Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    You'd really go as far as to say Andromeda is now a contender for worst games ever made?
    Yes I would actually considering its budget and how much was blown on it. It was a colossal waste of money and everyone's time. And a sign of triple A gaming. FF13 is at least a competent turn based RPG. You want to see bad games?

You don't know what the worst of steam is.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Wait a second. Mysterymask... Are you who I think you are?
    Of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst game ever? No I have seen worse games than that. Now worst FF? for me yes because for me when it comes to any RPG I want to play I look at the gameplay as the first prio then storyline then the other stuff. The gameplay of the first FF13 holy hell was super bad no exploration what so ever simluator hallway mini map arrow telling you exactly where you have to go and spoon feed you almost everything it is almost impossible to get lost at all. Very short compare to the other FF. The only good thing about it was the combat system which is fun and some soundtracks. Other than that it is indeed horrible and abomination to the series I give it 4/10. It is basically 80% cinematics scenes and 20% gameplay and even that 20% gameplay they will just hold your hand like a baby and tells you exactly where you have to go.

Lightning is just a terrible character and trying to redeem her game by turning it into a dress-up wank template simulator is not enough.

It's not the worst game though, there is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HTKWX15oo

Certainly not the worst game ever made. I think there are far better contenders for that who have already been named in this thread. One of the worst in the FF series though? Sure, especially don't see why two sequels were needed. Though personally, my worst FF game goes to 15. Found it to be a complete snooze fest with an over hyped story and four "bro's" all trying to play a game of hide the pickle.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Nope, not even close, it might be a bad FF, but not a bad game, i did manage to finish it, and i did quite enjoy it.
    Also as @GennGreymaine said, the worst by a huge margin is the second one, that is really a good candidate for being one of the worst games ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    FF 2 is the worst
    For most people the series seems to start with 6 or 7 for some reason. There were actually 1-5 as well

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Damn you took it way back, I woulda gone with Superman 64 since I doubt most here even know about ET for Atari like us old folk.
    I do, I actually owned a cartridge of the damn thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    For most people the series seems to start with 6 or 7 for some reason. There were actually 1-5 as well
    Unless you were a Westerner. Remember we never got 2,3 and 5 till PS days. And I honestly found 7 to be overrated. It was good, but I preferred 4 and 6.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But for Gilgamesh.....

IT'S MORPHING TIME!!!

I'd recommend if you play 14 then do the Hildibrand quests. They have Gilgamesh in and he's just as hilarious as he is in 5.

I always say my top 3 are different when it comes to FF but 5 will always be my favorite. So usually my 2nd and 3rd game changes a lot because I'm too indecisive.
    You left off mentioning that the current end game raid, Omega Deltascape, is a series of mobs/bosses right out of FF5.

As for the OP:

I didn't have to play FF13 to realize I could skip on it; for whatever reason, I decided to check out some "let's play" videos of the game and was dumbfounded at how 90% of it was simply running through narrow paths...like how is that anything like what we had in old FF games, save for some maze-like areas (the cave leading to the realm of summons in FF4 comes to mind).

Worst game of all time caliber? Nah, doubt it. I happen to have the distinction of having played Superman 64...good thing I wasn't the one that paid for the rental.

7+ Year Old Account
    For some reason? Isn't the reason obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And no. Inflation of gamers/sales doesn't mean jack squat.
    You're both objectively and hilariously wrong. It's like saying a guy in 1901 with a 100k wasn't rich because people make a lot more today. Commercial success is relative to the time period and the story FF games since 10 have been irrelevant.

...its not "For Some Reason" at least in the US/EU

EU's first FF to release period was friggin Mystic Quest

US got 1 in 1987..which would put most on this forum at either a toddler or not even born yet
    We didn't get 2 and 5 until the PS1 AFTER 7 came out...and we didn't get a translation of 3 until the Nintendo DS
    Not to mention 7 was marketed WAAAAY more than the rest as "The first game that was a "Cinematic Experience"

so yeah 7 being the first isn't a big stretch

Deleted
    Obviously no... FF13 has pretty good character development and I kinda liked the story. Were just disappointed without cities as it was just a tunnel mostly.
    If people think its one of the worst games then you guys havent played many games.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, its a solid 6.5 or 7 for me. Worth playing if you love the universe, skip if you dont.

FF13 was way off the standard for the FF franchise, but it is not one of the worst games ever made by far. Best FF games imo are 7, 9 and 12 (I liked the IZJS version more than the original). Did not like 8 due to botched ending ( as well as MC being weaker than any other party member with equal gearing by a considerable margin, relying on gunblade crits just to do equal damage), 10 was like a circus of idiots on the loose. 13 is kind of not my cup of tea due to battle mechanics and almost zero side activity right until the end (compared to previous titles).
    As a side note, if you have a PS4, I would recommend trying the remastered FF12, The Zodiac Age. Or just find the original FF12 IZJS and play via an emulator.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2017-12-18 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Its not in the league of say Big Rigs, Superman 64 and Action 52. However when you compare it to previous Final Fantasies, id say its a betrayal. Its a soulless contraption, that for some fucking reason got 2 sequels, which arent that special either. Its all skin and no substance id say. The characters are annoying as fuck, especially Hope and Vanille, and i hate how the whole game is basically this corridor you run for 30 hours, after that it turns into a wow zone, but theres not much there. And the plot, omg.... what convoluted anime trash that tries to be deep, but fails miserably in execution.

4/10.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2017-12-18 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    that for some fucking reason got 2 sequels
    Each sequel sold over 3 mil with mostly reusing assets already made. I would say it was a very smart decision to make them for square.

The characters are annoying as fuck, especially Hope and Vanille
    I can't name a single jrpg, or anime or even manga that doesn't have annoying characters. They are usually there to prop up the rest of the cast. Hell even in western media there is usually the token annoying characters.

and i hate how the whole game is basically this corridor you run for 30 hours, after that it turns into a wow zone
    You mean like FFX?

13 in is the same sack as 10 and 8 as the FFs I didn't bother to finish because they were garbage with terrible characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not even bad. Its mediocre...tons of worse games out there.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    as bad as 13-2 got it still didn't go down the rabbit hole of worst game ever, games like Mindjack and Ride To Hell Retribution are still clogging that drain.