Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone who has played a while a bit unexcited for the allied races?

Am I interpreting this right?

I can re-level using the same content as before but now it will let me do it where i want to and scale with new sub-races. This is the alt experience we have had at our disposal for years, but now we can do it with some new skins for existing races with some new racials

OR

I can pay to race change some existing characters into these new races if i like the way they look.

Anyone else kind of underwhelmed by all of this? I know its one of several things new coming but I have many characters as i have enjoyed leveling characters for years, so none of this will be new, other then the races themselves. no new classes

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post

I can re-level using the same content as before but now it will let me do it where i want to and scale with new sub-races. This is the alt experience we have had at our disposal for years, but now we can do it with some new skins for existing races with some new racials

OR

I can pay to race change some existing characters into these new races if i like the way they look.

Anyone else kind of underwhelmed by all of this? I know its one of several things new coming but I have many characters as i have enjoyed leveling characters for years, so none of this will be new, other then the races themselves. no new classes
    I posted in another thread about this too. This is being marketed as one of the biggest features of the expansion that I will never touch because I don't really play alts nor do I want to level one again. Level those same classes as different races. WOW!! big feature. Unlock racial armor too you will probably never transmog. All my characters are gnomes too; I have no want or need to ever play a void elf or dark iron dwarf or any other race added.

Deleted
    I play since TBC and I am super-excited about Void Elves, because finally is my faction getting a good-looking race for warlocks.

Right now we have boring humans, 2x fat midgets, and furries with hideous models and ridiculous casting animations.

I played a blood elf warlock a lot during MoP, when locks were just amazing, casting while moving was so addictive and amazing fun. But I just can't play Horde, I despise everything about them outside Blood Elves.

Personally I would have preffered Draenei/Night Elf warlocks but yea I can understand why its not happening due to lore.

The only think I am excited about is brown orcs that stand upright.

I haven't seen any particular marketing going towards allied races, it is us who are obsessing over them, partly because some of us really like them and partly because they are the only bfa conrent in 7.3.5 and thus all we have to discuss

Honestly given that I'd be leveling allied races JUST for the armor, I'm not a huge fan of "level a new allied race character to level 100 to unlock new armor!"

The races themselves, however, do interest me. Even the ones I had little interest in at first -- Highmountain, Lightforged, void elves -- starting to grow on me.

Not sure how I'll feel about BfA itself, but the races interest me, at least.

No matter what the feature, there will always be people saying "But I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS HERE FEATURE SO WHY IS IT CONSIDERED ONE??"...

As someone having played for 9 years straight, I'm very extremely for the Allied races + the old world scaling + the prospects of having even more Allied races added in the future!

10+ Year Old Account

OR

I've honestly never been excited about any additional races, none of it really matters to me outside of what class they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    The races don't matter to me.But then I'm not into RP, I don't care deeply about the lore and transmog isn't a feature that makes me go wild. When we got the barber shop I went in, changed a few things about my characters and I'm done. I've not gone back in years. Hell, the new models they did awhile ago made me shrug. So, I'm not really the target for things like a new race that's a cosmetic difference from an existing one.

For people who ARE into that stuff, I imagine it's cool and for some, like players who are into playing an orc but are sick and tired of the hunch? Yeah, I bet it's a pretty big deal. If this is A feature of BfA then, fine. Not all features excite all people. If it's THE main feature? The expansion is in trouble.

New races have always been peddled as a major feature of an expansion. Goblin and Worgen were major features of Cataclysm, Pandaren of MoP, Draenei and Blood Elves for Burning Crusade. And you always had the option of either sticking to your current race and level a new one, or get a paid race change. This isn't anything new. And it should be marketed as a major feature of an expansion, just like all the other races were.

The only difference is, they bypassed starting zones (but will probably have some kind of small scenario for story purposes) and let you start directly at level 20. They did this because, if they had to do a whole zone for each of the six races, that would probably actually cost us a raid tier. But you aren't interested in the loss of new leveling zones, because you don't want to level them anyway. So that doesn't matter to you. You'll miss out on the armor sets, which is your call, but they are just cosmetic anyway.

Honestly, Blizzard could have implemented entire new races like Ethereal or Ogres or something, and you would still have these complaints. Which I don't get. Because every expansion that has had a new race has advertised that new race as a major feature of that expansion. The fact that they are allied races changes nothing about your complaints.

The leveling changes aren't a feature of Battle for Azeroth, they're coming in 7.3.5, so that's not being advertised as a major feature of the expansion. But they are significant to improving the leveling process; now, you can finish entire zones without the experience dropping off. That's great for the health of the game overall, because newer players won't get disjointed stories as they get tossed across zones. People who enjoy leveling will enjoy those changes. If you aren't one of those people, then it isn't for you. Simple as that.

I'm not excited at all really. I'm not an altoholic and have only had more than one toon at max level one time during WoD. Actually my excitement for the entire xpac is the lowest it's ever been for major new content. I don't do PvP and I think basing an xpac on faction conflict is boring.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

OR

what you just said describes all races allied or not..
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I am unexcited, not because of this, but because I play Horde and the race I prefer (Nightborne) has shitty racials, while void elves have overpowered racials

(I'm a PvP player, it's probably a different story when it comes to PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I'm not excited at all really. I'm not an altoholic and have only had more than one toon at max level one time during WoD. Actually my excitement for the entire xpac is the lowest it's ever been for major new content. I don't do PvP and I think basing an xpac on faction conflict is boring.
    why do people keep saying this?? "i dont do pvp" has NOTHING to do with the expansion. its not "a pvp expansion" you arent going to be forced to do pvp. hell there isnt even any new pvp content in bfa aside from the new battleground.

was mop a "pvp expansion" because i dont remember having to do pvp to go kill garrosh in orgrimmar he was in a raid like every other end expansion boss.

if we end up killing sylvanas or tyrande or whoever or fight the opposite faction somewhere else guess what.. it will be in quests/dungeons/raids just like every other expansion.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what you just said describes all races allied or not..
    Not entirely. New races come with new lore, a *completely* new look previously unavailable to players in any form, a new starting zone, etc. True there is some overlap here, but allied races don't really have new lore, the new look is a riff on an existing look and there's no new zone. Now, if leveling is the main complaint... yeah.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know dude. It's my desire for new races against the valor I give to my first characters. An inevitable clash.

My solution? Forfeit my heritage, embrace the Zandalari. There would be no peace without this decision. My Warlock will forever be my child, but my Zandalari Priest will ALSO be my creation. The family expands.

Eh not really. I have 1 of every class and 2-3 of a couple others. I don't get to play most of them thanks to the annoying amount of grind this expansion and how professions have been changed. So why bother? What's a fourth warlock I won't play or a second Druid gathering dust?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not entirely. New races come with new lore, a *completely* new look previously unavailable to players in any form, a new starting zone, etc. True there is some overlap here, but allied races don't really have new lore, the new look is a riff on an existing look and there's no new zone. Now, if leveling is the main complaint... yeah.
    reread what the op said. he complained about "i can either redo the same content leveling a new toon or race change one of my own already" the only difference between allied races and regular races in that department is a starter zone.

if he had said what you said then he would atleast have a point

I have no intrest in thoes races at all.
    Seems like a cheap way to get more money from payed factions changes.

The whole new expansion seems rather cheap to be honest. I sure hope they have a LOT of more content to talk about befor release becuase this years Blizzcon was the least intresting one ever.

I personally have been playing for over 12 years now and I have leveled so many characters over the years but not much recently. The last time I actually levels a character from 1-cap was in mists. And even than it was just dungeon grinding all the way. I am very excited to start leveling new characters again with the new scaling feature. This whole feature comes just before the downtime of this expansion and I think that is great timing honestly.