Page 1 of 34
... LastLast
    Deleted

If your business can't function without underpaying employees it shouldnt exist

I mean it sounds like a "duh" but there actually are some people that believe its ok to pay young recruits with "experience" cause they're too lazy to come up with a solid plan or just plain greedy.

Don't give me the free market nutter bs, if you work 35h/week or whatever duration is your legal standard you should be paid a decent living wage regardless of the nature of the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you're just shit posting for the sake of it? You made a claim and dismiss any arguments in the same sentence. Bulb's a bit dim, eh?

Also, not every job justifies what some people would call a "living wage". Employers determine that value of their laborers, not the laborers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kurata

This is one of the first times I will 100% agree with you, perfectly summed it up.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    I mean it sounds like a "duh" but there actually are some people that believe its ok to pay young recruits with "experience" cause they're too lazy to come up with a solid plan or just plain greedy.

Don't give me the free market nutter bs, if you work 35h/week or whatever duration is your legal standard you should be paid a decent living wage regardless of the nature of the job.
    I work 40 hours a week and make more than enough to live comfortably, care to provide examples or are you just trying to implement your next ban in short order?

Best way to raise wages is for people to stop having children. This raises the demand for workers because there is less people to fill the positions. The employers have to pay more and offer better benefits. In the time of the black plague, the plague killed 30%? of the population. The pay for common workers skyrocketed because there were fewer of them.

They want us to breed ourselves into slavery.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...pulation-panic

The term "underpaid" is subjective and I give zero shits what a communist's subjective opinion on the matter is. Why should anyone treat you as an honest interlocutor when it comes to market-based systems in capitalist nations?

Deleted

What if those recuits arent skilled enough to actually make the company money yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Employers determine that value of their laborers, not the laborers.
    Which is why negotiations are skewed in favor of employers (that have an incentive to pay as little as they can).

Maybe a better way to ask the question of the OP is "why should taxpayers have to subsidize low-wage workers?"
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Well, it looks like someone is out to kill capitalists for Christmas.

I'm just waiting for the OP to call for violence and murder to all those who don't submit.

I would love it if a waitress got paid $40k a year, but it isnt happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Which is why negotiations are skewed in favor of employers (that have an incentive to pay as little as they can).

Maybe a better way to ask the question of the OP is "why should taxpayers have to subsidize low-wage workers?"
    This is it right here. Everyone bitches about taxes, and bitches about minimum wage going up, yet they dont seem to grasp that theyre paying for these people to live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I would love it if a waitress got paid $40k a year, but it isnt happening.
    I easily made that serving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, it looks like someone is out to kill capitalists for Christmas.

I'm just waiting for the OP to call for violence and murder to all those who don't submit.
    stop projecting

Yeah I agree. There are few reasons to pay so little beyond pure greed.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

What is (how much is) a decent living wage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    What is a decent living wage?
    Every where is different. It mostly comes down to rental costs. A decent living wage in Toronto is different than Niagara Falls for instance bc of the cost of living differences.

What is (how much is) a decent living wage?
    It varies based on location. Urban centers tend to be higher than rural areas, primarily due to rent.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    What is a decent living wage?
    enough to afford healthy food, housing for 1, bills, and some movie theater tickets / leisure time

as you get older your wage goes up too to allow you to support a family

10+ Year Old Account
    If your business isn't paying a decent wage well have I got a molotov cocktail for you

enough to afford healthy food, housing for 1, bills, and some movie theater tickets / leisure time
    Throw me a number here

stop projecting
    How do you intend to enforce such measures? What if people don't want to follow along?

Yup, you are proving my point for me.