Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why does it take so long to roll out LFR

Has it ever been explained as to why they roll out LFR so slowly? The Mythic version of the raid has already been cleared yet we still only have 1 wing of LFR? I mean I sort justified it to myself before, thinking, well rolling it out over a couple of weeks sort of time gates it for super casual players. But if they are super casual, were they really going to burn themselves out on LFR? It just seems weird that the easiest difficulty is the one they decided to Time Gate for some reason. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not weird at all. It's an incentive to go get into a normal group right away.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's an incentive for people to enter normal/heroic if they want to see it quicker

Deleted
    I assume it also makes sure people do not use LFR to get tier pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    So casual people who only do LFR don't run all of lfr the instant the raid releases and go "I'm done, beat the game" *unsub*

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I assume it also makes sure people do not use LFR to get tier pieces.
    Then Tier shouldnt be a part of LFR

tier is irrelevant in BFA so that wont matter. Its done to appease the crowd that for some reason feels the need to complain about people in LFR clearing an instance while they progress in normal / HC / mythic. And yes likely to stretch out the content for LFR only raiders/players.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    Then Tier shouldnt be a part of LFR
    Gear should absolutely not be the same in LFR as it is in regular raiding. The WoD model was perfect imo if they wanted to keep LFR in the game. Take out tier and trinkets, and in BfA, take out the "mystic" gear from LFR or whatever it is called.

The real question is - Why do people keep asking this question, and keep posting pointless threads about it?

Deleted
    It's mostly so that real raiders don't have to feel forced to run LFR in order to to get tier/TF procs.

Because as much as mmo-champ wants to deny it, casuals are keeping this game afloat, if LFR is fully released on day 1 they will clear it and then leave

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Gear should absolutely not be the same in LFR as it is in regular raiding. The WoD model was perfect imo if they wanted to keep LFR in the game. Take out tier and trinkets, and in BfA, take out the "mystic" gear from LFR or whatever it is called.
    Funny thing is Jay some of those WoD LFR tiers worked amazingly in Timewalking.

To be fair in this tier of LFR you can't get the Path of the Titans trinkets from Argus. You have to do it on Normal. Same with the upgrade item.

i feel like lfr could be a little quicker. i don't really agree with the argument that casuals will leave after clearing it day 1. i know quite a few non raiders, and none of them up and stop playing as soon as they clear lfr.

im not saying it needs to be released all at once, but it seems a little slow to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    i feel like lfr could be a little quicker. i don't really agree with the argument that casuals will leave after clearing it day 1. i know quite a few non raiders, and none of them up and stop playing as soon as they clear lfr.

im not saying it needs to be released all at once, but it seems a little slow to me.
    I kind of agree.

Have 1 week and then have the last wing be 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Because as much as mmo-champ wants to deny it, casuals are keeping this game afloat, if LFR is fully released on day 1 they will clear it and then leave
    People run LFR for the same reasons people raid normal. To gear up and gearing up from a tier doesn't happen in one pass, so no people wouldn't run LFR once and quit.

All of you way way way overestimate the shits people give about seeing whatever video you get at the end of a raid. That shit is out there on the internet and the 5 people who care about it have already watched it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine it like this:

You are not cutting edge guild, but a regular guild for [insert difficulty]. This is your difficulty where you will spent several weeks or maybe months to finally beat it.

LFR with it's staggered release basically simulates this. I think they even said somewhere a few years ago that no normal guild goes in and kills every boss in one week on their respective difficulty, cutting edge World First guilds excluded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    People run LFR for the same reasons people raid normal. To gear up and gearing up from a tier doesn't happen in one pass, so no people wouldn't run LFR once and quit.

All of you way way way overestimate the shits people give about seeing whatever video you get at the end of a raid. That shit is out there on the internet and the 5 people who care about it have already watched it.
    People what run LFR (like myself) doesnt care about gear. They want just clear end game content and pieace out. Why would anyone bother to grind gear? It such useless reward these days. So i pretty much wait till all lfr wings open. Clear it on day 1 and unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So casual people who only do LFR don't run all of lfr the instant the raid releases and go "I'm done, beat the game" *unsub*
    They just unsub until it is all out.

Deleted
    They are not finished balancing LFR so they delay it to make sure it's not undertuned/overtuned.

Butthurt snowflakes. That's all.