

Right now only dark iron and zandalari dk make sense. No other sub race was around during the lich king era and void elf dh does not make sense because any elves who dabbled back then into void magic would have been consumed by it. Only recently do they learn to control it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

nightborne/void elf demonhunters

Void elf DH makes almost no sense. Most demon hunters we'retoo busy becoming Demon Hunters in the outlands instead of dabbling in the void while in Silver moon.

The ONLY ones that might make sense at the moment are Dark Iron or Zandalari Death Knights. Scourge really didn't seem to care much for hot, humid climates so that is pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    There are likely never going to be new DH races given the timeline of the Illidari and all the unique models and customizations that DHs have.

As for DKs. Dark Iron make sense. Zandalari are possible but a stretch. Void Elves could make sense if you completed the DK starting zone as a Blood Elf then transformed a VE after. Although we don’t know if undeath would stop them from absorbing the Void or something. Highmountain, Nightborne, Lightforged would have never come in contact with the Scourge
    Actually there already is a Highmountain DK Trag Highmountain who has existed since Wrath