Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    She's still a convicted felon. The jury really didn't do her any favors.

That said, if she is here illegally and a felon then she should be deported.
    Well you're all illegally on our lands. So start the deporting.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she had a penis she would've been in jail now.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wonder if a man doing it would have such a lenient outcome...

And typical Tennis pulling out the marriage argument.
    Nah if it was a man he would get locked up faster than you can say stolen.. Well the way things are going more and more people are staying single, as there is much less hassle for both sides in the end.. I mean who would want to get married in this day and age when if things go south, the female pretty much gets everything and the male gets screwed over especially if they had kids..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If she had a penis she would've been in jail now.
    Yup pretty much, if male you get sent down, if female you can pretty much guarantee you will get off scot-free..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-12-18 at 02:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monetary penalties are pointless for the poor. They never pay them back and it just keeps them poor.

Now she's a felon too, so yeah.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Y'all acting like she didn't already get a severe punishment. She has a felony conviction, she won't be getting any real jobs, ever...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She should be deported. But it is up to the jurors if they want to donate their own money to help her.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People get into bad situations in life. Resorting to criminal behaviour comes with the risk of consequence though. Balance your choice, your gamble may not always pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Dysgenic moral preferences are shameful.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't really call it a "family" if there's no father to actually take care of the children.
    Guess that means a good portion of the households in the US aren't family at all. You just revolutionized US family laws, good job!

Nothing new, if the woman doesn't play victim card herself, others will do it for her. I guess making excuses for suspect is justice.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Y'all acting like she didn't already get a severe punishment. She has a felony conviction, she won't be getting any real jobs, ever...
    While her employers won't face any consequences for hiring illegal immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8115071.html

Also, the boss seems like a real piece of work. Show some compassion lady. No need to ruin the young worker's life over a couple of rings.
    If you have a wife And she wears heirloom jewelry , you should know a ring from her dead grandma made in 1943 is one of if not their most cherished possessions. It’s something no amount of money can replace the value of to a woman.

I’m assuming it wasn’t just a “couple of rings” to the victim.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Good for her. Hopefully, ICE deports her back to wherever she came from. We need fewer people like her in our society.

"The general sentiment was she was a victim, too,"
    A victim of her own stupidity perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    What if she was married to two men?
    How could she be married to 2 men at the same time? That's not natural.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Should of cut off her thieving hands.
    What about her baby? Can you imagine the trauma to the child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    She's in the United States illegally. A "real" job was never an option on her plate to begin with, so this punishment is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I mean, she'll probably steal again, but I find it pretty amusing that they hired illegal immigrants and then fret about crime. "That's where you've got to draw the line." Yeah, indeed.
    A lot of folks seem to think the person hired illegals and they stole from her. The person hired an agency, probably assuming everything would be run legally. That agency hired illegals.

Also, while you can have all the sympathy in the world for her, this went to trial. With a confession and everything, the thief (rightly I guess) decided that she could get away with it and rejected the plea bargains offered.

We don't know her criminal history, it's possible there isn't one or that it was sealed for being juvenile stuff since she's 19. Usually first timers are offered diversion programs/ probation stuff, she probably could have gotten off on time served even (with the 9 days). The $60 (and paying her $80) is just a slap to the victim/ system.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    If you have a wife And she wears heirloom jewelry , you should know a ring from her dead grandma made in 1943 is one of if not their most cherished possessions. It’s something no amount of money can replace the value of to a woman.

I’m assuming it wasn’t just a “couple of rings” to the victim.
    Maybe so but Lisa Copeland got her rings back. The maid could have just hidden them and never confessed. Talk about ungrateful!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Maybe so but Lisa Copeland got her rings back. The maid could have just hidden them and never confessed. Talk about ungrateful!
    The maid only returned them when she found out police were investigating, and after they questioned her. That just strikes me as somebody who is more concerned about what will happen to them rather than somebody who is generally regretful.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    A lot of folks seem to think the person hired illegals and they stole from her. The person hired an agency, probably assuming everything would be run legally. That agency hired illegals.

Also, while you can have all the sympathy in the world for her, this went to trial. With a confession and everything, the thief (rightly I guess) decided that she could get away with it and rejected the plea bargains offered.

We don't know her criminal history, it's possible there isn't one or that it was sealed for being juvenile stuff since she's 19. Usually first timers are offered diversion programs/ probation stuff, she probably could have gotten off on time served even (with the 9 days). The $60 (and paying her $80) is just a slap to the victim/ system.
    I'm sure they still knew perfectly well they were illegals. And I'm not sure how you can construe, "she'll probably steal again," with all the sympathy in the world for her, I just think all of them are law breakers, but the rich ones will get away with it.