Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I tank. Not to the public, but I tank. I barely do dungeons (hc, mythic or mythic+ either one) as it is, lack of time and desire to deal with randoms. But for the guild I tank both raids and dungeons if/when wanted, on several chars. Got less time than ever (ironically in one of the more timeconsuming expansions) so don't get to do it a whole lot anymore though.

As far as why not to the public (which was the real question OP meant to ask, I guess), I already alluded to it; while most people are fine and dandy, even the reasonable sort want to decide how we roll and I'm too lazy to deal with it; so I don't. Less tanks for the queue but ah well.

While I used to DPS, I prefer to heal these days. I just don't like being in a leadership position and tanks are basically the leader by default. I also am not comfortable in melee regardless of role. At range I can see everything going on around me and react accordingly, whereas as a tank your face is his crotch while melee dps have their faces buried in the boss's ass.

I que on my tanks for the daily heroic but I usually just end up following the 2 DPS who can "herp derp solo this place". If they want to do all the work then I'll just go for the ride. It's usually a nice conversation with the healer since we are just there for the DPS's que.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I have been to buys Motorboating

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    One thing that shocks me is hearing people say they only have 1 artifact weapon for a class.

Like. What kind of warrior ONLY gets arms or fury for example? It's just unbelievably lazy and selfish.
    Cant blame warriors for not wanting to play Prot. It was shit all expansion after they nerfed ignore pain.

Druid/DK/Monk made them look like absolute crap

Balance is more fun!!!!!

I like certain tank specs but i don`t like the other specs the class offers, such as enjoying prot paladin or prot warrior,
    but finding fury/retribution boring and so on.
    Can`t settle on a class with the sole purpose of playing a single spec, hard to get invested knowing blizzard
    might change it completely sometime down the road.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because whenever I tank the group yells at me for going too slow, yells at me for going too fast, yells at me when the healer sucks, yells at me when I don't pull threat off the stupid Duntard that decided to pull a head of... A lot of yelling for stuff I haven't done basically.

Screw people, I won't be tanking for you. Ever.

You cry about needing tanks for groups and then you crap all over the people who are willing to tank in a tank shortage. Stop treating tanks like crap and maybe more people will start tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Who the fuck are you to care how other people play?

And why should we have to read your mind? Type out what you mean.
    I don't like your attitude, miss.

I allways switch between TANK and DPS role, it makes the game much more fun and it is a good way to get better with both roles.

Tanking is about gauging your group capabilities for DPS/HPS and pull accordingly. If you don't like that, your in a bad spot, because DPS or HEAL cooldown timing is just as much limited by your group capabilities.

It is not hard to do well in any role, if you addapt to your group setting and don't be an asshole.
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    For me it's different reasons in different scenarios:
    Raids - I hate tanking raids with an off-tank who's switched off half the time or doesn't know that tanking is more than just keeping aggro and staying alive. Most guilds I've been in have a tank of this type, so i just end up main speccin DPS instead. Give me an off-tank who's a joy to tank with and i'm all in.

Dungeons - Apart from tanking my own 18-20's m+ keys, i rarely tank other groups because DPS and healers these days have it en-grained in them that pulling mobs for the tank is ok. P.S - It is not.
    This dirty and annoying habit of dps/healers pulling mobs for the tank and causing wipes can only be forgiven so many times. If a tank is setting the pace for a dungeon, it's because's he's gauged the group's capabilities. If you have, say, 1 god tier dps and 2 meh tier ones in a m+ group of respectable key levels, then odds are, dps or heals pulling shit for tanks will often lead to wipes because the group just can't cope with the extra pressure. It's no pressure for me as I play blood so i can just go 'LoL Blud' and keep myself alive at all times, but for the group, not so much.
    At the same time, if i notice the group has decent performance capabilities, I'll go ahead and chain pull like a madman myself because i know my group can handle it. But when a dps or heal takes that decision for me, it's a no-no for me. So, i stopped tanking pug keys on my main just because i do not want to deal with those bozos. However my druid alt is dedicated to tanking 15's-16's and on that i dont give a shit when the group fucks itself over.

It's unfortunate that the go-go mentality has progressed this far into the game so quickly. But hey, If i see changes in those aspects i mentioned above, I might main tank on my dk once again. Who knows.

Deleted
    I tanked during Wotlk as a Paladin and I liked it. I knew all the boss tactics and was pretty good at it.

Nowadays I'm just not that active anymore in WoW, I don't know and don't care that much about tactics. Therefor I don't play tank anymore because I think a tank should lead the group and know tactics. I sometimes miss it though, playing tank and having the lead was more exciting than dps or healer.

Maybe I will roll a tank again in BfA.

Tanking is my favourite role and I play it on all classes that have that option but for some reason it's the least popular role (wich I'm fine with btw).
    I'm just curious as to why some of you rarely or never play tank. Especially since it's so much easier to get groups as a tank.

So, what's your reason?
    The major issue is that I don't like Melee DPS. I want to play as ranged DPS when not tanking. So I only have 1 choice of class.

The game needs more ranged/tank specs.

Id love to tank. They need to make a class with a tank/rdps though other than druid. Its a little overplayed. I don't really like the class either.

New Mechanic Class anyone?! (Gnome , Goblin exclusive :P and our third Mail class!!)

Long story short; I haven't found a viable one to main.
    That role takes a little dedication to gearing because of the importance in the group.
    Last edited by Dajeki; 2018-01-07 at 03:06 PM.

it's too stressful.

PRESSURE!

7+ Year Old Account
    I ranked for a while but it gets boring sometimes ya just wanna blow things up
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Tanking is my favourite role and I play it on all classes that have that option but for some reason it's the least popular role (wich I'm fine with btw).
    I'm just curious as to why some of you rarely or never play tank. Especially since it's so much easier to get groups as a tank.

So, what's your reason?
    I tank (raids, m+, etc). The main reasons people don't tank is:

1) You have to know the fights (dps and heals can wing it)

2) People don't want the responsibility

3) You need a thick skin. If a dps makes a mistake- people won't likely notice. If the tank makes a mistake- it is usual really noticable and will often result in a wipe.

4) You need to communicate well on discord- most people like to just sit back and not talk.

Also, even if you are off tank- tanking is a "leadership" role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
    Honestly, i love tanking but my anxiety really hinders me, even dpsing a M+ gets pretty dicey. I hate inconveniencing people, drives me insane. I know i could probably tank pretty well.
    I thought I was alone... I feel this exact same way about tanking and dpsing M+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

So, what's your reason?
    To be very honest, I love to play my tank spec, however it gets too hasty if u go for higher content.
    I love to play lower mythic+ tho. Only as guardian druid, cos there are less buttons to press...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like your attitude, miss.
    Ah look, it's a lame, passive aggressive attempt to troll. Bye bye little bridge dweller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I love tanking but when your not moving fast enough or pulling enough for some of the dps or even healers and they start pulling i leave them to die only to be left with scornful remarks I aint interested in other peoples shit so I play as a respectable DPS.
    This, btw, is why I don't tank. I don't need frustrated virgins whining at me to 'gogogo' as if they have something better to do than spend another 3 minutes in an instance