Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If Zandalari get Paladins, Night Elves definitely should too.
    The logic behind this reasoning is akin to a four year old crying about being even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    It's not like they have Sisters of Elune becoming Sentinels. Like literally battle-priestesses, the very definition of paladins.
    Priestesses of the moon use bows. Unless you want to add new class to accommodate that it won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Guys, both Night Elf and Zandalari paladins make sense, it’s not an either/or thing, nor is it a balancing act, both should be playable because both have lore backing them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    The logic behind this reasoning is akin to a four year old crying about being even.
    It's not a question of being even. It's that Paladins fit NEs at least as much as Zandalari, and if two trash mobs in ToT are argued to be the basis for a race/class combo, surely the two NEs that are actual Paladins in the Order Hall campaign are a stronger basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm a huge nay on that I'm afraid.

I mean, if they wanted to they could always invent some plot thread to make it make sense. But at the moment? Nah.
    Invent? They already exist? Free Thinkers plate and Prelates......
    And
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's not a question of being even. It's that Paladins fit NEs at least as much as Zandalari, and if two trash mobs in ToT are argued to be the basis for a race/class combo, surely the two NEs that are actual Paladins in the Order Hall campaign are a stronger basis.
    not two trash mobs, but https://wow.gamepedia.com/Freethinker from vanila and who lore behind Zandalary trolls. And sometimes it's question why NE don't have paladins since their priestes can be quite capable in combat (tyrande can be called paladin definetly). Maybe it's because paladins don't use bows...
    Last edited by Zorish; 2017-12-18 at 06:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    not two trash mobs, but https://wow.gamepedia.com/Freethinker from vanila and who lore behind Zandalary trolls.
    You mean, all 3 paragraphs of lore there? And 3 quests, which were removed from the game long ago?
    Additionally to 2 trash-mobs (whom we killed).

And sometimes it's question why NE don't have paladins since their priestes can be quite capable in combat (tyrande can be called paladin definetly). Maybe it's because paladins don't use bows...
    What's paladin-like about Tyrande? She always fought with agility, not strength.
    Her heals do not come from the light and she never wore plate armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You mean, all 3 paragraphs of lore there? And 3 quests, which were removed from the game long ago?
    They were removed because ZG was updated. They not deleted this from lore. Only from game because of cataclysm events.
    What's paladin-like about Tyrande? She always fought with agility, not strength.
    Paladin doesn't mean plate and strength. Paladin is warrior of faith. Priest who wanted to defend his belief not with words, but with weapon. Maybe i am wrong but Tyrande and other priestes looks very "paladinish" for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

Brother, 3 paragraphs are enough. If they state that there are Zandalari Paladins then there are.

Using bow requires more strength than using sword. Plate can always be put on body. These are gameplay mechanics, not lore ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Invent? They already exist? Free Thinkers plate and Prelates......
    And
    Those are just game mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I have always wondered where that line is drawn. Game mechanics or lore... such a gray and ambiguous place.

Deleted
    Sister, how can you know those are just mechanics? The very names speak of illumination.

Deffo no. Idea of trolls as paladins gives me taste of foot in my mouth
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

you can not be sure. On one side it was during vanila... so mb lore there not... totaly right....
    on other - it's still lore and nothing speaking against it (cause "paladin" is just template - they are Loa warriors i would say, who use power of Loa attuned to energy "similar" to light, or light itself)

but yeah it can be gamemech (cause i still doubt that DK raised more DK recruits, and not only Four)

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't see why not. The inclusion of Taruen, Blood Elf, and even Draenei paladins shows you only need a belief in the Light to be a paladin, not adherence to any actual doctrine. Yes Humans and Dwarves were the 'original' Paladins on Azeroth and share a belief structure, but things have moved on. The Taruen worship An'she and view the Light as an extension of her will, the human's view the Light as a more abstract force (or did), while the Draenei view it in a more literal way with material avatars (Naaru), which is new shared by the Blood Knights due to the close relationship forged between the Draenei and them during the Burning Crusade.

So I have zero problem with another race, such as Trolls, having access to Paladins, after all the spells are only named the way they are for gameplay consistency, they don't reflect the actual lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Honestly? I hope they do. They're in game already (prelates) and they'd be way more imposing than the Tauren or Blood Elf Paladins.

I'm already considering switching to horde for Nightborne, since I absolutely love their lore and the Suramar storyline, this would be icing.
    More imposing than a Tauren paladin? How do you figure that? I agree with the belf pallies, though.
    OT: Sure, since gnomes can be warriors, any race can be any class.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    More imposing than a Tauren paladin? How do you figure that? I agree with the belf pallies, though.
    i am not sure, but i think that Zandalari trolls are tallest from all troll species (height about as tauren). https://wow.gamepedia.com/Height#Troll_subspecies
    or at least as tall as dark trolls hunched.

Sure why not, they screwed the Paladin lore a long time ago anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Priestesses of the moon use bows. Unless you want to add new class to accommodate that it won't happen.
    That is why I specified that many Priestesses became Sentitnels, with glavies. Also before Tauren Paladins, you had to belive in Holy Light (either as is or in Naaru's form) to be a paladin, yet since Cata worshiping any source of light is good enough (I am waiting for the Knights of Glorious Camp Fire). And as Jastall says, there is simply more lore to justify Night Elven Paladin than a troll one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Based on what we know about Zandalari culture dating back to the original Zul'Gurub patch in Classic and how our understanding of them has expanded since then, it's likely that the Zandalari are in-fact the culture with the very first paladins to ever walk Azeroth. You could consider them the very first culture to have light-wielding warrior-priests, which is the definition of what Paladins are dating back to WC2. While I will not conclusively say that Zandalari WILL have playable paladins, I would be genuinely surprised if they didn't.

And yes, Night Elves should be allowed to roll paladins imho and the paladin order hall quests in 7.0 and 7.2 are the ideal setup for this to become more commonplace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It's hard to be imposing with a hunch and fucked up helm graphics. Zandalari stand tall and wear their armor without clipping issues. Maybe if they made the Tauren more size appropriate (they're always shown as pretty damn huge in the cinematics), but as it is, in my opinion, due to the aformentioned, Zandalari Paladins will be more imposing. Imagine one in Judgment.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic