Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korhali View Post
    The only difference is, they bypassed starting zones (but will probably have some kind of small scenario for story purposes) and let you start directly at level 20. They did this because, if they had to do a whole zone for each of the six races, that would probably actually cost us a raid tier. But you aren't interested in the loss of new leveling zones, because you don't want to level them anyway. So that doesn't matter to you. You'll miss out on the armor sets, which is your call, but they are just cosmetic anyway.
    iirc they have state that a starting scenario/zone for each of the six allied races will be a thing... but two-thirds of the races come from areas we have already visited or will visit in BfA. Not as much work needed.

I am actually very excited for this feature and I think Blizz should be commended for the way they are implementing them.

You know what they could have done? They could have just added the models for the allied races as sub-race options for the existing races and be done with it.

Instead, we get story quests to unlock them, we get new racial abilities, new racial mounts, unique transmog sets, and to cap it off the scaled leveling system helps the leveling experience continue to feel like a video game, as opposed to how sub-100 leveling works right now, where almost every mob dies in 1 hit and you out-level whatever zone you're in after a few quests. The way things work now, WoW doesn't actually play like a real video game until you hit Legion's content.

All in all I think this is a great framework for a feature that will continue to be built upon in the future.
    Last edited by Dross; 2017-12-14 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It’s the main thing I’m hyped for. This was a heavily requested feature for years, especially on this forum.

Everything else is either vague or a Legion copy/paste save for the expansion having a more interesting theme/story that I can actually give a fuck about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only ones I'm looking forward to are the Zandalari trolls and the void elves and even them I'm not all that crazy about because chances are I'm going to play them for a little while and then eventually go back to my other guys. It's how it goes with new classes too.

Also it just feels like it's too little too late. This is something that should've been done years ago and continuously worked on over the years.

don't really care that much about these ones but it seems like if it works out they'll be able to do many more.. and more options are always nice.

Deleted
    I've played since Wrath and have 11 characters at 110. I enjoy leveling from time to time and am looking forward to this. It's been a long time since I could level through a zone fully and not jump around the zones. I can skip the story lines I don't like and I can finish the ones I do like (and not lose out of xp doing so). I can join a dungeon without having to leave the zone because I leveled too much. And the new races are a great reason for me to level again.

Deleted
    I will probably be switching to Alliance just for some crazy Jaina action in BfA. I'll wait for 7.3.5 though for the new level experience. And if it is possible with my progress on Horde side maybe even start as Void Elf. But only because I can do it before the expansion hits. I don't know but I always level up a new character before a new expansion to get into it with a fresh start. But only before the expansion and only once. I have 0 desire releveling during the expansion so any race that will come out after or at release will be completely uninteresting because it is just waste of time. This is what the new races are and only should be looked at imo. They are just there to add flavour and to waste peoples time. They are not actual content and shouldn't be considered as content for BfA. If there is nothing else to do than leveling it would be just lazy design.
    Last edited by mmoccb7d8d3ee0; 2017-12-14 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can either...

1.: Boost - You lose out on some stuff (currently heritage armor).
    2.: Race Change - You lose out on some stuff (currently heritage armor).
    3.: Level from new in the scaled content - You start at lvl 20 and unlock the heritage armor when at maximum.

I have been played since the launch and a bit of beta, and I welcome to see some of the lesser factions having a step up in our little world.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Aesthetics have always been a huge part of why I play certain classes and races, so new races with new aesthetic choices aren't a "big deal" to me but are pretty exciting. I'll level them all the long way to have the transmog armor set. We'll see if I take them any further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerian Atreides View Post
    I play since TBC and I am super-excited about Void Elves, because finally is my faction getting a good-looking race for warlocks.

Right now we have boring humans, 2x fat midgets, and furries with hideous models and ridiculous casting animations.

Personally I would have preffered Draenei/Night Elf warlocks but yea I can understand why its not happening due to lore.
    I 100% Agree with your statement about having good looking warlocks! I cant stand the human casting animation, gnomes and dwarves scare me and worgan..well..who the hell would wanna play one of those!

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm a bit worried about is IF they're going to make the new models a bit smoother.

Whenever I'm in ToT the trolls kinda move weird sometimes, would be a shame if the player models suffered from the same.

To be perfectly honest...i think these subraces, the zandalari and Dark Iron got me more interested than goblins, worgens and pandarens...never got the appeal of any of those.

I'm only "excited" because theres a ton of classes I don't have a maxed out char with and I'm looking forward to getting to know them once these subraces hit. Other than that, some of them are unfitting and a let-down, really. Dark iron dwarves and the trolls are the only two noteworthy mentions in my book. The rest is either forced, quickly made up or implemented out of elven parity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I posted in another thread about this too. This is being marketed as one of the biggest features of the expansion that I will never touch because I don't really play alts nor do I want to level one again. Level those same classes as different races. WOW!! big feature. Unlock racial armor too you will probably never transmog. All my characters are gnomes too; I have no want or need to ever play a void elf or dark iron dwarf or any other race added.
    So? I mean, seriously... I am sorry, but so what if it's a major part of the expansion reveal?

Pandas and monks were a HUGE part of the reveal for Mists of Pandaria. Yet no one complained about either of them NEAR the level I have been hearing people complain about the Allied races. And also, guess what a lot of people DIDN'T play in MoP? Pandaren and Monks. And yet they managed to play they expansion the same as they had the expansions before with literally NO LOSS of the new content or feeling cheated or robbed.

People have been demanding "sub races" forever, now we are basically getting them, and all I see is complaints.

This is the exact. Same. Situation. As any race being added. Want to play a draenei/belf in BC? Roll a new character thought he same world or pay for a race change. (Actually I forget when race changes were implemented so maybe that wasn't even an option in BC.)

Want to make a worgen or goblin? Level up again or pay for a race change!

Want to play a Pandaren? You guessed it, level again or race change!

This is NOT NEW for allied races. The only thing different is they're also introducing scaling tech to give you more flexibility on where you quest. BUT, there's also a NEW option these days introduced in WOD.

Boost. You now have the two old options plus the boost. You get one 'free' with every expansion release whether you want it or not, so you can use that on an allied race if you don't want to level up a new character to 110 or pay for a race change. Of course additional boosts will cost more than a race change but you get that first one 'free' with the expansion.

I really don't get why people are complaining, were you expecting them to flag every account for free race changes or something? I guess that would be nice but not something we were ever given before. Though it would be nice, I think FF XIV gave you a free fantasia in Heavensward when they introduced au ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    I am unexcited, not because of this, but because I play Horde and the race I prefer (Nightborne) has shitty racials, while void elves have overpowered racials

(I'm a PvP player, it's probably a different story when it comes to PvE)
    Lolwhat, seeing through invisibility isn't good for pvp? Not even mentioning flat 1% damage increase for any mage / lock / spriest. Also highmountain are probably gonna be amazing - less damage taken, more versa, and a stun charge. Void Elves have a monk tp thingy judging from the description and no pushback (that isn't immunity to interrupt, that would actually be OP, immunity to pushback is w/e).

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    no new classes
    We just got one in Legion. Don't be greedy. They never did new class twice in a row, because usually the 1-expansion old class still requires massive balancing work.

Plus what about people who don't enjoy the new class, for these implementing a new class is a waste too, yet they have to accept it as a major feature of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Korhali View Post
    New races have always been peddled as a major feature of an expansion. Goblin and Worgen were major features of Cataclysm, Pandaren of MoP, Draenei and Blood Elves for Burning Crusade.
    Yep, this. And I remember people being so hyped for goblins / worgen even though in the end maybe 2-3% of players actually pick them because they like them (excluding situations like goblins being picked purely for rocket jump). I'm pretty sure 6 new races is better than 2. Yes, they're less distinct than for example, pandas, but that's why we're getting 6 instead of 2. And I'm pretty sure more people will end up liking Zandalari, Nightborne or Void Elves than Pandas, Goblins and Worgens. Not that many people are into furry and small races.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No matter what the feature, there will always be people saying "But I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS HERE FEATURE SO WHY IS IT CONSIDERED ONE??"...
    True, many people complain about lack of "innovative" additions in BFA but when in the past we got "innovations" like pet battles, garrisons, archeology etc. there were always people who disliked it or at least didn't care to participate in it. To this day garrisons have tons of haters and pet battles are considered a "joke" by many. So what's the point asking for innovation if in the end you're gonna go back to usual routine of dungeons / raids / pvp?

Not even mentioning "features" like new character models in WOD and old world revamp in Cata. Which some people loved, while some considered a waste of time because it's not "content" it's replacement, and some even begged to keep old world / models and hated the fact we're losing them (there used to be a toggle for old models but it was slowly phased out with new animations replacing old ones, dhs replacing night elf models even on non dhs and so forth).

Well i got plenty of XP pots in my bank and 2 accounts so i can blast through dungeons.

I swear i have so many alts i have made leveling up to almost a art form using my XP Pots!

I'm more interested in what we might get over what we have gotten. Dark Iron dwarves are cool though, nice to see some more flavor being added to player choice.

I kind of agree with the OP in that I'm not really interested in leveling anything else, but I'm also kind of confused.

In three expansions prior they've added new races to the game but I've never seen people be as upset on a fundamental level about it here. Sure, people whined about BElfs not being alliance and Draenei being dumb lore and Worgen having crappy models and Pandas being stupid... but this is the first time I've seen such a strong negative reaction to even the concept of new races. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Lolwhat, seeing through invisibility isn't good for pvp?
    Short range and unless BfA adds a bunch of new invisbility skills only applicable in a few matchups anyways.

Not even mentioning flat 1% damage increase for any mage / lock / spriest.
    1% extra magic damage done is nice, but it's really not more than what any other race gets in terms of throughput racials, except that unlike the 1% versatility of HMT or the 1% crit of Worgen/Belf it's only magic damage, which means if you're not a mage/lock/spriest you get kinda shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    reread what the op said. he complained about "i can either redo the same content leveling a new toon or race change one of my own already" the only difference between allied races and regular races in that department is a starter zone.

if he had said what you said then he would atleast have a point
    I believe my point was clear, this is extremely underwhelming to introduce new races (well sorta kinda) in a game thats 12 years old and say "relevel using the same content from level 20" or pay to change to them!!

Shame u can't have all of them Neutrel so u can choose horde or alliance, THAT would be interesting! but its Battle for Azeroth lets faction scrap so thats a no-no at this stage B