Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

French Mayors Panic As Migrants Overwhelm Cities, Beg Macron For Help

I think this more about refugees than migrants but I could be wrong. Aren't they planning on sending the refugees back after it's safe?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...ging-macron-he

Mayors from seven major French cities overwhelmed by the flow of migrants, have written a joint letter to Paris published in LeMonde on Saturday, begging the government to step in and help.

According to the letter, the cities of Lille, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Grenoble, Rennes, Toulousa and Nantes are taking in "several thousand" refugees per month, which the mayors say is causing a social emergency as they are "backed up against a wall" and "completely saturated" by a seemingly endless flood of asylum seekers.

The year 2017 ends with a massive rise in the demand for asylum and the arrival of newcomers puts extreme tension - particularly with the onset of the cold wave - of the classic public and institutional policies. In a proportion never before known, the mechanisms allocated to housing asylum seekers, led by the State, often with the support of our communities, are indeed completely saturated, despite the steady increase the number of places ... The evidence is there, before our eyes, in our streets, in homes and shelters: there is urgency.

Every month, several thousand people arrive in our cities. Integrating those recognized as refugees and helping those who have lost their right of asylum who still remain in our territory is a major issue. -Le Monde (translated)

The mayors point to a lack of shelters, and call on Paris to establish a "solidarity network" between the cities of France dedicated to addressing the flow of migrants, as well as an "enlarged meeting with the state at the highest level," which the mayors say must act quickly by assuming its sovereign powers to "finance these developed actions and propose a clarified framework of work with the communities for a real plan of reception of the migrants."

In other words - Paris needs to step up and dedicate more money and housing towards the migrant crisis.

Percentage of immigrants in total population

In response to the letter, the French Interior Ministry proposed a resettlement scheme which would result in the relocation of some 20,000 housing units, "broken down regionally" to ensure "distribution balanced" refugees and mobilization of donors. reports AFP.

in addition, the authorities asked the prefects to establish "mobile teams" responsible for the identification of migrants in emergency accommodation, much to the chagrin of the associations. (Midecins du Monde, Emmaus, ...) who denounce a logic of "census, labeling and triage". -AFP (translated)

As anyone who listened to the French Presidential debates gathered, France knows it's got a massive problem with migrants. In October, after a 29 year old undocumented Tunisian man stabbed two women to death in the Southern city of Marseille, French President Emmanuel Macron revealed a new policy whereby illegal immigrants who commit crimes in France will face deportation.

Even without new legislation we can take tougher measures and expel illegal immigrants if they commit a crime, whatever it may be, Macron said.

France has been heavily affected by the migrant crisis. After an October 2016 relocation of some 6,000 migrants from the Calais "Jungle" camp across Europe, new asylum seekers continue to pour into the country and set up makeshift camps. Many migrants are sleeping on the streets of Paris, begging for money and angering local residents and sparking sanitary concerns. Last week, a group of Parisian protesters threatened to go on a hunger strike if police didn't relocate approximately 100 Syrian and Afghan migrants from a northern Paris neighborhood.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Good Luck France. Hope everything works out for ya.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Migrant crisis: Ship them back, to where they came from.
    Refugee crisis: help them out, with food and shelter, until such a time, as there is peace in their country of origin, then ship them home, and help them to rebuild.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Does that chart say that France is now 8.7% migrants? The US is like 40% migrants. All of our migrants have jobs. I've always wondered why there's a difference.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

These islamophobes should be thankful for being multiculturalized.

Have fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    Refugee crisis: help them out, with food and shelter, until such a time, as there is peace in their country of origin, then ship them home, and help them to rebuild.
    So...just keep them. LUL!

Peace in the middle east. What planet are you from?

I thought diversity was frances strength...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Does that chart say that France is now 8.7% migrants? The US is like 40% migrants. All of our migrants have jobs. I've always wondered why there's a difference.
    The difference is in the quality of the migrants.

Deleted
    Well, you know, once it threatens you at every opportunity, terrorizes your citizens, harasses men, women and children alike and keeps demanding more, it really just is a refugee.

There's no options, right?

Germany/EU should be footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    That isn't how suicide pacts work....

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    So...just keep them. LUL!

Peace in the middle east. What planet are you from?
    Yeah, I know.

But at some point, someone down there, must be able to have an original thought, that isnt based on a fairytale, written 1500 years ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Nahh, the assholes, who put the people in power, who caused the refugee problem, should foot the bill. But I hear they just agreed on passing a new bill, that makes their debt go up by 1,5 trillion...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    People want to come to the US for opportunity and a better life and work hard at it. Generally its the best and brightest the ones with means and top of the crop. This refuge/migrant is just whoever want in gets in. On one hand you get hand selected people that you want in on the other just whoever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know.

But at some point, someone down there, must be able to have an original thought, that isnt based on a fairytale, written 1500 years ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Nahh, the assholes, who put the people in power, who caused the refugee problem, should foot the bill. But I hear they just agreed on passing a new bill, that makes their debt go up by 1,5 trillion...
    dude, the three biggest religions are all rooted there, and they all seem to hate each other. The place has been bathed in religious blood since the dawn of time. at this point, just glass the region and start over.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    dude, the three biggest religions are all rooted there, and they all seem to hate each other. The place has been bathed in religious blood since the dawn of time. at this point, just glass the region and start over.
    Yeah, but I am trying to be positive about these things, its christmas soon, and we have to be nice and stuff, as soon as the clock hits 00.01 and its the 1/1-18, im going full psycho!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I am trying to be positive about these things, its christmas soon, and we have to be nice and stuff, as soon as the clock hits 00.01 and its the 1/1-18, im going full psycho!
    In ww2, they still celebrated christmas. even had a soccer game with the nazis according to historical records. then back to war. that must have been super awkward.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I thought diversity was frances strength...
    That's Canada.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    In ww2, they still celebrated christmas. even had a soccer game with the nazis according to historical records. then back to war. that must have been super awkward.
    Ever read about the battle of the bulge christmas dinner between some americans and germans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the 80's not too long after the Vietnam that ended some of the the Tribes and places that helped us during the war required that the U.S take in lots of refugees and what not.

I also remembered the racism and the amount of bullshit people put up about it too, when some of the government programs used to relocate created a lot of the same kinds of issues we see in Europe.

And in my opinion just like with the school bussing and all the rest, my attitude is if you don't like it tough shit!

I don't care how much you pay in taxes or where you live, nobody is obligated to make sure that everything you once held dear or felt as a tradition remains the same forever, get the fuck over it.

New cultures are going to be a deal whether they be immigrants or not, change fucking happens.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis