Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

New Allied Races are Rep gated?

As the title mentions...

The new allied races are rep gated , with the previous expansions REP.... (Legion, when 7.3.5 comes out, its the pre-patch for BfA so it will be technically in the BfA era).

Wow blizz, I thought there was gona be some cool questline seeming we will be PAST the legion expansion when BfA comes out..

Yeh yeh I know the allied races are in the pre patch but still... why REP GATE them when every1 hated the rep gate anyway?????

Especially nightfallen!!!!! people who havn't unlocked flying yet, you let them get it without doing the questlines now, yet, you are pretty much forcing them to DO the rep quests, and forcing world quests upon world quests to get exalted.... especially highmountain taurens too... done loads of world quests, still not exalted -_-.

This is actually a joke to me, but what do you guys think?

I know my thing, I've pretty much stopped playing until BfA, I'm not coming on just to do rep , I don't pay £9.99 a month just to world quest that get's me useless rewards at my ilvl and then a little bit of rep like 150 max (nightfallen for other people) etc.

If they brought tabards back into the game where when you wear them you get rep for that faction in the expansion, I would love that, would mean heroics etc get a meaning again due to us speed running them in LFG to gain rep?

Thoughts all?

7+ Year Old Account
    Simply dont care. I literally have been playing maybe 4 hours a week in the last 4 months, and took a 5 month break before that, and before that i was playing pretty conservatively, im still exalted with all the primary legion factions. so i dont think this is an issue at all.

There is still a questline involved, don't worry

People forget that most things in this game are optional and have nothing to do with character progression, absolutely no one forces you to do the rep grinds, if you want to play the new races, that's the way to unlock them. Same as skins and unique appearances , you want to look fancy ,go do the tedious or challenging stuff to unlock them. ( The way you are phrasing it is like: " damn that new Mercedes looks nice, why the F do they charge half a million $ for it? I want it for 30k, not fair " )
    Last edited by Th3D0n; 2017-12-21 at 08:40 AM.

Crying over nothing,

do about 3-4 dailys a day send your guys on a mission from the table and get 2k rep if you 200%,

its not that hard to hit exalted these days
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    I know my thing, I've pretty much stopped playing until BfA, I'm not coming on just to do rep , I don't pay £9.99 a month just to world quest that get's me useless rewards at my ilvl and then a little bit of rep like 150 max (nightfallen for other people) etc.
    Then don't play until BfA or pre-patch.

No-one is forcing you to do the reps or to play the new sub-races.
    Choice is yours.

How much do you want to play them?

It's definitely quite annoying for people in the future to have to go back and do those questlines and farm rep in an old expansion but that's WoW for you, a lot of neat stuff are locked behind activities of old.

Maybe Dark Iron and Zandalari will be "easier" by simply being the completion of certain questlines you'll do as you level up but then again, those too may be locked behind some reputation grinding and/or campaign quests that are only available at 120.

Just WoW being WoW.

Its a non issue, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    As the title mentions...

The new allied races are rep gated , with the previous expansions REP.... (Legion, when 7.3.5 comes out, its the pre-patch for BfA so it will be technically in the BfA era).

Wow blizz, I thought there was gona be some cool questline seeming we will be PAST the legion expansion when BfA comes out..

Yeh yeh I know the allied races are in the pre patch but still... why REP GATE them when every1 hated the rep gate anyway?????

Especially nightfallen!!!!! people who havn't unlocked flying yet, you let them get it without doing the questlines now, yet, you are pretty much forcing them to DO the rep quests, and forcing world quests upon world quests to get exalted.... especially highmountain taurens too... done loads of world quests, still not exalted -_-.

This is actually a joke to me, but what do you guys think?

If they brought tabards back into the game where when you wear them you get rep for that faction in the expansion, I would love that, would mean heroics etc get a meaning again due to us speed running them in LFG to gain rep?

Thoughts all?
    They said when they first announced them that they would be most likely be gated behind rep. There's nothing surprising about it. There's a quest chain to bring them into the respective faction and that's good enough for me. If you want to play them, earn them. Stop whining about something that was told over a month ago.

It only takes a few days to hit exalted with minimal effort. For now, it's more than fine. Also, this isn't "replacing" the questlines. It's just a prerequisite. One that, late in BfA, I'd expect them to nerf or simply remove, like they're doing for Draenor and Pandaria flight requirements.

If you have issues with the rep requirement, just wait until it's inevitably nerfed 1-2 years later.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    People forget that most things in this game are optional and have nothing to do with character progression, absolutely no one forces you to do the rep grinds, if you want to play the new races, that's the way to unlock them. Same as skins and unique appearances , you want to look fancy ,go do the tedious or challenging stuff to unlock them. ( The way you are phrasing it is like: " damn that new Mercedes looks nice, why the F do they charge half a million $ for it? I want it for 30k, not fair " )
    Ain't you just full of shit?

Your logic of "skins and appearances" would apply if they were just skins and appearances, but they are pretty much new races with completely new racial, more or less OP for certain situations.

As of now, both of Alliance new races are locked behind two most obnoxious reps - start at 110, story quests don't get you as much rep, follower missions take a day to complete without the speedup bonuses - if you're new or just came back after quitting before Argus, you're left with shitty grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    if you're new or just came back after quitting before Argus, you're left with shitty grind.
    The nature of MMO's is to grind for what you want.

If you do literally nothing but emmisaries you will eventually hit exalted.

What is even this complaint

5+ Year Old Account
    I find it perfect the way it is. You have to know who are those new races, what they did, how they choose the sides they serve under. Imagine being a Nightborne but you haven't freed their city in game. So go play the story natural. Free their city, convince them to be part of your faction and afterwards enjoy them be it as allies or as part of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    I find it perfect the way it is. You have to know who are those new races, what they did, how they choose the sides they serve under. Imagine being a Nightborne but you haven't freed their city in game. So go play the story natural. Free their city, convince them to be part of your faction and afterwards enjoy them be it as allies or as part of them.
    That's the problem, you can finish the story quests without hitting exalted. The exalted part is just added bullshit.

I'm done with all the factions, but I can't quite imagine my friends coming back to wow and try out these new races that get so much press, only to find themselves stuck with months long grind (that isn't even like grind compared to past, when you could either camp an area and kill certain mobs repeatedly, or wear a tabard and do dungeons over and over - it's just dailies, limited per day, awarding ~80 rep.)

Dude, it was speculated they were behind rep gates after some blizz comments and datamining, weeks ago.

7.3.5 is not the prepatch for BfA. 8.0 is the prepatch for BfA. And everyone and their mothers has the rep on exalted for a year now anyway.

these rep gates make sense, and if you do the major quest lines in each zone you will be close to exalted, add in a few WQ's or even just do the emissary quests and you will hit quickly.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Lol seriously dude I took a break shortly after Legion launch (played like 2 whole months at launch) and I was already exalted with every faction back then. I came back shortly before Antorus launch and already exalted with Legionfall and halfway to exalted on Army of the Light and Argussian Reach (those two are a little bit more complicated to grind than the others to be honest).

So yeah, Allied race are rep gated, so what? If you play consistently those rep are pretty easy to get really.