10+ Year Old Account

Allied Races just the BfA gimmick, or will they continue down this route in the futur

As the title states, do you think Allied races are just the hype pull of BfA, or do you think they will continue down this path for patches and expansions to come after the launch of BfA?

Personally, I think Allied races are cool, but they seem to just be variations of already existing races we already have.

Will Blizzard ever add completely new races as playable in the future? Like Etheral, Ogres, Tinkers, Furbolgs, Goat Men, Demons?

I think its a way for them to introduce new races into the game without having to develop starting areas that players only use for 10 levels then move on. This frees up development time on max level zones.

So yes they will continue it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    I think its a way for them to introduce new races into the game without having to develop starting areas that players only use for 10 levels then move on. This frees up development time on max level zones.

So yes they will continue it.
    This. I do think they'll stick to races where transmog is still an option, so I don't think we'll see Ethereal (unless it's a new variety of them), but Vrykul is definitely a possibility.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

This is the new normal. It gives Blizz a chance to add more races without having to create a 1-10 zone (which is a time sink for the dev team). It also gives players something else to work towards (a 110+ character with an Exalted rep).

I do not think Blizz will be limited to variants of current races going forward, as they can plan throughly for new races they want to make playable from the word go (i.e. do all the legwork early, so there they can avoid a last minute sprint to get it done).