Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump Hotel employee, email that Trump ‘is definitely still involved’ in Trump Org

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-that-trump-is

Trump DC Hotel employee wrote in email that Trump ‘is definitely still involved’ in Trump Org.

An email sent by the director of revenue management at Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. suggests that President Trump is still involved in the management of the Trump Organization despite claims he has divested himself of his business interests, according to a new report by The Daily Beast.

The Daily Beast reports it obtained the email from director of revenue management Jeng Chi Hung to an acquaintance. In the email, Hung writes that Trump is "supposed to be out of the business and passed on to his sons, but he's definitely involved."

"I had a brief meeting with him a few weeks ago, and he was asking about banquet revenues and demographics. And, he asked if his presidency hurt the businesses. So, he seems self aware about things, at least more than he lets on," Hung wrote in the email.

It is unclear when the email was sent or when Hung met with president Trump. Hotel officials immediately refuted the contents of the email in statements to The Daily Beast.

The hotel's managing director, Mickael Damelincourt, said it was "total nonsense."

“This is total nonsense,” Damelincourt told The Daily Beast. “Upon review of the email referenced in your inquiry, we have met with the individual and he has confirmed that he made these comments up in an effort to enhance his sense of importance to a former employer. In fact, this individual confirmed to me today that he has never met the President nor did any conversation ever take place. We are continuing to investigate this matter internally.”

Upon entering the presidency, Trump handed over control of his businesses to his sons Donald Trump Jr., and Eric Trump in order to prevent possible conflicts of interest with foreign governments as prohibited in the "Emoluments Clause" of the Constitution.

Trump has faced a series of lawsuits over his alleged gains from foreign governments through his businesses since taking office, which have also said that the businesses have benefited unfairly from Trump being elected president.

A federal judge dismissed a high-profile lawsuit by a liberal watchdog group last week that claimed Trump has received “cash and favors from foreign governments, through guests and events at his hotels, leases in his buildings, and valuable real estate deals abroad.”

The judge dismissed the case because the plaintiffs had a "lack of standing."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason to believe Trump isn't still involved in his businesses. And numerous reasons to believe he is.

Hence my whole point about him lining his pockets with taxpayer money. Something his supporters are oddly quiet about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There's no reason to believe Trump isn't still involved in his businesses. And numerous reasons to believe he is.

Hence my whole point about him lining his pockets with taxpayer money. Something his supporters are oddly quiet about.
    They're never quiet about it. They think it's great he does this and always jump at the chance to praise Trump for being a part time president.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    "It is unclear when the email was sent or when Hung met with president Trump."

So it could be from 5 years ago?
    And, he asked if his presidency hurt the businesses.
    Did you even read the article before posting?

10+ Year Old Account
    "It is unclear when the email was sent or when Hung met with president Trump."

So it could be from 5 years ago?
    Was Trump President and claiming he had passed control of the company to his sons five years ago? I know it FEELS like it at times, but it's been less than a year.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did you even read the article before posting?
    That is not the email though that supposedly proves what ever .

10+ Year Old Account
    The email that said "a few weeks ago I met with Trump during which he asked if his Presidency hurt the business".

Reading comprehension is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Trump and crew never divested from the business and he has often bragged about being able to do both not to mention his sons making faux pas. It honestly is not a surprise it's not like he is very much involved with the presidency 33% of his time has already been spent on vacations.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few weeks ago from when yesterday, last week, last year?
    Was Trump President last year?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    A few weeks ago from when yesterday, last week, last year?
    Are you in a competition for most moronic question asked, if so please tell me who are you competing with, i want to read their idiotic responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is with the forum conservatives doing everything they can to derail threads? We've got lockedout appearing to have a seizure in this thread and the other thread is somehow about child support now.

I mean, I get you don't really have any sort of argument or defense but why even bother posting?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is with the forum conservatives doing everything they can to derail threads? We've got lockedout appearing to have a seizure in this thread and the other thread is somehow about child support now.

I mean, I get you don't really have any sort of argument or defense but why even bother posting?
    To appease their good or something like that.

7+ Year Old Account

It's just a small number of trolls combined with Russian sockpuppet accounts. They're creating the illusion that there are a lot more of them.

Just so I can be yet another person to prove you wrong it literally states "a few weeks ago I met with Trump during which he asked if his Presidency hurt the business".

You can't be this bad at reading, unless you want to be at Trump's level for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Just so I can be yet another person to prove you wrong it literally states "a few weeks ago I met with Trump during which he asked if his Presidency hurt the business".

You can't be this bad at reading, unless you want to be at Trump's level for that too.
    Not sure which alt-righter ever demonstrated a skill at reading comprehension, to be very honest.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The email that said "a few weeks ago I met with Trump during which he asked if his Presidency hurt the business".

Reading comprehension is hard.

Wow. That looks like a smoking gun if I’ve ever seen one.

Yet you felt so embarrassed about the post you had to delete it. Grats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Wow. That looks like a smoking gun if I’ve ever seen one.
    'Cause we're supposed to believe Trump ISN'T(?) involved in his companies still? The man hasn't even put them in a blind trust nor will release his tax returns. If Trump didn't want these kinds of stories out maybe he should stop being a complete wank when it comes to these things. We believe this with no named source because it's exactly the kind of thing he would do, and is most likely still doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    'Cause we're supposed to believe Trump ISN'T(?) involved in his companies still? The man hasn't even put them in a blind trust nor will release his tax returns. If Trump didn't want these kinds of stories out maybe he should stop being a complete wank when it comes to these things. We believe this with no named source because it's exactly the kind of thing he would do, and is most likely still doing.
    You missed my point. Asking someone if being president has hurt the business is a complete nothingburger.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    You missed my point. Asking someone if being president has hurt the business is a complete nothingburger.
    If he's still taking an active role in his businesses that's more than a "nothingsandwich". No president should be running other businesses on the side during their presidency. It's a clear conflict of interest, but hey if you enjoy that Trump is the first part time president then it's your priorities that are out of order.