Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    I mean, they were closer to the Alliance kingdoms politically than anybody else. Even when they weren't formal members due to isolationism, they still sent the Priests in WC3 to fight as auxiliary forces.
    No they didn't. Those priests disobeyed their leaders and went of their own accord.
    Despite the high elves' official departure from the Alliance, some elves still remain true to their former human and dwarven allies. The altruistic priests of Quel'Thalas refused to abandon their roles as healers and agreed to remain in Lordaeron despite the edicts from their reclusive masters in Silvermoon. The high elven priests use their Light-given powers to heal the wounded and bolster the spirits of Lordaeron's fighting elite.
    --WC3 manual

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    I personally would've expected them to go Alliance over Horde, but you're right, they certainly aren't obliged to. (Though really, Night Elves on Horde and Blood Elves for alliance would've made more sense when they were first planning races, if we're going purely by culture.)
    They wanted to go Alliance, but the Alliance fucked them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    No they didn't. Those priests disobeyed their leaders and went of their own accord.
    Despite the high elves' official departure from the Alliance, some elves still remain true to their former human and dwarven allies. The altruistic priests of Quel'Thalas refused to abandon their roles as healers and agreed to remain in Lordaeron despite the edicts from their reclusive masters in Silvermoon. The high elven priests use their Light-given powers to heal the wounded and bolster the spirits of Lordaeron's fighting elite.
    --WC3 manual

They wanted to go Alliance, but the Alliance fucked them.
    How often has that happened now? Three times?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Again you are dismissing Alleria's defining motivation after the burning of Quel'thalas; revenge. She literally hunted them down to another world to make sure they could never be a threat once again. Alleria and her forces are the ones that fought alongside the rest of the alliance to defeat the orcs, Alleria is pointed out as the most ruthless in this, wanting to exterminating like vermin. She hated, she hates orcs, they killed a lot of her relatives including her younger brother.

To ask Alleria, someone that so closely was affected by the horde's crimes, someone who fought them across two planets to erradicate them, to be understanding of the rest of her people joining the horde, is a tall order that I don't think you would be as readily to accept from a human or a dwarf.

As for my own biases go, I play horde, and I for one am 100% on board with the decisions the Blood Elves made. But to pretend that Alleria, or anyone else has to be okay with this or is nothing but a traitorous alliance lapdog otherwise is just incredibly narrow minded and naive.
    But no one said that Alleria should love the Horde now. But that still doesn't explain how the suddenly she became an Alliance mouthpiece without even talking with her people first. It goes against her independent rebellious streak, she went against Anasterian in the Second War, she went against Turalyon and Khadgar during the Sons of Lothar expedition, she went against Xe'ra and Turalyon during A Thousand Years of War.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    “But orcs and trolls killed their family!!!”

That’s true. Orcs killed their mom and their brother, but a human destroyed their entire home, and killed their sister.

The truth is if Sylvanas survived the Scourge attack she would be a blood elf. She wasn’t off running with humans when Arthas showed up, she was defending her home like every other blood elf today. So then why don’t Vereesa and Alleria get over their petty grudges and join the Horde? Since they’ve both banged humans they surely know that not all humans are bad, just like how not all orcs and trolls are bad.
    Orcs and trolls killed their family while the undead* sacked their home.

Deleted

That’s true. Orcs killed their mom and their brother, but a human destroyed their entire home, and killed their sister.

The truth is if Sylvanas survived the Scourge attack she would be a blood elf. She wasn’t off running with humans when Arthas showed up, she was defending her home like every other blood elf today. So then why don’t Vereesa and Alleria get over their petty grudges and join the Horde? Since they’ve both banged humans they surely know that not all humans are bad, just like how not all orcs and trolls are bad.
    So what country or people do you hate the most? Try motivating yourself moving there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    But no one said that Alleria should love the Horde now. But that still doesn't explain how the suddenly she became an Alliance mouthpiece without even talking with her people first. It goes against her independent rebellious streak, she went against Anasterian in the Second War, she went against Turalyon and Khadgar during the Sons of Lothar expedition, she went against Xe'ra and Turalyon during A Thousand Years of War.
    What would there be to gain from talking with her people? So she can learn all about how they joined the orcs (who she hates) and trolls (who she also hates) and willingly took on demonic energies? (which she, boyo, also hates)

Meanwhile the Alliance is comprised of humans and dwarves who she's extensively fought alongside AND the remains of the uncorrupted high-elves, as well as the draenei who she's also been fighting alongside for thousands of years.

So let's see... it's races and powers that have shown her nothing but grief and destruction, versus races she's fought alongside for thousands of years.

Tough choice hmmm
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What would there be to gain from talking with her people? So she can learn all about how they joined the orcs (who she hates) and trolls (who she also hates) and willingly took on demonic energies? (which she, boyo, also hates)

Meanwhile the Alliance is comprised of humans and dwarves who she's extensively fought alongside AND the remains of the uncorrupted high-elves, as well as the draenei who she's also been fighting alongside for thousands of years.

So let's see... it's races and powers that have shown her nothing but grief and destruction, versus races she's fought alongside for thousands of years.

Tough choice hmmm
    Once again, it has nothing to do with choice but with her own character. She asking the "why?" by herself doesn't make her Horde, nor she needs to be Anduin's mouthpiece to be Alliance.

And she fought the Amani and the Legion for thousands of years, not the races of the Horde.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-12-16 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it has nothing to do with choice but with her own character. She asking the "why?" by herself doesn't make her Horde, nor she needs to be Anduin's mouthpiece to be Alliance.

And she fought the Amani and the Legion for thousands of years, not the races of the Horde.
    The orcs were agents of the legion (let alone the shit garosh pulled) and blood elves indulged in fel energy.

Meanwhile, the alliance is a band of races she trusts and has fought alongside and she likely supports the guy leading them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    The orcs were agents of the legion (let alone the shit garosh pulled) and blood elves indulged in fel energy.
    Keyword, "were". And if she was so concerned about the Blood Elves indulging in fel (except they actually didn't), then why she is trying to bring them to the Alliance?

Meanwhile, the alliance is a band of races she trusts and has fought alongside and she likely supports the guy leading them.
    Still not part of Alleria's character. Yet again, being part of the Alliance doesn't turn one into a mouthpiece of the King of Stormwind.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-12-16 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I've been hearing this sentiment a lot lately, but is the faction war more overplayed than "joining hands to beat a world-ending threat with reverse plot armor"?
    THANK YOU

i’ll take faction war over big bad any day of the week

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've been hearing this sentiment a lot lately, but is the faction war more overplayed than "joining hands to beat a world-ending threat with reverse plot armor"?
    Both are equally tired at this point, in my opinion. My preference would actually be for exploration and small concerns as opposed to either a world-ending threat requiring full cooperation or an all-out world war across Azeroth. You can have quality content without needing to threaten the world at the culmination of a given arc - or even a need to temporarily unify the two factions temporarily to face a shared threat.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Because the High Elves and Blood Elves had opposing views as to how to deal with a nationwide problem. This is how the culture split. Given Alleria's loyalty and experiences in the first two wars, the thousand years war she fought against fel fuelled demons, how she and the other Elves on Draenor/Outland handled being separated from the Sunwell, the loss of her family, and the fact that her last two living relatives Vareesa and Arator are on the the High Elf / Alliance side - it's not hard to see why she picked the side she did.

Alleria going to Silvermoon to try and sway Lorthemar shows that she doesnt hate her people. But succumbing to the Fel, draining a Naaru and joining the Horde have taken them in a very different direction. Not in an evil or bad one, but one that makes them different enough from the people she left behind. It makes sense why she sees the High Elves as her home and her true kin.

That doesn't make her a bad person, nor does it make Lorthemar. One of the interesting running plot threads at the moment is this dichotomy. I don't get why people get so tunnel visioned into either side. I hope this gets more spot light beyond the Ally Race quest for Void Elves and Nightborne this xpac.
    Last edited by Captain Kennedy; 2017-12-16 at 01:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Both Vereesa and now Alleria still consider Quel’thalas their home, they just aren’t allowed there.

Again I really don’t see licking fel blood off her daggers Alleria judging blood elves for killing mana wyrms and using fel to fix silvermoon.

But then again I don’t see that Alleria from the books at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Actually, if you want to get technical, Arthas was closer to a Forsaken than a human at the time he attacked the Elves.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    Actually, if you want to get technical, Arthas was closer to a Forsaken than a human at the time he attacked the Elves.

He wasn’t undead till he cut out his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    bro he’s a human. sylvanas is dead and everyone knows she’s a elf. becoming undead or whatever doesn’t change who you are
    Last edited by united; 2017-12-16 at 08:02 PM.

You are missing the obvious part where Alleria would feel that her kin joining the horde is downright a betrayal of all she did to keep them safe. It's not even about her loyalty to the alliance at its core, but about that sense of betrayal and lack of integrity. The fact that her how youngest sister and another group of high elves remain in the alliance tells Alleria the rest didn't have to join the horde, but chose to.

Alleria's main motivation is not bringing the blood elves to the alliance, it is taking them away from the horde. Being in the alliance is just a far more desirable outcome than being allied with the horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    You are missing the obvious part where Alleria would feel that her kin joining the horde is downright a betrayal of all she did to keep them safe.
    It still doesn't mean she has to be Anduin's mouthpiece, don't know how many times I have to mention that.

It still doesn't mean she has to be Anduin's mouthpiece, don't know how many times I have to mention that.

I mean, the reason I haven't referred to it it's because it's a silly complaint, cause the whole reason she's bringing him up is to show the blood elves she brings an official proposal, not just a wish and a prayer.

I have already underlined the reasons why Alleria so heavily dislikes that her kin allied with the horde and why she sees belonging to the alliance as the better choice, yet you continue to dismiss her actions to these regards as being "Anduin's mouthpiece" and that is incredibly disingenuous and just soaked with bias.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2017-12-17 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, "joining hands to beat a world-ending threat with reverse plot armor" is blizzard's story telling.

It's the same story blizzard has been telling since WC3, and it's the same story Blizzard even turned Starcraft into.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Both are equally tired at this point, in my opinion. My preference would actually be for exploration and small concerns as opposed to either a world-ending threat requiring full cooperation or an all-out world war across Azeroth. You can have quality content without needing to threaten the world at the culmination of a given arc - or even a need to temporarily unify the two factions temporarily to face a shared threat.
    It always made the denizens of Azeroth look really dumb if they have to work together over and over only to fight again the next day. To me every single time it happened the story got less and less believable. I just feel the damage is done at this point, with out some major time skip or a full blown relaunch of the game I don't feel they can salvage the game's story from the cycle of: Faction war - Big bad - faction War - Big bad....

I think at the end of the day the real issue, is blizzard is a company of old men who like the football team mentality of people shouting faction names at Blizzcon, but also like unity and working together.

But I agree with you, some change of pace other than the same shit we've seen for 14 years would be refreshing.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-12-16 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.