Poll: Do you like the current heirloom system?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    5k would be fine if Bliz valued its customers.
    how silly are you that you want to devalue leving in a rpg? if you dont like leveling play something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    how silly are you that you want to devalue leving in a rpg? if you dont like leveling play something else?
    How silly are you to try and impose what you think of as being integral to a mmo upon everyone else who plays this game? Were this still wotlk or Cata or even MoP I wouldn't even say it isn't necessary. Given that we are now headed to a level 120 cap and Bliz saying leveling will take longer to get to 100 and as someone who's leveled around 20 different characters up to 70+ and another dozen past 100 I think I am more than fully within my right as a long time player to say that boosts to 100 should now be part of the game. I've experienced the leveling process more than enough up to 100.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-12-24 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    No thanx, leveling is PISS.. everything that can speed up that crap is good!
    More heirlooms and make it 200% exp / item instead!

If you like leveling and wanna level turtlespeed, feel free to NOT equip them and that's that.. why the f**k remove something for others that they prefer when you can solve your whole issue with just not using them yourself? And friend angry that you have heirlooms o.O.. what kind of argument is that? Tell them to stfu or simply dont use them if you wanna level synced! Christ!
    You have used too many reality checks on the OP.

I think they need to be reworked into a singular unequipable item. Low level pvp is just cancerous because of them. Friends of mine joined wow over summer and wanted to try pvp, 5 minutes into the battleground and they left. They haven't been back since.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    how about we remove every single one of you assholes that suggest this.
    dont like them. dont use them. dont try to ruin others fun.
    Then loomers should either get their own dungeon queue or item level lowered to that of the intended level during dungeon run. Loomers unbalance group content.

What they do during their solo time or when grouping in the world is theirs to choose as usual.
    Last edited by Dergiab; 2017-12-24 at 08:22 AM.

Blizzard just needs to add mythic+ leveling option. It makes everything brutal AF, no soloing anything, and no heirlooms.

Kind of a mix between Iron man challenge and Dark Souls.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I'm appalled that people actually want leveling to take longer in WoW. Basically everything moderately difficult to cutting edge content occurs at max level. All new patches basically are max level only activities. New expansions start from the previous max level etc. Nearly 100% of the development put towards this game is intended for current max level players. Nearly all of the time spent playing this game for anyone that isn't the utmost casual of casual players or some deranged altoholic working on their 50th max level character is spent at max level doing max level content. So, basically, why do so many people want to repeat the same quests ad infinitum instead of the current content? I have every single class except monk at 110 right now and my monk is 100. I have a second mage. I know all about leveling content and its nothing if not repetitive and very shallow. Reducing gear levels and extending XP to next level doesn't make it harder, it makes it more tedious. The difficulty step is not actually being some kind of mongoloid that doesn't understand you can't pull literally everything if you don't have much gear. The mobs themselves offer nothing in the way of mechanics or challenge.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-12-24 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I'm appalled that people actually want leveling to take longer in WoW. Basically everything moderately difficult to cutting edge content occurs at max level. All new patches basically are max level only activities. New expansions start from the previous max level etc. Nearly 100% of the development put towards this game is intended for current max level players. Nearly all of the time spent playing this game for anyone that isn't the utmost casual of casual players or some deranged altoholic working on their 50th max level character is spent at max level doing max level content. So, basically, why do so many people want to repeat the same quests ad infinitum instead of the current content? I have every single class except monk at 110 right now and my monk is 100. I have a second mage. I know all about leveling content and its nothing if not repetitive and very shallow
    Then you are not the intended subject of the upcoming changes. And you have almost everything max so it won't affect you. Everyone is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    tbh I'd like if we could get the experience boost as some kind of buff, but instead have the gear "removed"
    This!

I would be totally fine with this buff idea. The gear is pretty irrelevant to me. I only have it for the xp bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No, ideally I would not start at 110. That's a boost, and that's boring.

I enjoy playing through the leveling game. I just don't enjoy redoing it at its slowest. I've already done that - many times. My goal is to get a toon to max level, yes, quickly and efficiently while still enjoying the leveling process at the time. Heirlooms offer that.

And yes, I would rather play end-game. WoW is all about the end-game. It's not about leveling. It never has been. Even at the beginning the general goal was to reach max level, join up with people, and raid, which was about all you could do at 60 anyway.
    Yeah I think the best case would be that max level drops to level 60 and they get rid of heirlooms and make leveling as slow as in vanilla to overcome the max level drop.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they can't get quest rewards properly itemized, even in 7.3.5, similar items of the same itemlevel still vary massively in mostly secondary stat distribution, some items flat out missing secondary or only having half of others, no, don't remove heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Leveling hasn't realistically been integral in WoW in 8+ years. It's frankly silly to want add nonexistent value to levels 1-80 that hasn't even been there since at least Cata. Literally millions of players have leveled characters through that range in its current state.

WoW has been about endgame since TBC, nothing outside of max level actually matters. We can debate whether that was a good or bad model for an MMORPG to take, but it is an issue that has existed for over a decade virtually untouched. The fact that Blizz (a company that continues to update heirlooms and added in a paid boost) is doing ANYTHING to repair leveling is hilarious.

Deleted
    As someone who has tested the new leveling extensively on PTR, I can safely say there is no need too. It has the exact same stats at the quest gear you are getting, as both quest reward gear and hierlooms scale with level. The only reason you want to use hierlooms now is for the XP bonus, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    One thing that leveling really lacks for me currently is gear progression, alot of people are praising older versions of wow that questing and dungeons actually felt rewarding, it felt good to get a green or blue item after finishing a long quest chain, or winning the roll in deadmines.

With 7.3.5 which fixes one of the major problems of leveling I feel like it would be a good oppertunity to change up heirlooms to get that feeling back, like Ion said at blizzcon how raidtier set items locks in 4 gearslots of your character, heirlooms do that for 10 of your gearslots. While I dont think heirlooms are a bad thing, I think its a bad thing that 10 of your gearlocks are locked and there is not a single item that I have seen that is better than heirlooms at whatever level.

My suggestion is to transform Heirlooms into item enchants.
    This way looting gear while leveling will usefull again,
    You dont have to spend tons of gold for each different armour type,
    Your character doesnt look the same from lvl 1 to lvl 110,
    The enchants will atleast contain an EXP buff,
    Your friends wont get mad that you do have heirlooms and they dont, because you can enchant their items too just like how enchanting works right now,
    Other (new) players wont get obliberated when entering a battleground or dungeon.

It also fits more into the game fantasy IMO, right now pulling infinite overpowered items out of your butt at level 1 feels really dumb, but enchanting items with spells and wisdoms that you earned on your higher level character isnt so bad.

Id like to hear your opinions or different ideas

EDIT:
    Discussing DESIGN of heirlooms, not wether I LIKE them or not
    Looting gear while leveling is awful and a waste of time now because you're level X for a whole 24 minutes these days. It would be different if the gear you were wearing was impactful for a longer period of time, but because the content is consumed so much more quickly now than it was 10 years ago, it's really easy to end up in a spot where you're wearing gear that's 30 levels below what you're at. Heirlooms help fix this problem for the exact reason you said - they take up a lot of slots. Whereas now I might have 2 or 3 slots that are level 25 while I'm level 55, it would be much worse without Heirlooms. It would be 7 or 8 slots with the same problem instead of 2.

TL;DR - It's fine the way it is.

My idea:

Heirloom body suit, covers all slots, gives you 40% xp buff.

Win.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Looms are a good thing and you can suck it while you wait for your classic servers to not get released
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    One thing that leveling really lacks for me currently is gear progression
    All facets of this fucking game currently lack this. Titanforging is screwing up natural difficulty:reward ratios and randomized gear drops in PvP have completely fucked with the traditional path of PvP gearing, where you farmed honor and bought what you needed/wanted on a vendor.

I really wonder what kind of player is still praising Legion as a great expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if they really wanted to nerf Heirlooms, so that they don't take up 10 slots, and still make you want to consider upgrades in the world and what not. My solution would be to add a cap on how many Heirlooms you have equipped at one time. Set it to like 4-5 or something. You still have the other one, but if you pick up a ring good enough to not use your heirloom ring and instead use the pants, then you could do that without losing too much stat.

It's still going to be flawed but i feel no matter what you try to change, everyone loses.

Here's my altogether superior solution:

Add 3 toys in.

Toy #1: Grants +20% experience. 2 hour duration buff. Costs 10,000g to buy.
    Toy #2: Grants +35% experience. 2 hour duration buff. Costs 20,000g to buy.
    Toy #3: Grants +50% experience. 2 hour duration buff. Costs 50,000g to buy.

Remove Heirlooms. Min/maxers get a significant increase to leveling speed with a simple toggle. Non-heirloom gear becomes relevant again. Professions at low levels become relevant again.

That's it. That's all you have to do to fix the situation. But this will never happen because the WoW devs all obviously have IQ levels above 300 and us dirty plebs could never understand their erudite minds.

I have 16 characters that are level 85 or higher. I don't think slowing down that levelling experience is going to make it any more enjoyable for me....

However the changes to level scaling which will actually allow me to play through the story lines to completion in the zones I choose to quest through WILL make my levelling experience more enjoyable. Out levelling zones / xpacs means I haven't played through zones like Netherstorm / Icecrown from start to finish since BC/ WOTLK.. I will actually be able to play through any zone I choose from start to finish without feeling the need to move on due to quests turning grey or quest rewards being too far behind my level.