Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Allied races AFTER BFA launches?

Say someone gets WoW as a gift and is given BFA as their very first WoW experience. Are they really going to be expected to grind rep in a previous expansion after reaching 120 to play the current expansions features? Has there been any additional information on how brand new players to WoW will be able to access those allied races?

Or is it simply, go back and farm trivial content until you are exalted with X faction?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeetersauce View Post
    Say someone gets WoW as a gift and is given BFA as their very first WoW experience. Are they really going to be expected to grind rep in a previous expansion after reaching 120 to play the current expansions features? Has there been any additional information on how brand new players to WoW will be able to access those allied races?

Or is it simply, go back and farm trivial content until you are exalted with X faction?
    They're gonna have to go back and grind dude. Just like anyone who hasn't actually reached exaulted with those factions is going to have to do. Stop asking for things to be handed to you. What are you? A Trump supporter?

Deleted

Allied Races are not a feature.

They are a variation and or a sub-setting of a feature that is available anyway.

Hopefully Blizzard keeps them gated because this game will be total garbage if 30 of the Alliance is made up by Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    They're gonna have to go back and grind dude. Just like anyone who hasn't actually reached exaulted with those factions is going to have to do. Stop asking for things to be handed to you. What are you? A Trump supporter?
    I think you have downs, should probably go to a doctor and get checked out my dude.

My guess is the Legion achievements are for unlocking them pre-release and once BfA hits you just do a quest. It's to give people something to chew on for pre-purchasing because I doubt it's a coincidence the more popular sub-races (two varieties of elves and a Draenei) are what we get before anything else.

Well they might nerf this later... OR seeing how things are going, they could as well make it unlockable by paying money later on.

the only one that sounds pretty obnoxious imo is exalted with Argussian Reach for Velfs as they need to do WQ's in Mac'Aree which are like 3-4 per day or something. The rest don't seem so bad imo and totally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    What are you? A Trump supporter?
    Last time I checked, liberals were/are not big Trump supporters - your statement makes no sense.

Back on topic - when you buy BfA you are buying access to the expansion content, why would you think you don't need to earn access to the Allied Races just because you didn't play in Legion?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Last time I checked, liberals were/are not big Trump supporters - your statement makes no sense.

Back on topic - when you buy BfA you are buying access to the expansion content, why would you think you don't need to earn access to the Allied Races just because you didn't play in Legion?
    Pretty sure there is a LOT of statistical data that shows red states are the biggest takers of government entitlements so your statement is pretty dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have downs, should probably go to a doctor and get checked out my dude.
    Did you just assume my chromosomal status?

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Allied Races are not a feature.

They are a variation and or a sub-setting of a feature that is available anyway.

Hopefully Blizzard keeps them gated because this game will be total garbage if 30 of the Alliance is made up by Void Elves.
    they are full races.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

From past experience BfA will launch with a 110 character boost.

That character is the one that you can then choose to farm up your rep on, then you can swap to an allied race to grind out the rest.

Also there's a good chance the only allied races that require rep will be the pre-launch ones and you'll have plenty of time to get exalted in the 2 to 3 months from pre-order and pre-patch to live.

It's not trivial if it scales up.

Let's get off of the political discussion. Save that for the politics subforum.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

5+ Year Old Account
    The 4 that are tied to Legion will be past content, that is unavoidable. Devs did say they would streamline Suramar for those who would have to go back on do that to unlock the Nightbourne.

The Dark Iron and Zandalari will likely be related to content on Kul Tiras/Zandalar.

As for future allied races, it depends on what races are added. If Jinyu or Hozen are added and a rep grind is out on them, it wouldn’t be an issue as if you complete Jade Forest you are exalted by the end of the zone.

I for one like that they are locked behind content. It gives us more to do in game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    The 4 that are tied to Legion will be past content, that is unavoidable. Devs did say they would streamline Suramar for those who would have to go back on do that to unlock the Nightbourne.

The Dark Iron and Zandalari will likely be related to content on Kul Tiras/Zandalar.

As for future allied races, it depends on what races are added. If Jinyu or Hozen are added and a rep grind is out on them, it wouldn’t be an issue as if you complete Jade Forest you are exalted by the end of the zone.

I for one like that they are locked behind content. It gives us more to do in game.
    I really wish Blizzard did more of this. Although it looks possible to unlock all the Allied Races, regardless of faction, which kind of made me wish Blizz would hide them behind the Faction wall, but makes me happy that I can still play a Void Elf for shits and giggles even though I play Horde.

I was hoping Blizzard would turn the Hero classes into proper prestige classes, if you want to be a DH, you need to level a an Elf to 58 and go to Outland and start your journey. Same goes for DK, make it to level 40 and pick up a quest that ultimately leads to your demise somewhere in the Plaguelands and that character gets raised as a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I really wish Blizzard did more of this. Although it looks possible to unlock all the Allied Races, regardless of faction, which kind of made me wish Blizz would hide them behind the Faction wall, but makes me happy that I can still play a Void Elf for shits and giggles even though I play Horde.

I was hoping Blizzard would turn the Hero classes into proper prestige classes, if you want to be a DH, you need to level a an Elf to 58 and go to Outland and start your journey. Same goes for DK, make it to level 40 and pick up a quest that ultimately leads to your demise somewhere in the Plaguelands and that character gets raised as a DK.
    so you want WoW to burn?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so you want WoW to burn?
    How does this cause WoW to burn?

Some of those are cool ideas.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    So long as whatever they are locked behind continues to be based on the lore and make sense within that medium- I hope they keep the gating and add gates to future allied races where appropriate. Just would not make sense for a brand new player who has never played the story to begin as a nightborne given the way they are phasing the story post 110; they need to have met them, liberated them, and recruited them first. (Though playing through Legion AS a nightborne after the fact should be hilariously awkward).

What I hope they don't do is decide to gate an allied race behind something like pathfinder- that would be pretty lame.

Thats why its called ALLIED RACES, not a new race. You arent supposed to just hop in and create a new highmountain tauren. You have a special questline dedicated to bringing them to the Horde, for which you need rep. If blizz didnt specifically want you to work for your ability to create them, they would just call them new races with no questline needed.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so you want WoW to burn?
    It wouldn't make WoW burn, it gives you further incentive to continue playing.

Lets say I was completely enamored with Void Elves, had to have one. But it was locked behind a faction wall. I would level an Alliance character to 110, so I could grind out Argussian Reach and have my Void Elves, it literally gives me something to do and a goal to reach. Taking that further, what if Shadow Hunters were only available to a player who has both a Hunter and Shaman at max level, or have to reach max level with a Shaman and prestige into the class, by going to consult the spirit of Vol'jin... Or if you wanted to be a Spellbreaker you had to have a max level Warrior, and then go to Kael'Thalas and train.

I like the concept of prestige classes, because it makes you choose, am I staying a Shaman or do I want to be a shadow hunter from now on, no going back. I think WoW would greatly benefit from systems like this. It gives you a real goal to reach, not just make max level, grind max level content. That's all we do now.