Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fallen Lordaeron and Calia

I was just wondering with the Battle for Undercity approaching if any of y'all think the Alliance might use Calia Menethil's claim as a rallying cry to inspire the troops and cement their hold on Capital City; perhaps even against her will?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Perhaps but she doesn't want the throne so she'll have to be manipulated or forced.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Cement what hold? The Alliance isn't keeping UC.

Lordareon is dead why cant the allies see that?

Why is it that its Stromgarde we are fighting over not a plague ridden pile of boulders?

Lordaeron has no strategic value except to drive the Forsaken out of the Northern Kingdoms and the Alliance wants to rebuild a city that isnt swimming in shitty plague ridden water in a land of death and decay.

Stromgarde has strategic value its in a lush verdant land, its not completely destroyed and its near the Thandol span so a great place near a road where reinforcements can come.

Serously Allies stop with this Lordaeron nonsense that place is like Chernobyl it wont be habitable for countless years and its not even worth trying to make it habitable except for broken pride!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Lordareon is dead why cant the allies see that?

Why is it that its Stromgarde we are fighting over not a plague ridden pile of boulders?

Lordaeron has no strategic value except to drive the Forsaken out of the Northern Kingdoms and the Alliance wants to rebuild a city that isnt swimming in shitty plague ridden water in a land of death and decay.

Stromgarde has strategic value its in a lush verdant land, its not completely destroyed and its near the Thandol span so a great place near a road where reinforcements can come.

Serously Allies stop with this Lordaeron nonsense that place is like Chernobyl it wont be habitable for countless years and its not even worth trying to make it habitable except for broken pride!
    From ruins a new kingdom can be built, why can't people see that? History Is our teacher and you just have to look back to understand that.

I think that would be a great thing, for Calia to finally step up and be an actual person of Importance, which she is other than a "She Is here, look guys, isn't that cool" but she's not really Important, just some side-priest companion and just to poke fun at people she says "I don't want my throne, durr hurr" which by the way, It being blizzard they can easily retcon that like they retcon everything. It's not like retconning a few sentances will be hard for them.

I've always said, I want Calia to rally the Alliance, the Order of the Silver Hand, the Priests of the Alliance and march onto Undercity from the East, and then Gilneas and Greymane march from Silverpine, I mean It's only basic military tactics I'm no napoleon but that'd cut off most of their retreat routes, unless portals and going south through the city walls onto the lake somehow, and even then the Alliance could anticipate that and set an ambush there.

And PS: Strategic value aside for the Capital of Lordaeron, there are other values to consider, like historic or cultural, there's plenty of refugees from Lordaeron who joined In with the Alliance and just knowing we took back Lordaeron from "The Enemy" would be a huge morale boost among other things, don't look at It from just the eyes of a strategist and military general, but also a politician.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Actually, there is no source that outright states Calia doesn't want the throne.

She mentioned that the Kingdom of Lordaeron was no more, but she said that in a quest that has been removed in the Legion beta. However, one of her quotes is 'It's just Calia now', and i guess some have deduced from this that she doesn't want Lordaeron anymore. But that vague quote doesn't imply this in the slightest.

The Forsaken only control the western part of Lordaeron. The eastern one is under the control of the Argent Crusade, and as you can see, the once plague-tainted Western Plaguelands have now returned to a lush and verdant state. The Plague there is almost completely healed, thanks to the efforts of Druids and Paladins. And they accomplished that in a few years, i might add.

It is interesting that, in the Battle for Azeroth cinematic, the sky of the Tirisfal Glades is blue, not green, the trees are lush, and the buildings of the Capital City look, for the most part intact. It seems that the Tirisfal Glades do not look as bad as some thought. And the Alliance controls many Paladins and Druids, so they can obviously attempt to cleanse the land of the Plague. And personally, but this might be slightly off-topic, i wouldn't mind seeing the Void Elves settle in that abandoned High Elven town in Northern Lordaeron.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    As always the Alliance gets screwed over once again and they wont even keep UC...so this topic is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    From ruins a new kingdom can be built, why can't people see that? History Is our teacher and you just have to look back to understand that.
    But nobody is stupid enough to build a kingdom on a plague ridden shit hole!

Why cant you see that the land around Lordaeron is dead and decaying?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Cleansing seems to be working out in the plaguelands quite well... and that within some years.
    It would certainly be a bigger challange; but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Cleansing seems to be working out in the plaguelands quite well... and that within some years.
    It would certainly be a bigger challange; but not impossible.
    Yes its not impossible but there is plenty of other places to start a new kingdom so why waste the man power and resources on land that is dying and full of plague and death?

Like i have always said its Broken Pride that keeps Alliance obsessed over Lordaeron and the Northern Kingdoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    As always the Alliance gets screwed over once again and they wont even keep UC...so this topic is moot.
    ...really? Then what is the point? Faction war is so retarded... if the Forsaken get UC back whilst Teldrassil remains a crisp, there will be a lot of rage lol

As for people saying ''Calia doesn't want anything to do with Lordaeron'', that is not really a reason. Blizz is well-known for complete 180's with characters (Garrosh), or the devs say they were lying, old gods did it, etc etc. Gameplay > lore

Deleted
    I always thought only the men could inherit the Throne, as was the case with many medieval kingdoms in Europe as well.
    After all, there have always been kings in the human kingdoms, right?

Its Stromgarde that tells me that the Alliance has no interest in the UC AKA Lordaeron

All the Allies want is the destruction of the UC not to rebuild on its ruins

The Allies want to rebuild Stromgarde and that will be the new Lordaeron and the sign of Dominance in the Northern Kingdoms and thats why it will be a contested area.

If the Allies can control Stromgarde they own the Northern Kingdoms cause they can ship in reinforcements by sea and by the Thandol span and the Horde wont be able to mount a significant challenge unless the Horde can stop it while it can.

If the Alliance loses Stromgarde they lose the entire of the Northern Kingdoms and then the Forsaken can go back to that green water filled shit hole they call home!

We get it, you like Stromgarde.

Lordaeron has much more strategic value as it cripples the Forsaken who are acting as a battering shield for Silvermoon, opens up the way for a land invasion of Gilneas directly through Silverpine and most importantly of all, establishes a proper alliance stronghold that will reconnect with the humans of Lordaeron who are already rebuilding their kingdom to the east.

I dont like Stromgarde i think its a shitty pile of boulders filled with Ogres that used to be ruled over by a undead idiot who was killed by the DKs

I just like Military strategy and there is nothing of military gain by rebuilding on the rubble of Lordaeron.

You can bounce the whole of the Tirisfal Glades if you rebuilt Stromgarde then you will have a southern supply route and you know the western plaguelands is dominated by the Argent Crusade if you have removed the Forsaken from it and your path is clear to the Ghostlands and onward to Silvermoon.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-01-05 at 10:39 AM.

Doubt Anduin would go for that if Calia wasn't cooperative. Though if the kingdom was otherwise restored and rule was offered to her, she may change her mind. It's possible it will just be a rubble for a time, at least till the war ends. Frankly, as much as I like Lordaeron under Forsaken control, it would be good for the game to shift some of the regions of power on the map permanently. Some actual development instead of faraway campaigns or stuff that don't ultimately matter.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I was just wondering with the Battle for Undercity approaching if any of y'all think the Alliance might use Calia Menethil's claim as a rallying cry to inspire the troops and cement their hold on Capital City; perhaps even against her will?
    It would be a lie offered by a boy-king if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given Calia's stated disinterest in ruling, I would doubt it - I sincerely doubt they would try to force such a commitment from her (or that they could given her position within the Priest/Paladin Order Hall). Since the Undercity isn't going to be held by the Alliance insofar as we know it would also be doubly pointless to attempt such.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Cement what hold? The Alliance isn't keeping UC.
    Oh, was this confirmed? I thought I'd read the Forsaken abandoned it as indefensible or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    It is interesting that, in the Battle for Azeroth cinematic, the sky of the Tirisfal Glades is blue, not green, the trees are lush, and the buildings of the Capital City look, for the most part intact. It seems that the Tirisfal Glades do not look as bad as some thought.
    Oh? I hadn't noticed that artistic choice. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    if the Forsaken get UC back whilst Teldrassil remains a crisp, there will be a lot of rage lol
    Teldrassil doesn't seem that big of a setback. It would have been planted as recently as during or following the Third War. Couldn't another seed be just as easily sown? Perhaps even in Tirisfal Glades.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I always thought only the men could inherit the Throne, as was the case with many medieval kingdoms in Europe as well.
    Well, in patrilineal dynasties males are preferred but in their absence the female line is followed. Look at Elizabeth's father, Henry VIII producing no male Tudor heir for instance. It was actually real-world feudal politics that compelled me make this post!
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2018-01-05 at 08:17 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Calia renounced the throne she only wants to be calia a priestess