Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You have less buttons as Fury, you just press them more often.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post

That's my point the previous set bonuses alleviated the rage issues Arms could have. Battle Cry/Bladestorm allowed you to pool your rage up and fish for procs. The more CS's you get the less rage your dumping. I think Blizz forgot that totally.
    i think thats why overpower and mortal combo feels better, you use so much overpower and mortal strike that allows more cs procs, then more rage.

Sure my dps will be garbage buy what can i do? just feels better and i don't wan reroll, im a normal raid hero anyway, barely doing heroic, so i think is not a big deal...

Deleted
    At the end of the day it's a game and choices are there to be made.
    If you're not holding back your group with your desire to play the class as you see fit, then by all means play what you enjoy.

That's entirely what it comes down to. Most of us will not need to min-max to the extent of Limit/Method/Exorsus whatever you follow. Play what's fun, it's a game. I do 100k less dps running Rend/TM over Trauma/FoB, but i still do upper-middle pack dps most fights, if I'm not top. It's your decision either way, might as well make one you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zertloc View Post
    That's entirely what it comes down to. Most of us will not need to min-max to the extent of Limit/Method/Exorsus whatever you follow. Play what's fun, it's a game. I do 100k less dps running Rend/TM over Trauma/FoB, but i still do upper-middle pack dps most fights, if I'm not top. It's your decision either way, might as well make one you like.
    My thing is that even that build the spec feels meh again. There is no high point aside from your RNG going crazy. Previously you would get excited for everytime Battle Cry was up. Then it was Bladestorm....now nothing, and you have less tools to game your RNG. I'd consider going Fury if I felt like starting a weapon from 35 -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I'd consider going Fury if I felt like starting a weapon from 35 -_-
    Because it's so hard to clear all the AP dailies on you map and take your fury weapon from 35 to 65 in a few hours...lazy.

The damage output is good, but it is a bad spec to play. You hit spells where tactician doesn't proc and it feels just terrible.

There needs to be more weight given to consecutive rage spent without a Tactician proc. 3-4 WWs or so, I can live with. It makes some semblance of sense, fillers are needed or we're just spamming CS>MS>CS>MS>CS>MS>CS>Ayla Proc>CS>MS>Repeat.

However, spamming WW and non CS buffed MS' to fish 10x in a row, only to have Tactician proc just before CS is already about to come off CD, feels absolutely abysmal.

I feel like they almost have the core of Arms nailed. Arms is the Tactical fighter. So basically creating and reacting to opportunity. Colossus Smash fills this role really well but in times of Tactician droughts you spend too much "waiting for opportunity" instead of creating Opportunity.

This is where Overpower really shined in Wrath/cata/MoP in two completely different fashions. The Taste for Blood build was great because you always were proccing opportunities and anytime an enemy dodged/parried/blocked you unleashed a combo.

With the MoP build you stored charges of Overpower and could either unleash them all together or weave them inbetween your other attacks.

Reinplement and update Overpower into Arms core kit to fall in line with Tactician and create interesting synergies between the two abilities. Arms feels and plays like its supposed too.

Tactician is a great addition to Arms. It just needs something to supplement it to mitigate proc droughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Because it's so hard to clear all the AP dailies on you map and take your fury weapon from 35 to 65 in a few hours...lazy.
    It wouldn't take more than 10 minutes to get the AP for that, assuming 55AK.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

OP/Rend/TM/Ravager along with Helm/Ayalas sims best for me with my gear over any Trauma/FoB build... so iunno, maybe there's actually choice now on how u wanna play...
    and it certainly shows when i play it out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by wutdoebang View Post
    OP/Rend/TM/Ravager along with Helm/Ayalas sims best for me with my gear over any Trauma/FoB build... so iunno, maybe there's actually choice now on how u wanna play...
    and it certainly shows when i play it out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    FoB/WW is such a garbage spec to play. You can have fantastic procs and it feels great or boss attempts where you get very little tactician procs and your DPS is terrible. I know it's subjective, but I find this absolutely zero fun to play. I enjoyed FR spec early on because at least you could control what's going on. This spec is just mashing buttons now. =\

Quick glance at WCL will show that at least currently in the 965~ish ilvl bracket, leggo helm with ravager is only slightly behind fervor/trauma with gloves, at least in performance (which is more valuable than sims, anyways).

But it should be mentioned that for progression, Opp strikes execute phase is just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    FoB/WW is such a garbage spec to play. You can have fantastic procs and it feels great or boss attempts where you get very little tactician procs and your DPS is terrible. I know it's subjective, but I find this absolutely zero fun to play. I enjoyed FR spec early on because at least you could control what's going on. This spec is just mashing buttons now. =\
    I thoroughly really enjoyed FR build, and was quite disappointed when it was sacked, it truely showed that great management was well rewarded... I didn't even have ayalas at that time, and it was fun.. i'd be pressing FR and Slam at the same time, or FR and Execute at the same time when i was rolling in rage... having tactician proc back then wasnt the biggest deal either...

They should just make OP baseline and off global... lol
    Last edited by wutdoebang; 2018-01-03 at 11:42 PM.

Idk why everyone talks shit about arms tbh i mean, i was fury until 7.2.5 because i literaly HATE FR build but i love how arms is RN, WW trauma+FoB build feels amazing for me, maybe i'm the only one who enjoy it idk.

It's top spec? ofc not but you can do it great dps if you do it well+you have the right gear/relic traits.

p.s: i'm simming this:

which it's pretty good IMO.

arms is a weird spec at the moment
    i really enjoy it in pvp though

FR arms was the highpoint of arms iterations this EXP. Ravager/Helm/T20 arms with rend/TM was fine and fervor/trauma is just not worth playing. IMO FR only got hate early on cuz it was very legendary reliant and since fury was really shit on release a ton of fury players felt forced to play arms and complain that arms was not like fury. EN FR with the TM we have now, and the new precise strikes, would have been a great baseline spec going into Legion.
    Last edited by Atherions; 2018-01-04 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    FR arms was the highpoint of arms iterations this EXP. Ravager/Helm/T20 arms with rend/TM was fine and fervor/trauma is just not worth playing. IMO FR only got hate early on cuz it was very legendary reliant and since fury was really shit on release a ton of fury players felt forced to play arms and complain that arms was not like fury. EN FR with the TM we have now, and the new precise strikes, would have been a great baseline spec going into Legion.
    Fervor/WW build isn't too bad, it has it's benefits etc, but I like the Rend build like on T20 better. I've found that there is minimal difference in patchwork fights Hounds, Verimathras doing either. Some fights like antorus go best with Fervor/Trauma. Overall arms isn't in a bad spot as unless you are high end Mythic raiding for max/min you can play either and not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    Fervor/WW build isn't too bad, it has it's benefits etc, but I like the Rend build like on T20 better. I've found that there is minimal difference in patchwork fights Hounds, Verimathras doing either. Some fights like antorus go best with Fervor/Trauma. Overall arms isn't in a bad spot as unless you are high end Mythic raiding for max/min you can play either and not matter.
    Rend Build or Fevor/WW Build....are both lame imo now since all of the "umph" has been taken out of Arms. Normally when you play a DPS class your supposed to feel great the minute your allowed to press your CDs. As of now I'm more excited to pop DPS CDs as a Tank. Since the set bonus gives you CDless Shield Slams thus massive rage.

Who remembers the days of the 30 minute CD Recklessness? My point is all we have is Battle Cry now which is lame, since there is no interaction with it. The FR/DC build meant we'd stack FRs like crazy and have lots of rage to play with. Bladestorm in ToS was similar. Now nothing.

Arm's has felt bad for years now..
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.