Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yikes this movie was bad. Max Landis just sucks soooo much sometimes.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really thought this was going to be a show. Like I was adamant it was a show. Then i started watching it and I saw runtime was basically 2 hours, was like "wtf?" Anyway I enjoyed it, has an interesting premise, but it should be a show.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's shallow, simple and predictable. Knew the elves would be rich and all white, orcs would be representative of minorities, primarily black people and gang culture and humans were going to run the gamut of everything in between from the moment they mentioned Elves, orcs and humans in the description. There's no nuance or real emotion to any of the scenes, everything is basic and mundane attempting to make commentary about real life, but missing the mark entirely. It's a child's interpretation of real social issues, and it shows that there was no deep thought involved in how to convey any of the thoughts properly to have an impact.

Above all that though, A magic wand? Really? Couldn't put even 2 seconds of thought in to it towards something original?

It's like they were trying to aim for children with the ideas, concepts and original premise, then loaded it up with adult language, some crappy shootouts and bad gore effects to make it adult. None of it flows or fits together.

And of course, as predictable as predictable can be, Will Smith is the one in a billion human hero. What an utter shock. A SHOCK, I say.

I'd give it a 4/10. I wouldn't waste my time watching it again, but I might catch the sequel if I'm bored enough. Overall, I'm glad it was free for me.

I liked it, wasn't great, wasn't terrible. Best way I could describe it is an enjoyable waste of time. My biggest complaint was at times I felt like I was supposed to know the history of the world and all you get is a line here or there describing the past. Instead of making a sequel I'd like a tv series possibly of the past or anything that fleshes the world out more.

Honestly I liked it a ton more than some movies that get 90%+ positive ratings recently and I'd gladly watch it again.

Will Smith, so no.

Wasn't a bad movie, to me. It got a bit muddied when it got to half way, but overall was quite enjoyable.

Facepalm worthy humor that I love; The action parts were actually pretty great as well.

I wouldn't give it any awards, nor call it one of the best movies of the year - but definitely worth a watch.

I thought it was decent, it's worth the watch. Too bad it wasn't a tv series, could have been amazing. They give u little hits here and there of lore and the universe that expanded on could be great.

This movie was ... bad imo.

I am no critique, but to me it sucked.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I liked it, but it was a little disappointing. A modern, gritty realistic fantasy action movie? I wanted so much to see more of this world, and this was like a sped-up, quick ride through it. Let's be clear: Bright is not an amazing movie, but it's an enjoyable, decent movie, and it does NOT deserve the thrashing that critics have given it.

I know Netflix wants to be taken seriously as a powerful player in the movie industry, not just the TV industry, but this particular type of story would have been better told as a miniseries or an 8-episode TV show. The world Bright is set in just deserves to be more fleshed out. It left me wanting more - a lot more. I think that's both a good thing and a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I liked it. A lot, actually. It did feel...unfinished, though. Like there was more story to be told.

I'd watch more if there was more to watch.
    is going to have a sequel

http://collider.com/bright-2-netflix-will-smith/
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2017-12-24 at 04:10 PM.

Overall i liked the movie. Not for what it is but for what it could be if they actually take the time to expand the world and answer the basic questions. Who was the dark lord? A member of the 9 races or something else? Did he pull a warcraft and corrupt the leaders of the orcs and use there clan loyalty against them or was it something else? How did an orc unite the 9? Who are the nine races? Have the elves always been the 1% or did they take advantage of the war to come out on top? Since the elves are on top why are some of them trying to bring the dark lord back? Can dragons take humanoid form? Are they mental giants or beast of burden? For me personally, the fact that i care enough about the movie that i want to learn the answers to all these questions makes it a decent movie. Finally, why isnt this a tv series? I love me some Will Smith, but get a cheaper version, go with a slightly better CW series special effects budget and i will slurp this thing up like mom's spaghetti.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a terrible movie. Like many others, I thought the world was interesting enough to wish for a sequel or spin-off tv series to flesh it out more.

There was one major thing that bugged me though. The world was far to similar to our own. It felt more like it was just our world where all these fantasy races just showed up 10-20 years ago, not like one where they had been there all along and even all fought together in a huge war 2000 years previously. What I mean is why would things like racism among humans and the black and latino gang cultures evolve in a world where there are actual other races? I am not an expert, but it is my understanding that those things came from a disparity in the social structure and economic differences that existed as a result of unequal standing between races. That would not happen in a world where there are actual other races. I would imagine humans would band together against the elves, orcs, and so on and not oppress other humans just because their skin color is different. I just kept thinking about that and it took me out of the movie a bit. Other then that, I did enjoy it and look forward to seeing what they do with a sequel.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2017-12-25 at 02:30 AM.

Solid Film hope to see a sequel or a series from Netflix, man the critics are have gone full retard on this one. This is why I just watch what I find interesting.

what a shitty movie... hey at least will got main role totaly worth it haha

I've seen so many articles either praising or shitting on this movie and after watching it, I thought it was a solid movie. The humor was good, the action was good. The acting was good, especially whoever played the orc cop. I felt from the start he wanted to be a good cop and not just another stereotype orc. Is it gonna win awards? Probably not but that doesn't mean it was bad. I liked that everyone knew magic exists but it's a rare sight and finding a wand and treating it as an extremely rare artifact that can only brights can handle or else you die.

I'm looking forward to the sequel and can see this being a trilogy
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Solid Film hope to see a sequel or a series from Netflix, man the critics are have gone full retard on this one. This is why I just watch what I find interesting.
    i believe a sequel is already in the works!! im excited for it, this was a solid movie with a cool world. I think some people just love to hate on anything mainstream. you can bet your ass if this was some tiny release at a film festival, it would be going insane and people would be shitting over it.

like i said, its the same type of people you say transformers are the worst movies ever made. you can not like it, but saying shit like that, shows your head is so far up your ass you can no longer see straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats because transformers movies are awful unless you like jail bait, amercian flags and 360* cam
    only those with no real sense say shit like that.

Wasn't that bad. But the villains were trash.

Kind of a slog to get through. But I am working on this movie.

Deleted
    Have no idea why this wasn't a series rather than a two hour movie.
    Could have fleshed things out more and not been forced.

Max Landis is a hack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Fellowship of the Ring was also setting up a sequel, so was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone (sure they both had better stories that were better told, but then again they had source materials too) I don't really see an issue as long as we get more of it... if they stop here then yeah I'll be pissed

I'm not saying the movie was perfect, I'd give it a 7, maybe 7.5 because I really like the world they built even if they didn't show it much...
    Fellowship was also brilliant - don't drag a masterpiece into discussion of this trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    That's awesome. I hope they try to do a lot more world-building.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was ok. Liked the idea of fantasy races in a modern world.