Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

How often do you get a haircut?

When I was a kid, my dad cut my hair about once every three months.

In my teens I had quite long curly dark hair, and when it got too long and messy I usually just cut it all down to around 17mm, let it grow out and did it all over again. As you might imagine, I really didn't care about how it looked.

Now, I am pretty much going bald in a few years, or at least so much so that the wise thing to do is to shave it all off and keep it clean.
    So I thought I might as well experiment around with haircuts, so a few months ago, I went to the barber for the first time in over ten years. Planning to make regular appointments every other month or so to perhaps stall the balding, if only a bit.

So I thought I'd make, what some may say (and rightfully so), a pointless thread about hair.
    Last edited by mmocfca609e314; 2017-12-15 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the every 4 to 5 weeks schedule. My hair grows pretty slowly and I keep it pretty short.

I'm in the going bald boat as well. At some point I'll shave my head and keep it that way. I can pull it off, I've done it before. The problem is deciding whether to shave my head every day (time consuming) or keep it short/every few days.

I'll likely spring for laser hair removal on the rest of my head when the dreaded day finally arrives.

Every 3 months or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Every 5-6 weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Randomly.

Sometimes it's a few weeks, I've even gone a couple of months. Just pretty much when I can't give a damn anymore about my hair.

Deleted
    like twice a year, i have messy hair most of the time. getting a haircut is just such a drag i can never be bothered to go :/

Probably every 3-4 months. It's shoulder length, so growing it a few inches below the shoulders nobody even notices.

Every 3-4 month. Usually before christmas, then before eastern, then a summer cut and a reshave after summer.

About 2-3 times a year. Usually starts to get past shoulder length and starts poking me in the eye, and then I'll get it cut. I have curly/wavy hair, so the front curls tend to curve in the perfect hook to jab my eye.

Never get it cut too short though, I like my hair to be a bit longer.

I think I've gotten my hair trimmed twice (at the very most 3 times) in like the last fifteen years. My hair is a little past my waist and it never gets much longer than that. I've pretty much always had long hair my entire life except for once when my mom cut my hair to a bob going into my 9th grade year (against my wishes) and it was absolutely horrible and ever since then I rarely allow anyone with scissors near my hair...she really traumatized me =_=
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

When I had hair; it was around two weeks per trim.

Now, I don't need to spend any money, because I can only grow hair on the sides.

About every 10-12 weeks

I guess about every 2 months or so. Sometimes less, if I wanted to trim it on the sides sooner, but I always leave some hair on the top, kind of like this:

Shave my hair when it gets long enough, it's free and it feels good. Not with a razor though i keep it like 2-3mm.

About once every three to five months. I have my girlfriend buzz it to 3/8 inches then just let it grow back naturally. Just depends on my mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every month usually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Shave my hair when it gets long enough, it's free and it feels good. Not with a razor though i keep it like 2-3mm.
    I do the same, let it grow until it gets annoying and then shave my head.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I do the same, let it grow until it gets annoying and then shave my head.
    Hehe yeah simple and free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't cut my hair for 5 years, though my beard gets trimmed every month...ish.

Once a month I run a razor over my head, beard every 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.