Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    I guess you can imagine how the Alliance players feel then. Since we were essentially robbed of a playable race there.
    That's like saying you lost the forsaken as a playable race lol

And silvermoom was never alliance in WoW era so it's it the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would love to see alleria being executed by hanging in the middle of silvermoon. With her people cheering as her "for the alliance" yells turn into gurgle.
    i actually wish that too, because i can't believe a self respecting elf would go willingly to alliance after alliance showed their true color, twice
    then again we have high elves still 'alliance', the ppl who are living example of stockholm syndrome
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    There are little over 1000 high elves who aren't part of the Blood Elf nation. And that's from post Arthas marching on Thal numbers. Most of the non Blood Elf high elves joined into factions like the Silver Covenant. Which have been fighting wars with Kirin Tor and Dalaran and aren't at their original strength. There are also HE's that went off into neutral enemy factions too, but I can't recall their names anymore. You see them occasionally during old war content.
    What does that even have to do with everything? I mean... i'm just saying that the HE and VE could get some help of the Alliance (that is not made of 1000 people), to make a full fledged invasion to Silvermoon. (and maybe in the process make all the HE into VE, just to get rid of the boring side of their race, and make the playable one a little more "common")

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    What does that even have to do with everything? I mean... i'm just saying that the HE and VE could get some help of the Alliance (that is not made of 1000 people), to make a full fledged invasion to Silvermoon. (and maybe in the process make all the HE into VE, just to get rid of the boring side of their race, and make the playable one a little more "common")
    If this were to happen, it would only be temporary, the Alliance are not going to post thousands of people in Quel'thalas to hold it for an insignificant portion of the Alliance. Not to mention the Void Elves can't be around the Sunwell, and really that's the reason why HE and VE want to be back in Quel'thalas.
    It should also be mentioned that high elves are allowed to return to Quel'thalas and see the Sunwell, almost as they please. And Alleria knows she can't go near the Sunwell anymore, and certainly wouldn't allow any of the other void elves to go near it because it would get "infected." And I'm sure there is going to be strife between the VE's and the remaining "High Elves" in the silver covenant and silver hand. The highelves aren't going to want the VE's in Quel'thalas. Ironically I could see these outlying HEs turning back to the BE nation to keep out the VE's and whatever ideas the Alliance would have for Quel'thalas because there just aren't enough non BE Elfs to hold the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So everyone turning to fight Garrosh doesn't count huh? You're just going to take the gameplay mechanic of un-instanced material not updating immediately? You do know that time is not concurrent across the in-game world, right?

Snip
    So it its just like the Horde, same faction only under need managment.

So everyone turning to fight Garrosh doesn't count huh? You're just going to take the gameplay mechanic of un-instanced material not updating immediately? You do know that time is not concurrent across the in-game world, right?
    No if you are not counting the fact that the Alliance changed for the better regarding both Old Alliance of LOrdaeron, Garithos and so on.

The Double standard is that you people expect forgiviness on Garrosh but blame the Alliance with Garithos.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Some Blood Elves, but Silvermoon?
    When I say New Alliance, it means that in the future, the horde and alliance as we know it won't exist anymore.

Homophobia is so gay.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post

No if you are not counting the fact that the Alliance changed for the better regarding both Old Alliance of LOrdaeron, Garithos and so on.

The Double standard is that you people expect forgiviness on Garrosh but blame the Alliance with Garithos.
    The Alliance has not changed in the eyes of the blood elves, They tried to rejoin in burning Crusade, the Alliance lied to them.

They talked about joining in MoP, their people were killed in Dalaran.

You keep talking about looking in from their perspective, tell me how on earth they would ever think positively about the Alliance again? (Hint, they dont)
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account

Horde going from Thrall, to Garrosh (until rebellion), to Vol'jin, to Sylvanas is indeed the same faction under new management. Just like the Alliance going from Lothar, to Terenas, to Garithos, to Varian, to Anduin is the same faction under new management. The Alliance may have changed to be more accepting and inclusive, but it is still the same organization that has repeatedly wronged the elves. There is only 1 Alliance. The members of that Alliance themselves count it as a contiguous entity.

I never said anything about forgiving Garrosh. I've said repeatedly, the Horde is completely responsible for following his orders. Just like how the Alliance is responsible for following Garithos' orders. The difference is that the majority of the Horde rebelled against Garrosh and are not responsible for anything Garrosh did without them.

There have been several Hordes. There's the Old Horde which was destroyed at the end of the 2nd War. There's the New Horde, started by Thrall based on the orcs' shamanistic culture. There's the Horde of Draenor, formed from the clans that didn't go through the DP. There's the Dark Horde, remnants of the Old Horde that escaped capture. There's the Fel Horde, remnants of the Horde of Draenor that were corrupted by Magtheridon's blood. There's the True Horde, Garrosh's loyalists who didn't rebel against him. There's the Iron Horde, made by uncorrupted orcs from WoD-Draenor.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a excuse why?Considering people like to blame the Alliance for what Arthas and Garithos did.
    Citing Arthas and Garithos as examples of corrupt and evil characters within the Alliance is not the same as blaming Lor'themar for what rogue members of a faction of the Kirin Tor did on the behalf of Garrosh. Lor'themar was negotiating with the Alliance to defect from the Horde at the time, and after the purge of Orgrimmar he still stood with the Alliance and the rest of the Horde leadership to remove Garrosh from power.

What you're saying is basically equivalent to, "Hah, good, we get to kill Anduin! Finally, we can get revenge for what Arthas and the Scourge did to the blood elves!"

Honestly, I would be ok with that. I would have a real problem with an Orgrimmar in the hands of the Alliance, but Silvermoon is ok. I would even think it would be cool, if Lordaeron would be fall into Alliance hands. It would be cool if the Forsaken would reclaim Stratholme and make it a new capital. But if think Lordaeron and Silvermoon would be a problem, because Stratholme would be in the middle and had to fight a war on two sides. If i would have to choose I would go with Strat for the Forsaken and Lordaeron für the alliance
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    If you mean they are delusional morons with no sense of self-preservation because they'd rather 'walk the high road' to extinction than fight for their people and nations, yes, the Alliance has that in droves. But the most advanced races on Azeroth are just as mired in the faction conflict as any other. The Blood Elves are dedicated to it, and the Nightborne happily joined them.

- - - Updated - - -

because Horde dindu nuffin double standards.
    Hey they gotta sell us suckers something. And this is the dish they have cooked up.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Take it! and the Blood elves too. We don't even want anything in exchange

I didn't expect Alleria to be this tunnel visioned. It may just be the Vereesa effect, though. She talked about confronting Sylvanas, so I'm eagerly waiting to see how that goes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would be interesting to see a full fledged invasion from the Alliance to Silvermoon (with the head of the invasion Alleria and Turalyon), with a big group of High Elves and Void Elves backing off the alliance army (maybe have the Sunwell corrupted in the end by Alleria once again, and that could make the transition of the rest of the HE to VE)

Note: Maybe even forcing the BE to look for refuge in Suramar.
    As someone who hates Silvermoon, I'd be happy as hell if the Alliance took it and we could.. Wait for it..

Having the Alliance take over Silvermoon seems like a great way to finally update the place. Even if the void elves do corrupt the sunwell, Velen could just take another piss in it and it will be all holy again.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Firen View Post
    Alleria still seems pretty cool. She wants her people to be on her side, don't know what's so crazy about that? Also, if it weren't for that fixed faction system it would've probably happened long ago.

In threads like these I wonder wether people realize that these characters are made up by humans somewhere in the US and don't actually make decisions themselves.

And another note: If Alleria was a Horde alligned character this thread would be full of supporters and how she's great, etc. etc. - like people are so quick to defend everything Sylvanas or other - obviously evil - Horde characters do. But when it comes to Alliance? OMGJAINAISSUCHACRAZYBITCH!
    You are absolutely right nothing is wrong with that. Unfortunately Alleria does not have great perspective atm. She was there at a time where her people were strong and more or less at the height of their empire, she missed arguably the most single important event for her people. The devastation that was caused and the tribulations that followed especially regarding Kael'Thas.

Her people were literally born a new, in this time that has passed new allegiances being created and old ones being destroyed and she cant really see how any of this came to pass. She is trying to just reinsert herself into the time before she left.

I actually would enjoy some sort of massive gamechanger in which a faction, such as Blood Elves, would have the option to defect and join the Alliance. With proper lore backing these events up.
    Granted, it would have to be optional, leaving the choice up to the player ultimately. This means the Alliance would also have to have the same, or similar, happen to one of their faction due to MMO balance. And that's the tricky part.

As it stands, i don't see anything like that ever happening though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Having the Alliance take over Silvermoon seems like a great way to finally update the place. Even if the void elves do corrupt the sunwell, Velen could just take another piss in it and it will be all holy again.
    LMAO. I'm saving this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    You are absolutely right nothing is wrong with that. Unfortunately Alleria does not have great perspective atm. She was there at a time where her people were strong and more or less at the height of their empire, she missed arguably the most single important event for her people. The devastation that was caused and the tribulations that followed especially regarding Kael'Thas.

Her people were literally born a new, in this time that has passed new allegiances being created and old ones being destroyed and she cant really see how any of this came to pass. She is trying to just reinsert herself into the time before she left.
    It doesn't even help that Alleria doesn't try to see their perspective. You would think 1000 years of war would've made her a bit more openminded... but nope the first words out of her mouth were "The Alliance...".

Though I guess I can't blame her because her Husband and one living sister is firmly Alliance. Just stay away from Silvermoon pls

Yeah. Why would an opinion of someone who has been absent from this world for many many years, doesnt understand the politics between the races/factions (half of which she never met before) and doesnt know what each faction has achieved during this time, have any value?

I understand she is high on the vanessa horde hate-train kool aid, but her opinion on anything going on in azeroth shouldnt be taken seriously. Not before she educates herself of recent happenings and puts aside stereotypes created in her mind from long years ago.