Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

So let's talk about the Riddles of Ogmot!

Ogmot the Mad is a new rare elite who spawns in Silithus on the 7.3.5 PTR and he drops a book with his ravings in it. These are some of the more interesting entries!

Last night I dreamt of two great armadas clashing upon an ocean of blood.
    Shadows writhing beneath them, rising. Rising. I smiled in my sleep.
    Why did the skittering insects have to stir me? Damn those bugs!
    No matter. We will finish what they began.
    The Horde and the Alliance fight across the Ocean and N'zoth rises from below. It's kind of what we already knew/expected, so no big surprises, there, really..?

Today the smoke rose from my campfire and took form.
    A shepherd, cloaked in the shadows of her past, beloved by a flock of blind sheep.
    She guided them over a cliff. Even as they crashed upon the rocks, they never doubted her.
    The crows grew fat upon sheep flesh. Her laughter echoed all around.
    Sylvanas, perhaps? She is obsessed with the past, with who she was and what she could accomplish. With the idea of returning to life or at least extending her Undeath to avoid the void that awaits when she dies. And the Forsaken -could- be called blind sheep in that they follow her, essentially without question. But she barely laughs, and would hardly laugh about the death of -her- Forsaken.

Jaina, maybe? We will be seeing her background become ore relevant in Kul'tiras, with her past being the shroud upon her as she leads the Alliance to the dangers of N'zoth. She has taken up the staff and is trying to guide the Alliance down a new path... could it also hint at her being behind the burning of Teldrassil? But she'd hardly laugh about that.

Alleria could be a possibility? Though she's hardly a shepherd and has only the Void Elves as her blind flock, it could be referring to something that happens later rather than at the beginning of, or even during this expansion. Perhaps she'll lead her Void Elves for a while and gain their absolute trust before diving off the cliff into madness, laughing the whole way down?

The blade's eye watches all. Why do you not see?
    The first of the lies has been offered.
    Bound by a Throne? No... boundless.
    The next will come soon.
    The First Lie offered clearly refers to the Boy King who will offer us three lies. But we get a tiny bit more information: That he has a throne and that the Blade's Eye watches all. That puts Wrathion out of the running since he has no throne to be Bound to.

Which means it's almost certainly Anduin. And his first lie will be that he's Bound to the Throne of Stormwind, whether by duty or honor or what have you, as his reason for taking some action or another, and it will be a lie with his real motive, his real reason for taking that action, hidden. If he says he is bound by the throne to destroy Lordaeron after Teldrassil goes up in smoke we'll know he's lying and the Void Lords/Old Gods want Lordaeron for some reason. (Alternatively he might already have claimed to be bound to the Throne and I just missed it?).

As to the Blade's Eye... Shalamayne, perhaps? He has taken up his father's sword which Onyxia's magic fucked with pretty hardcore. Plus it's constituent blades were forged in the War of the Ancients which involved a big hole in the ground formed by the yanking of Y'shaarj out of the ground. Could it have been corrupted by the Old Gods through Deathwing's progeny?

The star peers down. I must hide from its glare.
    The dagger spoke true. It has been too long since I was drowned.
    Do not forsake me, Masters!
    Clearly a reference to the Knaifu, Xal'atath. I think it has to do with N'zoth's prison being weakened. We know we're going to fight him, but this might be the first time we fight an Old God outside of it's prison, or at least with -more- of it beyond the bonds that have held it down. So far we've fought an eyeball, or a mouth. Imagine fighting an island-sized Old God in a massive raid instance... that would be pretty swank!

As to the Star, it's probably the Red Star in the sky of Azeroth where Argus was... but it could be something truly horrible?

Roused by her screams. Stirred by her whispers.
    A blessing from the Masters. At last I understand!
    A door. A path. Ours. Ours.
    Fool! The circle has awakened us all.
    So here he kills the skinny girl cultist and wakens the masters, to some measure. A door. A path. Ours. The Circle has Awakened us All. The Circle of Stars, perhaps? The door opened by the Lord of Ravens turning the key? The Path lit by five torches? It's all so intriguing! Maybe Odyn is the Lord of Ravens who turned the Key by arranging for the death of Helya, who was turned against Odyn by Loken who we know was influenced by the Old Gods... right? And then the Pillars are the five torches that guide the way, but I'm not entirely sure -how- they do so...

But stirred by her whispers... Could it be that Xal'atath's whispers are part of this Mad Prophecy, not in the sense of merely telling of it but also of shaping it? Could her destruction by absorbing the power of Gorshalach be a part of the prophecy, itself? Or -will- she be destroyed, in truth, or merely empowered and unleashed? Broken free from the Dagger, Knaifu could be a horror we're not prepared for. Particularly if she winds up going to N'zoth with what she knows about us all...

What do you folks think?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

All I know is that all these riddles, all these cryptic lines all over the place, they're doing a fine job at hyping me up for N'Zoth and general Void related horror in the future. :P

Deleted
    A shepherd, cloaked in the shadows of her past, beloved by a flock of blind sheep.
    She guided them over a cliff. Even as they crashed upon the rocks, they never doubted her.
    The crows grew fat upon sheep flesh. Her laughter echoed all around.
    Azshara? The shadows of her past being her Night Elven form? The even followed her after she was defeated and doomed her people to an existance as snek people. She will play a role in BfA.
    Sylvanas is being doubted and has been betrayed (Putress) and with the Desolate Council has open dissenters.
    Jaina doesn't really have a cult following. It remains to be seen what the relationship between Alleria and her Void Elves will be.

The next will come soon.
    It talks about the boy-king, but who is he? I can't think of anyone else but Anduin. It COULD be Wrathion. His appearance has been hinted at, but he's been gone for a while now. Also the "Black Prince" isn't bound to a throne. But what would his lie be? The other boy-king apart from those two would be Moira's son, but he has been a non-factor so far. maybe I'm missing someone?

The rest is standard cultist talk. The Blade's Eye could also refer to Knaifu?

The Blade's Eye thing really just makes me think of the humongous blade in Silithus.

Maybe too obvious and simple, but it does have that circular guard with energy swirling from it. Plus Sargeras was thought to be imprisoned at the Seat of the Pantheon.

Now of course Sargeras is unlikely to return to the story for a while, if at all - but that's what it made me think of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The Blade's Eye thing really just makes me think of the humongous blade in Silithus.

Maybe too obvious and simple, but it does have that circular guard with energy swirling from it. Plus Sargeras was thought to be imprisoned at the Seat of the Pantheon.
    The question is: what could it see that is relevant? Its owner is gone, we don't know if the blade itself has any powers.

The next will come soon.
    But wait, what about the "No... boundless."? Perhaps it DOES mean Wrathion, or some other king lacking a throne.

As for the blade's eye, that is likely Gorribal, which has a large eye-like circle at the top. Knaifu does have a blade, but Gorribal is looming over all of Silithus, making it a better candidate for whatever is "Watching".

Another possibility for "Bound by a Throne... no, boundless." would be Sargy himself. It seems as though Titans aren't entirely physical, and Sargeras has whispered to people before. He may not be done just yet. He is bound at the throne of the Titans, after all.

Assuming the boundless line refers to Sargeras, he is hardly a Boy King, so the one offering lies would be someone else. Wrathion hasn't lied to us anywhere on Argus, however, so unless something happens in the pre-patch with him, I'm stumped with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    The question is: what could it see that is relevant? Its owner is gone, we don't know if the blade itself has any powers.
    Well, Sargeras is kind of boundless from what we know in the lore, and the blade is still suspiciously pulsing with power even as Sargeras is "imprisoned".

This is the guy who managed to make himself an avatar powerful enough to fight one of the most powerful and skilled magi on Azeroth, that could perceive and react. Maybe he did something similar with the blade?

After all, Gorribal was summoned out of nowhere. Who's to say it hasn't become a part of him, like an arm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenchac of Argus View Post
    But wait, what about the "No... boundless."? Perhaps it DOES mean Wrathion, or some other king lacking a throne.

As for the blade's eye, that is likely Gorribal, which has a large eye-like circle at the top. Knaifu does have a blade, but Gorribal is looming over all of Silithus, making it a better candidate for whatever is "Watching".

Another possibility for "Bound by a Throne... no, boundless." would be Sargy himself. It seems as though Titans aren't entirely physical, and Sargeras has whispered to people before. He may not be done just yet. He is bound at the throne of the Titans, after all.

Assuming the boundless line refers to Sargeras, he is hardly a Boy King, so the one offering lies would be someone else. Wrathion hasn't lied to us anywhere on Argus, however, so unless something happens in the pre-patch with him, I'm stumped with that.
    There's apparently a cinematic when you accept the quest to go to Silithus. could be that there is some kind of briefing where the boy-king is offering the first lie.

Well, Sargeras is kind of boundless from what we know in the lore, and the blade is still suspiciously pulsing with power even as Sargeras is "imprisoned".

This is the guy who managed to make himself an avatar powerful enough to fight one of the most powerful and skilled magi on Azeroth, that could perceive and react. Maybe he did something similar with the blade?

After all, Gorribal was summoned out of nowhere. Who's to say it hasn't become a part of him, like an arm.
    I mean, it could be. I just don't know, whether I'd like it. :P

5+ Year Old Account
    The Blade's Eye could be Xal'atath, yeah... I hadn't really considered that. Gorschlach/Gorribal, though, seems wrong. I still think it might be Shalamayne.

Sargeras being boundless, even though he's trapped on the Throne, would be a -nice- twist, though...
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I imagine he's talking about Gorribal, I hope my character is smart enough not to toss Xal'atath away the moment she looks dead/powerless because of what happens in Silithus and this guy just picks it up and starts a cult.

That thing should be kept in a safe place where her influence won't, y'know, potentially destroy the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Sargeras being boundless, even though he's trapped on the Throne, would be a -nice- twist, though...
    Obviously, I, Arenchac of Argus, am clearly a genius! Blizzard must hire me before I accidentally spoil all of Warcraft lore! /s

- - - Updated - - -

There's apparently a cinematic when you accept the quest to go to Silithus. could be that there is some kind of briefing where the boy-king is offering the first lie.
    That could be the first lie. However, it would have to be a rather big lie to tell for it to be the first of three lies that will serve to usher the Old Gods in to this world. What could Anduin/Wrathion/Whoever's lie be?

"The Horde/Alliance is evil and planning on using the Azerite as a weapon!", maybe? Ironically thus leading to them using Azerite as a weapon - though that's not technically a lie as much as a half-truth, is it, since it would be the plan to make that come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It works well if we consider Sargeras' power. His spirit has drifted through existence - what - several times now? And even the other Pantheon members were pretty much lucid spirits, detached from physical manifestation, drifting through the universe.

That kind of describes boundless to me. Especially when you can consider the Titans' ability to create avatars that can perceive and act.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it could be. I just don't know, whether I'd like it. :P
    To me, it sounds the most logical. Except there's one problem in that they're unlikely to just let Sargeras play a huge role again right when we finally think we're rid of him after decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It works well if we consider Sargeras' power. His spirit has drifted through existence - what - several times now? And even the other Pantheon members were pretty much lucid spirits, detached from physical manifestation, drifting through the universe.

That kind of describes boundless to me. Especially when you can consider the Titans' ability to create avatars that can perceive and act.
    Huh, what if he sent part of himself through the blade, into Azeroth?

...it sounds dirty...

But he could be a new source of corruption for the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Huh, what if he sent part of himself through the blade, into Azeroth?

...it sounds dirty...

But he could be a new source of corruption for the planet!
    It's possible to me, definitely. The way he just summoned the blade forth rather than having it be a detached physical creation that he had to pull from his back, the way it still pulses with dark energies long after its master left it.

Deleted
    Obviously, I, Arenchac of Argus, am clearly a genius! Blizzard must hire me before I accidentally spoil all of Warcraft lore! /s

- - - Updated - - -

That could be the first lie. However, it would have to be a rather big lie to tell for it to be the first of three lies that will serve to usher the Old Gods in to this world. What could Anduin/Wrathion/Whoever's lie be?

"The Horde/Alliance is evil and planning on using the Azerite as a weapon!", maybe? Ironically thus leading to them using Azerite as a weapon - though that's not technically a lie as much as a half-truth, is it, since it would be the plan to make that come true.
    Who says his three lies would usher in their coming. I thought that was "her" third death? (I don't remember all quotes exactly atm) It could just be that the three lies serve to incite a war that depletes the Horde and Alliance ranks even further, so that the Old Gods have a easier time at the hour of "her" third death.

Who says his three lies would usher in their coming. I thought that was "her" third death? (I don't remember all quotes exactly atm) It could just be that the three lies serve to incite a war that depletes the Horde and Alliance ranks even further, so that the Old Gods have a easier time at the hour of "her" third death.
    Ye, my wording was pretty poor - I mostly meant "serve" to usher them in as in aid in ushering them. My bad for trying to sound too cinematic and looking like I didn't understand what I was talking about in the process.

Deleted
    Ye, my wording was pretty poor - I mostly meant "serve" to usher them in as in aid in ushering them. My bad for trying to sound too cinematic and looking like I didn't understand what I was talking about in the process.
    Oh, sorry, my bad, then. I just thought you confused it with the third death, because you used the same wording. :P

I mean, lies/misunderstandings can have massive consequences, just take a look at the Broken Shore. It's gonna be interesting nontheless.

Oh, sorry, my bad, then. I just thought you confused it with the third death, because you used the same wording. :P

I mean, lies/misunderstandings can have massive consequences, just take a look at the Broken Shore. It's gonna be interesting nontheless.
    Yeah, I honestly am excited to see what the first lie will be. There are so many possibilities going on.

i think a big NO for wrathion as "boy-king" is that he got scrapped from legion pretty late in the beta, meaning they were unsure about what do do with him.

this whispers-thing is too well made to remove a main pivot point halfway into beta. Anduin had a more or less clear and cut-out path ever since he graduated from guarding an empty throne.

remember, despair is a favorite of the old gods, and the more one believes, the bigger the risk of falling to madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Bound by a Throne and yet Boundless...

Lich King anyone? Bolvar is stuck in an icecube on his throne and yet has the Ebon Blade to enforce his will, he doesn't need to do anything personally.