Thread: "Retail" label

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Retail works to describe the game. Retailers for those who play it doesn't. Wow Retailers already exist....they sell it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Just a matter of time before someone got offended being called a retailer.
    Not offended just it's clearly a terrible way to describe people who will play BfA. Since a wow retailer is someone who sells the game in the first place. It's like naming two separate car parts the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Retail works to describe the game. Retailers for those who play it doesn't. Wow Retailers already exist....they sell it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not offended just it's clearly a terrible way to describe people who will play BfA. Since a wow retailer is someone who sells the game in the first place. It's like naming two separate car parts the same name.
    I guess you have't reached the class in school where they teach you that the meaning of the word depends on the context surrounding it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    I guess you have't reached the class in school where they teach you that the meaning of the word depends on the context surrounding it.
    Hahaha Well done you. You can string an insult together without addressing my point.

In the context of wow there now exists two Retailers. This adds needless confusion. Say someone says 'Fuck Retailers' now needs to be futher clarified. Are they angry that gamestop and other shops don't have the game in stock or are they pissed off at players of btf.

It's a small complaint but still means the term retailers for bfa players is a bad one.

Hahaha Well done you. You can string an insult together without addressing my point.

In the context of wow there now exists two Retailers. This adds needless confusion. Say someone says 'F*** Retailers' now needs to be futher clarified. Are they angry that gamestop and other shops don't have the game in stock or are they pissed off at players of btf.

It's a small complaint but still means the term retailers for bfa players is a bad one.
    No. We're not discussing Gamestop or people selling boxes. Context is clear.

Deleted
    No. We're not discussing Gamestop or people selling boxes. Context is clear.
    In this thread it is fine. But I thinking in the future. The terms is already in use when it comes to game, the three primary partners in selling the game are the Customer, developer and retailer. Now you lots have decided to refer to a section of the customers base as retailers as well. Needless confusion.

In this thread it is fine. But I thinking in the future. The terms is already in use when it comes to game, the three primary partners in selling the game are the Customer, developer and retailer. Now you lots have decided to refer to a section of the customers base as retailers as well. Needless confusion.
    No offense but outside of the CE retail stores have been mostly cut out for a very long time. I'm going to guess there are very few people today who don't just purchase the download.

It's why when you go in most retail stores today the PC section is basically a small shelf.

Deleted
    2017: I feel offended, in a nutshell. Go cry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    No offense but outside of the CE retail stores have been mostly cut out for a very long time. I'm going to guess there are very few people today who don't just purchase the download.

It's why when you go in most retail stores today the PC section is basically a small shelf.
    In that case blizzard is just the retailer and developer. It term retailer for a section of the player base is bad since it already exists in parlance in the wow community.

In that case blizzard is just the retailer and developer. It term retailer for a section of the player base is bad since it already exists in parlance in the wow community.
    And here you're not even using the word, you're so offended about, correctly. Retail sales refer to physical products only, not digital.

Deleted
    And here you're not even using the word, you're so offended about, correctly. Retail sales refer to physical products only, not digital.
    Again not offended. I just think it's a dumb term that id rather not have stick.

Also not an economist learnt something new.

Also that means you lot are misusing retail was well surely since most of wow players now buy from blizzard digitally?
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-12-27 at 01:26 PM.

The problem isn’t the word. The problem is that the context in which it’s being used on this forum is derogatory. It’s a replacement word for what people really want to use, which is something mean, such as “idiot” or “dumbass.” It’s being propagated forward by people who want to keep using it like that, and those same people are acting coy and innocent when they are called out on it. It’s basically high school bullying, and the mods can’t do much about it because the offense is too small and random to get a concrete example that’s worth making an example out of. The people doing it know this, and are enjoying arguing the point because at any time they can just claim innocence and pretend they don’t understand what people are upset about. I feel like I am wasting my time explaining this, but whatever...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

The funny thing is when classic comes out they all will become retail.

We all know what it means when someone says it. That's what a word is.