Deleted

Bring back DPS and healer comps for 2v2 in BfA

Ever since TBC, I have loved 2v2 and I loved queuing up as healer+DPS with my brother... and we could play for hours and hours. Now we can't do that anymore. I asked for this in the beginning of Legion, but there has not been a change yet.

It feels like the only reason they did that was because a 2v2 game could go on for a very long time. But there's better solutions for that - and Battle for Azeroth is a perfect opportunity for Blizzard to bring it back again. Damage and healing numbers are being squished (and hopefully tuned as well).

The biggest problem in PvP is that you can burst a character down in seconds and you can heal a character to the top instantly. Solutions are: Tone down the burst damage and healing a lot. Make mana management important. Make damage more effective than healing (maybe it already is).

And let 2v2 have their own version of gladiator. I don't see why not? Why is Blizzard forcing us to do 3v3?

And the thing that sucks about making these kinds of threads is that a lot of people will say "No, it's fine" and they are people who don't PvP or havn't seen how 2v2 was before. I'm looking for a valueable discussion here. I'm not looking for people who's just going to agree with me, but if you're not into PvP or havn't seen how it was before, just please don't take part of this discussion.

You are a bit late with this.

PVP has been shot dead in Legion. Talking about things of the level of DPS and healer comps in 2v2 is cute, but analogous to coming to the ruins of a burnt out house, then pointing at something in the pile of wreck and going "here, remember I told you about those shoes? they are quite nice, take a look".

Really, it is just pointless to discuss anything this small or suggest anything for it. They won't be able to implement anything valuable. Their design is in the grave. It is complete and utter shit, and this is why nearly nobody PVPs anymore. Check the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerium View Post
    Damage and healing numbers are being squished (and hopefully tuned as well).

The biggest problem in PvP is that you can burst a character down in seconds and you can heal a character to the top instantly. Solutions are: Tone down the burst damage and healing a lot. Make mana management important. Make damage more effective than healing (maybe it already is).

And let 2v2 have their own version of gladiator. I don't see why not? Why is Blizzard forcing us to do 3v3?
    *flashbacks of healer+warrior comps* nope... just nope.

and: they squish NOT DAMAGE AND HEALING, but ilvl of players. This is one.
    You ask them "tone down the burst and healing alot" wich will SERIOUSLY affect specs pve performance? With templates do you imagine HOW MANY strings of text this will be? Basicaly you will turn every spec wich is "burst oriented" in totaly different.

PvP? People still play that mini-game? That's adorable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    *flashbacks of healer+warrior comps* nope... just nope.
    What's wrong with that?
    and: they squish NOT DAMAGE AND HEALING, but ilvl of players. This is one.
    I'm not sure what you are arguing about? Yes, ilvl is being squished as well.
    You ask them "tone down the burst and healing alot" wich will SERIOUSLY affect specs pve performance? With templates do you imagine HOW MANY strings of text this will be? Basicaly you will turn every spec wich is "burst oriented" in totaly different.
    Please explain why a spec would be bad if Blizzard decides to tone down the burst damage. And what do you mean "HOW MANY strings of text this will be?" to code you mean? Well, I'm a game developer and I'm sure they aren't manually changing one string of text at a time. That would be silly.

okay if you not get it. 2v2 is second to most unbalanced pvp mode. The duels. (it's almost the same) where you bring 2 top specs and punch (or as it was before with warrior+healer comp outlive) everything.

and about ilvl. They squished ilvl wich LEAD to damage and stats squish (and then balancing around this numbers), not the opposite (30k hp vs 4 millions)

Please explain why a spec would be bad if Blizzard decides to tone down the burst damage. And what do you mean "HOW MANY strings of text this will be?" to code you mean? Well, I'm a game developer and I'm sure they aren't manually changing one string of text at a time. That would be silly.
    you not get it mr "game developer". I talked about strings in this "templates" wich must explain why ability X doing very different damage, have different cd, cost, range (maybe) than when player play in pve. This templates already huge AF and you just want to add more?
    Last edited by Zorish; 2017-12-24 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    okay if you not get it. 2v2 is second to most unbalanced pvp mode. The duels. (it's almost the same) where you bring 2 top specs and punch (or as it was before with warrior+healer comp outlive) everything.

and about ilvl. They squished ilvl wich LEAD to damage and stats squish (and then balancing around this numbers), not the opposite (30k hp vs 4 millions)

you not get it mr "game developer". I talked about strings in this "templates" wich must explain why ability X doing very different damage, have different cd, cost, range (maybe) than when player play in pve. This templates already huge AF and you just want to add more?
    I'm having a real hard time to understand what you're saying.

Deleted
    I'm having a real hard time to understand what you're saying.
    he is saying 2vs2 isnt balanced thats why blizzard doesnt allow healers in there anymore as you otherwise just would bore your opponent to death with your fotm + healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    he is saying 2vs2 isnt balanced thats why blizzard doesnt allow healers in there anymore as you otherwise just would bore your opponent to death with your fotm + healer.
    Yeah I kind of understood that part. But it doesn't make sense to give me an answer like that, because that's what I am saying as well. I know it isn't balanced and that's what they should fix. Balance it and let us queue with dps+healer again.

Deleted
    Yeah I kind of understood that part. But it doesn't make sense to give me an answer like that, because that's what I am saying as well. I know it isn't balanced and that's what they should fix. Balance it and let us queue with dps+healer again.
    but they decided that its easier to balance it around 3s. deal with it or look for another game cause everyone else is fine with it.