Samsung CHG70 Fuzzy text

After returning two monitors to the store I finally settled on the Samsung CHG70 32" model. The screen size is perfect, the Freesync turned off (have a nivdia card), I selected 100hz as 144 is overkill anyway. All fine and dandy... EXCEPT.. the text is a bit fuzzy... I thought with the upgrade to a 2k screen from my old non gaming 1080 monitor would make things clearer, yet it does the opposite...

I have my old monitor also connected as a second monitor now and when I drag a window from my new screen to the old it is very clear.. the colors are better on my new screen. My games are smoother as well, yet when I drag a word document or browser to my old screen the text gets clearer..

Should I return this monitor as well? The store is probably going to start being annoyed as this is the third one in a month.
    Last edited by Planetdune; 2017-12-26 at 12:00 PM.

People like you are gonna be the reason they are gonna abolish laws about consumer protection and we are all gonna get owned.

Try to find the Sharpness setting in your new monitor, maybe it will help, otherwise it can simply be something else bugging out, had the same issue when i went from an older screen to a newer years ago, nvidia was the cause and a format was required cause i couldnt find for the life of me what was causing it.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-12-26 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    After returning two monitors to the store I finally settled on the Samsung CHG70 32" model. The screen size is perfect, the Freesync turned off (have a nivdia card), I selected 100hz as 144 is overkill anyway. All fine and dandy... EXCEPT.. the text is a bit fuzzy... I thought with the upgrade to a 2k screen from my old non gaming 1080 monitor would make things clearer, yet it does the opposite...

I have my old monitor also connected as a second monitor now and when I drag a window from my new screen to the old it is very clear.. the colors are better on my new screen. My games are smoother as well, yet when I drag a word document or browser to my old screen the text gets clearer..

Should I return this monitor as well? The store is probably going to start being annoyed as this is the third one in a month.
    Make sure your scaling is at 100% not higher
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Make sure your scaling is at 100% not higher
    The weird part is, at 125 or even better, 150% the text looks good. Way to big of course but good. At 100% it looks fuzzy (but correct size).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    The weird part is, at 125 or even better, 150% the text looks good. Way to big of course but good. At 100% it looks fuzzy (but correct size).
    set it to 100% and run calibration
    is the resolution set to max monitor allows?
    PM me weird stuff :3