Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Nothing to do with the 35 million boxes (or digital copies) sold at an average ~$50 (as of October), ok.
    Original post held overwatch up as an example of a game with ongoing development not needing/having a subscription. Microtransactions fill that role for Overwatch.

Box sales are irrelevant, as Classic will never reach those kinds of numbers, and furthermore classic will probably not be purchased and instead will be an added bonus to existing/new wow subscriptions.
    Ily mmoc

I am not sure why ANY of you would think classic would be free, I dont get this mentality? Its not going to be a whole separate game, its just going to be new damn servers that stop at 60, chances are good its just going to be part of the standard $15 we already pay just like any other server.

You are either going to log on to a classic server or a retail one... the same way you choose between and PVE or a PVP now

How is it that all of you that claim to have "played vanilla" can be so dense that you dont realize that no new boxed game is coming out, its just going to be an addition to what we have.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-12-30 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Original post held overwatch up as an example of a game with ongoing development not needing/having a subscription. Microtransactions fill that role for Overwatch.

Box sales are irrelevant, as Classic will never reach those kinds of numbers, and furthermore classic will probably not be purchased and instead will be an added bonus to existing/new wow subscriptions.
    You're just being silly. Many games without shops or subscriptions get supported, develop new content and are maintained for years, decades even after the release date, with no additional form of income.

That's common practice.

As for Classic, i'm expecting a solo sub at an inferior price (5$~) or having it included in the regular subscription which would have players check the 'other side' when things get boring for them. Also a reason for people on retail\live\current version to check Classic during content draughts, and keep them interested until the next patch\expansion. Keep them in circles
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-12-30 at 06:27 AM.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You're just being silly. Many games without shops or subscriptions get supported, develop new content and are maintained for years, decades even after the release date, with no additional form of income.

That's common practice.

As for Classic, i'm expecting a solo sub at an inferior price (5$~) or having it included in the regular subscription which would have players check the 'other side' when things get boring for them. Also a reason for people on retail\live\current version to check Classic during content draughts, and keep them interested until the next patch\expansion. Keep them in circles
    Oh I'm completely aware that there are games with ongoing development/support and without shops/subs, i was just pointing out that overwatch isn't one of them.

I also like the idea of classic being included in the regular subscription for that same reason. If it is I'll definitely be using it for relief from content droughts!
    Ily mmoc

It is quite obvious that Classic and "Retail" will be with the same subs, you will need to buy BFA to play it, though.

Personnaly, I would prefer if Classic has its own subs, but it won't happen obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It is quite obvious that Classic and "Retail" will be with the same subs, you will need to buy BFA to play it, though.

Personnaly, I would prefer if Classic has its own subs, but it won't happen obviously.
    Sure if the Classic sub on it's own is the same cost as a retail sub.

Would make them quite a bit of money.

Honestly, if Classic is on its own sub, it will be a massive failure, that is why it will be on BFA's sub.

Blizzard won't make that mistake.

Honestly, if Classic is on its own sub, it will be a massive failure, that is why it will be on BFA's sub.

Blizzard won't make that mistake.
    Well yeah but asking for it is just silly.

Because people will not be willing to pay 2 subs for what is essentially a similar product but in different eras of the games life. I imagine some people will but baking into retail is smarter.

As you said, but since I do not care about Classic, I do not want BFA to support it and Blizzard wasting BFA's money on that shit.

As you said, but since I do not care about Classic, I do not want BFA to support it and Blizzard wasting BFA's money on that shit.
    You realize Blizzard are hiring a separate team to support said game yes? And that they already stated no resources are being diverted from the current game for it? If you choose not to believe that then that is entirely up to you.

If anything baking it into the current sub means the price stays the same for access to two products rather than one.

With which money? ^^ That money would be better use on BFA's dev, but whatever.

With which money? ^^ That money would be better use on BFA's dev, but whatever.
    You realize they are a multi billion dollar company yes?

It was probably sorted out way in advance.

If you have a source that says the money has been diverted from any funding going into BFA I'd love to see it.

I know, but still, I do not see a point in Classic, waste of money and time. If they could afford to hire a team, they could have spend that money on BFA. But they prefered to release Classic to protect their IP, not a bad move either, but not one of my taste.

I REAAALLY hope they will go with 2 options at the same time - free for retail subbers AND 5-10$ sub strictly for Classic. The way Blizzard worded some of the info makes me think Classic is going to be a separate position in Battle.net app, not just a part of WoW client. Personally, I'm not really interested in retail and will have a hard time justifying 15$ sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I know, but still, I do not see a point in Classic, waste of money and time. If they could afford to hire a team, they could have spend that money on BFA. But they prefered to release Classic to protect their IP, not a bad move either, but not one of my taste.
    And again. If you have a source that the money was intended for BFA then show it.

Otherwise you are just wildly speculating.

And if you have no interest in Classic then it's clearly not aimed at you. It's aimed at those who want to play it and a large amount of people who have expressed their interest in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I REAAALLY hope they will go with 2 options at the same time - free for retail subbers AND 5-10$ sub strictly for Classic. The way Blizzard worded some of the info makes me think Classic is going to be a separate position in Battle.net app, not just a part of WoW client. Personally, I'm not really interested in retail and will have a hard time justifying 15$ sub.
    You will have a hard time justifying the sub staying the same cost for two products?

What?

It was not intended for BFA, but it should have been, that is what I am saying as a paying customer. As an executive manager, I would have done the same they did.

It was not intended for BFA, but it should have been, that is what I am saying as a paying customer. As an executive manager, I would have done the same they did.
    So again you don't have a source just wild speculation?

Gotcha.

Speculating about what? I WISH that money would have been for BFA because i do not see the point in Classic as a paying customer. But if I was in the position of Blizzard, I would have done the same they did. How is that hard to understand?

Speculating about what? I WISH that money would have been for BFA because i do not see the point in Classic as a paying customer. But if I was in the position of Blizzard, I would have done the same they did. How is that hard to understand?
    You claimed that the money had been diverted from BFA without giving any credible source at first.

You then changed your statement to say "you wish".

Make up your mind.

And wishing isn't going to do squat. Classic clearly isn't aimed at you as you have made yourself perfectly clear in this thread.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-30 at 09:02 AM.

I hope Classic comes with a seperate sub fee. I prefer my sub fee going towards the future development/maintenance of the product I pay the sub for and not towards something I'll never use.