Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post

My response to you saying 'transmog breaks the game' whereas duel spec does not effect the game.
    that's the thing. NO APPRECIATION OF NUANCE OR SHADES OF GREY. common among wow players

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    i agree transmog breaks the game

dual spec doesn't. When it was released, it was welcomed by EVERYONE.
    You actually sum up the problem very niceşy here. YOU agree it breaks the game and you presume to speak for everyone. It's all subjective. Some other person may think transmog should stay, another may say getting mounts at level 20 is ok, somebody else may think dual spec breaks the sould of vanilla. Everybody may have their own vision of perfected vanilla experience, so the safest thing would be to just stick to the original as much as tecnically possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Which is a fair viewpoint, but theres also a lot going the other way of if I don't want sprinkles, nobody can have sprinkles. Without even entertaining any debate on the topic.
    Valid counterpoint, but respectfully, there's not much room for debate in this case. People asked them to bring back the classic version of the game, Blizz finally caved, and now people are coming out of the woodworks with lists and lists of requests like "transmog! Oh and blood elves and draenei! AOE looting! Dual spec! Highlighted quest mobs! New content after Naxx!" etc.

And however minor these things seem, all of them add up to one end result: changing classic WoW into something that isn't classic WoW. If its just watered-down retail with a level 60 cap, whats the point?

Imagine being part of a movement to bring something back... a show from the 80s, or a toyline or something. Finally the company says "we hear you guys, we're bringing <name of thing> back!" And suddenly there's a bunch of 'fans' you never heard of saying "omg yes but update the intro! Give the figures more joints! Switch to CG graphics, those animation cells look like shit LOL! Redub the voice overs!" and bunch of other 'minor' changes.

I don't even care about classic WoW - if Blizzard cancelled plans for it, I wouldn't bat an eyelash - and all these requests for 'little' changes and updates still manage to get on my nerves. The people who wanted classic WoW enough to wear Blizzard down over... how many years now? They bloody well deserve classic World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-15 at 08:44 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Actually i find the people wanting classic to be the worst. THE WORST when it comes to whinning. They all want classic because it was more elitest. It was also obscure and had no where near the same following. But it was born in an age where everything was crap or non existent so people who played had no life and earned the respect of people who had no where near the same amount of time. Now that people with lives can catch up and be the same they don't feel special anymore. After all most of the complex mini game like aspects can be marginalized into a script and the human controller just has to point where. Wait this is just like South Park, "They TOOK OUR JOBS!"

guys it's just a game how about on/off toggle buttons with achievements so you feel like doing everything the slow way was meaningful.
    Not everyone plays Vanilla WoW to raid... why does raiding have to be the focal point of this discussion? Shit, the best part about vanilla WoW for me is running 5mans with guildies/friends for preraid BiS gear. After that, I could care less if I even raid. Id go and level another character and do it all over again or do some epic PvPing in AV. Raiding for me is stressful and unejoyable most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's WoW Classic. Therefore it's presumed that what you want is CLASSIC. That means without LFD, without transmog, without new models, without aoe looting, without dual spec. That's the whole point.
    WoW "Classic" has yet to be defined by blizzard. If you think in 201X they are going to ship a product in the same state as OG WoW, you are smoking some OG Kush. I think any one expecting a full true vanilla is just plain silly. AoE looting, Dual spec, minor QoL changes SHOULD be expected. LFR/LFD I dont think should be though.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Valid counterpoint, but respectfully, there's not much room for debate in this case. People asked them to bring back the classic version of the game, Blizz finally caved, and now people are coming out of the woodworks with lists and lists of requests like "transmog! Oh and blood elves and draenei! AOE looting! Dual spec! Highlighted quest mobs! New content after Naxx!" etc.
    Correct. There is no room for debate. The reason you keep seeing the same answer, OP, is because asking for things to be added to Classic which were not originally in Classic is illogical.

What is getting old are endless threads with ideas on how to change the Classic experience by introducing post Vanilla conveniences.

It doesn't make it Classic anymore. It makes it Classic+, and people asked for Classic.
    No, they asked for Vanilla servers, Blizz is giving us "Classic" servers. What that entails and how Blizz will define "Classic" is yet to be seen. I will say this much, if you think it wont have QoL changes from post Vanilla, you are being silly.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

dual spec won't break the game
    the thing i loved the most about vanilla was that if you were a holy priest, you were a holy priest. You werent a priest, you werent a shadow priest or disc priest, you were a holy priest.

Some people did respec if their guild required it, but the guild chipped in for that shit.

Spec identity was at its strongest in vanilla and it was really really cool. It did result in some bad things, like if you leveled from 1-60 as a boomkin, get ready to shell out some G to respec to resto, but i think even that is worth it.

I hate the gameplay right now of being able to reroll between all 3 specs with little performance loss. It becomes increasingly easy for people to just demand you respec. Enhancement shamans or survival hunters will know all about this.

In vanilla, while they would no doubt of did less damage, they wouldn't have been told to respec.

So yeah, please, no dual spec.

AOE Looting? Sure. Master looter? Yes please. Raid markers? Yes please

everything else, no thanks.

There is no doubt that there will be QoL features added, even if its only the ones that will make life easier on Blizzard employees. AOE looting is a no brainer to include. Dual specs are doubtful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    the thing i loved the most about vanilla was that if you were a holy priest, you were a holy priest. You werent a priest, you werent a shadow priest or disc priest, you were a holy priest.

Some people did respec if their guild required it, but the guild chipped in for that shit.

Spec identity was at its strongest in vanilla and it was really really cool. It did result in some bad things, like if you leveled from 1-60 as a boomkin, get ready to shell out some G to respec to resto, but i think even that is worth it.

I hate the gameplay right now of being able to reroll between all 3 specs with little performance loss. It becomes increasingly easy for people to just demand you respec. Enhancement shamans or survival hunters will know all about this.

In vanilla, while they would no doubt of did less damage, they wouldn't have been told to respec.

So yeah, please, no dual spec.

AOE Looting? Sure. Master looter? Yes please. Raid markers? Yes please

everything else, no thanks.
    you're conflating dual spec with spec balance. not the same thing. dual spec =/= the retail crapfest that exists today

you're conflating dual spec with spec balance. not the same thing. dual spec =/= the retail crapfest that exists today
    no, im not. Im conflating dual spec with spec identity.

If you can reroll spec at any time, players cease being prot warriors and become just warriors. In vanilla this distinction mattered. In Legion it does not matter at all. If pick warlock and raid you will be expected to play all 3 specs. In vanilla you could pick the one you preferred up until naxx.

Why do you want a QoL feature like dual spec? Is it because you want an easier time leveling? guess what... in classic wow, you had to make friends and make good with people so they could quest and level with you. Thats the beauty of vanilla. Yea, its harder for a reason, it forces you to find another way to progress through the game rather than using a QoL feature like dual spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not really. If you loved plain chocolate ice cream as a kid, then go back to a place to get some after 12-13 years and they start putting sprinkles on it, bits of nuts, etc... you're gonna say 'no, no, just the ice cream please.'

How would you feel if the person making it said 'but nuts and sprinkles enhances it!' while disregarding your stated preference. You didn't go there for chocolate ice cream + nuts and sprinkles, you just wanted simple ****ing chocolate ice cream. And yet you have this moron who insists on adding things.

Not that it, or this topic in general, matters. Blizzard has already said that they are NOT moving away from the inconveniences and flaws of classic, so AOE looting and all this other QoL stuff isn't going to happen.
    How are you not gonna use vanilla ice cream in your analogy...

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    Why do you want a QoL feature like dual spec? Is it because you want an easier time leveling? guess what... in classic wow, you had to make friends and make good with people so they could quest and level with you. Thats the beauty of vanilla. Yea, its harder for a reason, it forces you to find another way to progress through the game rather than using a QoL feature like dual spec.
    I don't even want dual spec that badly, I just think there's a difference between game breaking features and non game-breaking features. The black and white thinking, and the unwillingness to even discuss the matter, is my biggest objection.

wanting something negligible is FAR REMOVED from wanting to play retail. I can't bring myself to play retail, I'm open minded about a few small changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Doesn't really matter what Blizz do, there'll be moaning because peoples experience won't be the same as a decade+ ago.

For what its worth I would guess there'll be some QoL changes around battle net and support etc.
    Oh, definitely.

As OP points out, there's no way Blizzard are going to employ staff to answer loot tickets.

That means either an automated loot reclaim system (for sold/destroyed items), a loot trading window for BoP items, or no support for loot disputes at all.

Either way, that's just one thing that wont be exactly as it was originally.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-12-15 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You ask for Classic, you get Classic.
    I asked for a modified, Upgraded version of Classic, Do i get that too then? Since according to you, Everyone get what they asks for

I don't even want dual spec that badly, I just think there's a difference between game breaking features and non game-breaking features. The black and white thinking, and the unwillingness to even discuss the matter, is my biggest objection.

wanting something negligible is FAR REMOVED from wanting to play retail. I can't bring myself to play retail, I'm open minded about a few small changes.
    I can't believe you just wrote this sentence:

I just think there's a difference between game breaking features and non game-breaking features
    followed by this one:

The black and white thinking
    buddy. This isn't a game breaking issue, but it still is in an issue. Do you understand that? Putting dual spec in sends a shockwave across the entire wow economy and thats just the start. After that, you'll have toxic shit going on like every single mage being expected to play frost for a boss and if you aren't, be prepared to get kicked. You'll also have other dumb shit, like feeling like an idiot for playing fire in the open world, when you could go frost and do way better. Spec identity will be ruined and we'll cease being 'fire mages' and become merely 'mages'.

People care about their spec. Its why so many people got angry when they removed gladiator stance, ranged survival hunters and demo warlock's metamorphasis. These guys aren't interested in the other 2 specs their class has. They're interested in that ONE spec and being forced to play another one is enough of a reason to quit the game outright.

So yes, while making dual spec won't cripple the game entirely, it will bring a lot of problems with it and the benefits do NOT outweigh the negatives.

the funny thing is .......ANY CHANGES..... that don't stick to Vanilla in this "Classic" release is just going to make people(and theses are the people this was geared for to begin with...) keep playing on private servers for the true Vanilla experience and we will still see threads and folks asking "So Blizz, when are we getting a TRUE vanilla experience and not this modified one you put out?

See why people are saying this? SEE?
    come on man.... Be smarter

How about this?: they make classic wow then a year or two later they make and/or announce wow classic:twist(or some other name that would replace my gay ass name) anyways, it would be a new server with all of the classic features and some new ones like xmog and ds but also brings new encounters or some of the same encounters such as lei shen or FL rag to vanilla and tuned for vanilla.

Pretty much the osrs route for wow but a second separate server.

Why don't they just have pure servers and then QoL servers?