A Crackpot Case for Alliance Naga

This is going to be a little bit pepe silvia.

In the recent interview with production director John Hight two things caught my attention. The first was the sly gesture towards allied races usually being datamined far ahead of their announcement. The second was the statement that Blizzard tries to add races that balance out aesthetics between factions. Now, that first one is a nice piece of evidence for Vulpera becoming an allied race at some point, what with all the speculation going on that Blizzard is obviously aware of. The second inspired me to try roughly measuring where imbalances were in the two factions' race design. I more or less gave each race (minus pandaren) a rating from big to small, pretty to monstrous, and aggressive to peaceful. Most of it is subjective, but it ended up like this.

Horde:
    60% Large 20% Pretty 20% Peaceful
    30% Medium 10% Plain 30% Neutral
    10% Small 70% Monstrous 50% Warlike

Alliance:
    40% Large 50% Pretty 30% Peaceful
    30% Medium 40% Plain 50% Neutral
    30% Small 10% Monstrous 20% Warlike

So if the Horde is lacking a race that's small, plain and peaceful, doesn't it make sense they would get Vulpera? And if they do get Vulpera, shouldn't Alliance get a race that's medium-sized, monstrous and warlike?

Sure, the Naga are evil. But Ion Hazzikostas said that the alliance should be just as worried about turning evil as the Horde.

Sure, we're meant to be fighting Queen Azshara at the end of the first raid tier. But if we depose her, don't we still have an army of Naga in need of someone to follow?

And of course, Naga don't have feet. But in an expansion where N'zoth's powers of corruption look set to be the biggest threat, who's to say we're not going to find a way to reverse at least some of that corruption? Return to a slightly more humanoid form? A Worgen-style transformation thing is definitely on the table.

I'm aware this is all all sounding quite silly and like it would be coming out of nowhere. But so did Draenei. So did Worgen. So did the entirety of MoP and WoD. And don't get started on Void Elves.

All I'm saying is the opportunity is there, and if it's not Naga then who? Tortollans? Surely we can dream bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by stragedy View Post
    All I'm saying is the opportunity is there, and if it's not Naga then who?
    Sethrak

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Naga happening as they don't have legs. The Jinyu would be easier to develop from in that sense. Sethrak would be possible but I wouldn't get my hopes up until we see a female model.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerron View Post
    I don't see Naga happening as they don't have legs.
    Foreshadowing for new castes of Naga with legs has already happened in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Foreshadowing for new castes of Naga with legs has already happened in Legion.
    Do you have proof? First I've heard of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Do you have proof? First I've heard of this.
    Naga Brutes. I would post a picture, but I'm a new account.

The first time Nagas with legs have been introduced, and in the expansion before allied races. It clearly wouldn't be that model that's playable, but the precedent now exists that some Nagas have legs.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do Sethrak have a detailed female model right now? Doubt the Alliance wants such races. If I wanted to get savage, beast-ish, "ugly" races I'd be Horde. I'd only settle for a troll race because it's the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Naga Brutes. I would post a picture, but I'm a new account.

The first time Nagas with legs have been introduced, and in the expansion before allied races. It clearly wouldn't be that model that's playable, but the precedent now exists that some Nagas have legs.
    While I still prefer the legless Naga (naga means "snake" after all) but yes, brutes Are in fact naga with legs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stragedy View Post
    All I'm saying is the opportunity is there, and if it's not Naga then who?
    Alliance already getting "dark" races. First we get Void Elves. Then Dark Iron. After that there Kul Tiran who takes more direct and brutal way to handle their problems - also death druid magic and monster hunters.

In counter verse we only got one goody race so far - Lightforged.

I if gonna guess next Alliance allied race will be good or neutral - Sethrak or Saberon.

The Vulpera are not "plain and peaceful".

They're quite ferocious, cruel little buggers with a distinct aversion towards anything that's not practical.
    If a faction gets Vulpera, it'll be the Horde. 100% based on the fact that the Horde encounters, befriends and helps this race whereas the Alliance, doesn't.

I've been wanting Naga since vanilla. I really really really really really hope Blizz adds them at some point. I don't care if they are Alliance or Horde. I'll play whatever! And I really hope they don't get legs. That would be lame.

Of course, Ethereals would be awesome too. The whole void thing sets that race up for some serious potential

if you want naga than you lose a chance at the snake people.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I would love Naga, but Blizzard developers have for years cited the complications concerning making them playable due to the two legs rule. Jinyu is much more realistic at this point and I've made peace with not getting playable Naga, stop baiting me! lol