Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Call me crazy but if it wasn't released in vanilla wouldn't that make it NOT part of vanilla and therefore changing the vanilla experience?
    Basically this. I cant imagine blizz spending dev time to add new content, only to get yell at how they are "ruining vanilla". Seems like a waste of time since why would they bother adding new shit to classic when they could just relaunch tbc which already has an established fanbase and is a pretty much guaranteed sucess.

What would be cool is if they used WoW Classic as an alternate universe and branched off of WoW Classic in a totally different way so that the first xpac was not the Burning Crusade but something else. I'd like to see them keep the threats smaller as well instead of world-ending.

I was thinking something like this:

WoW Classic
    Expansion 1: Threat of the Defias. Enemy factions: Defias, Bloodsail Buccanneers, Blackwater Raiders, Venture Trading Company. End Boss: Vanessa Van Cleef
    Expansion 2: Nightmares. Enemy Threats: Druids of the Fang, Worgen from the Emerald Dream. End Boss: Lord Serpentis
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

No I prefer the old content no put more because it will destroy the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    No I prefer the old content no put more because it will destroy the feeling
    How if the content only rewards cosmetics and has limited availability?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    But the emerald dream was added in game in Legion (as a raid). Although we had a few quests back in wrath that took us into it.

Outland was also planned for vanilla. So I guess that version of outland would be "unreleased content", even though it was released basically as TBC
    The emerald dream was originally a zone and there are several unfinished quest lines. It would be a tiny amount of stuff that a small dev team could work on.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What would be cool is if they used WoW Classic as an alternate universe and branched off of WoW Classic in a totally different way so that the first xpac was not the Burning Crusade but something else. I'd like to see them keep the threats smaller as well instead of world-ending.

I was thinking something like this:

WoW Classic
    Expansion 1: Threat of the Defias. Enemy factions: Defias, Bloodsail Buccanneers, Blackwater Raiders, Venture Trading Company. End Boss: Vanessa Van Cleef
    Expansion 2: Nightmares. Enemy Threats: Druids of the Fang, Worgen from the Emerald Dream. End Boss: Lord Serpentis
    So you want Deadmines and Wailing Caverns then?

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    I would play the the living shit out of the both of these servers!

However, it would make much more sense to start with the classic server then a year or two later introduce the progressing server. Maybe with the option to transfer over your lvl 60 chr from classic over to progressing server.
    Agree with you, I would probably play them both.

Keep in mind I have no issue with them adding new content, but that needs to be done on separate servers if they do. There should always be a base server that is strictly what we had in Vanilla only.

Is it possible that Blizzard does something like this? Sure, I mean if it makes them enough money they would be foolish not too, even if that means running two separate MMO's.

Is it likely? I seriously doubt it. I figure the goal is too get it running and use as small of a team as possible and then anything added would be TBC or Wrath realms.

I really don't think they should do TBC or later. The reasoning for vanilla is that almost all of its raid/dungeon/leveling content has been removed and replaced with (debatably better) content with Cataclysm, but removed all the same. TBC and later do not have that excuse, except for Zul'aman that I know of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Here anything can happen: new content, balance changes, heck, making paladin/druid even viable on tanking...
    We already have that, it's called TBC.