Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The thing is, if this stuff gets finished in say, 3-4 months, the new infrastructure will probably be a lot better than what was there previously. Though, odds are slim next year will be a similar season anyway.
    We are 1/3 or the way and the best estimate says at least another 8 months just to restore power who knows about the rest of the infrastructure. I say you are being extremely optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You're comparing a state to a city.

A better point of reference would be San Juan, for example. Which is 68% "white".

But um, 1.2% non-Hispanic white.
    It's so fun how you use these distinctions depending on which agenda you're playing at.

Want to push the racist, white vs black agenda? Well then Zimmerman was a white-hispanic who killed a black kid.

But now, suddenly, they are different again, because we're pushing the Trump is racist and hates non-white agenda.

bravo... bravo...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Most residents do not have to pay the personal federal income tax. That's the biggest piece of my taxes. Get your facts strait before you attempt to look smart.

And Yes, why wouldn't people freak out over democratic voters? People who earn a decent living don't want people voting in people who will take all their money to pay welfare.

Their personal federal income tax goes straight to PR govt instead to the feds and back to PR. Its because they have no representation and the legal ramifications of this it was easier to fund their govt this way. So they do pay personal income tax.

as for the rest of their taxes

workers there pay the majority of federal taxes that Americans on the mainland pay — payroll taxes, social security taxes, business taxes, gift taxes, estate taxes and so on.

The recent economic crisis on the island has put a huge dent in the federal tax revenue collected from Puerto Rico, but it still added up to $3.6 billion in fiscal year 2016. That’s not much less than some states where residents do pay income tax: Vermont and Wyoming paid $4.5 billion in federal taxes that year.

and even after those states pay income tax in addition.

But that is irrelevant. The federal government doesn't operate business transactions with each state, giving the best services to the states that pay the most taxes. That's not how the government works. It happens to be almost the opposite as the most poor states in this country get the MOST funding from the federal govt (which are mostly red states).

Vt also got way more funding for what they paid for.

Vermont $1,9B Percent of general revenue 33.6% Per capital Fed Govt Aid $3,091

Puerto Rico received about $1,848 per capita

Puerto Rico and the territories rank far behind the 50 states in terms of total federal dollars spent per capita at $5,668 in 2010-23 percent less than the lowest state, Nevada, and less than one third the highest state in overall federal spending, Alaska. (2010 is the latest year for which data are available due to funding cuts at the Census Bureau; data for the District of Columbia were not available).

If you are so worried about welfare and spending relative to taxes paid, then you should start at the bottom.

The 5 most dependent states:
    New Mexico. In the land of enchantment, residents get $2.19 for every dollar they pay in federal income tax, the fifth highest rate in the country. ...

In Mississippi, citizens receive $2.34 in return for every dollar paid in federal income tax, which ranks fourth highest in America. A whopping 43.68% of Mississippi's state revenue is comprised of federal funding, the highest such rate in the country

Kentucky, residents see $2.18 in return for every dollar paid in federal income tax, the sixth highest rate in the country. 35.26% of Kentucky's state revenue is contributed by federal funds, ranking 14th highest in the nation

In Alabama, residents see $2.46 in return for every dollar paid in federal income tax, which ranks third highest in the US. 36.64% of Alabama's state revenue is comprised of federal funds, which is 11th highest in the country.

In Montana, residents see $1.24 in return for every dollar they pay in federal income tax, the 18th highest rate in the country. 37.49% of Montana's state revenue is comprised of federal funds, which ranks tenth highest in the country.

And at the top of the list those pesky "democrat" states.....

New Jersey receive only $0.48 back for every dollar they pay in income tax, the fourth lowest rate in the country. Of New Jersey's revenue, 26.87% comes from federal funding, the 10th lowest in the country.

Delaware receive only $0.31 back for every dollar they pay in federal income tax, which is the lowest rate in the United States. Only 25.61% of Delaware's state revenue comes from federal funding, which is the seventh lowest mark in the US.

Citizens of Illinois receive $0.45 back for every dollar they pay in federal income tax, which is the third lowest mark in America. Only 26.41% of state revenue is comprised of federal funds, which is the eighth lowest mark in the country.

Minnesota receive $0.54 in return for every dollar they pay in federal incomes tax, which ranks seventh lowest in the country. 26.88% of Minnesota state revenue comes from federal funding, which is 11th lowest in America.

In Kansas, residents see $0.54 back for every dollar they pay in federal incomes tax, the sixth lowest ranking in the country. 25.22% of the state's revenue comes from federal funding, which is sixth lowest in the country

Maryland where you live......31.1%......you guys should pay more taxes instead of getting all those handouts from other states.....

I could go into where welfare is paid out the most, but you already know....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    . Get your facts strait before you attempt to look smart.

i will dip my facts in some water before i post them next time...you know to look smart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    That has... what to do with anything I said, exactly?

As a refresher course, since I'm sure you'll feign ignorance, the dolt I was replying to said: "Houston: 49% white people; Puerto Rico: 75.8% white people," to which I responded "Yep, when in the first case you don't include Hispanics as 'white' and in the second case you do."

It doesn't matter one fucking bit if you want to call the categorizations being used as "race" or anything else (not that 'race' was uttered once in either response, but that's neither here nor there). So you're random, pointless response makes absolutely no sense in any way, shape, or form.

My actual response was pointing out that that guy was trying to claim that Puerto Rico had more non-Hispanics percentage-wise than Houston did, all by trying to claim tha Latinos are "white" in one and "non-white" in the other so that his numbers make sense. Hint: The actual percentage of Hispanics in Houston is 39.24% as of 2017. The actual percentage of Hispanics in Puerto Rico is 98.89% as of 2017.
    If you actually didn’t have something jammed severely far up your ass, you would see I was agreeing with your statement on the inconsistencies of racial makeup that other poster was trying to use for their argument. I only quoted you to also add that comparing race and ethnicity, as they did with Hispanics, is misleading because it’s two separate concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    It's so fun how you use these distinctions depending on which agenda you're playing at.

Want to push the racist, white vs black agenda? Well then Zimmerman was a white-hispanic who killed a black kid.

But now, suddenly, they are different again, because we're pushing the Trump is racist and hates non-white agenda.

bravo... bravo...
    Are you confusing me with someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.