Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    They can come in and die of starvation for all we care. We don't have enough to feed our poorest or even just the elderly.

Plus Croatia is inherently anti "them" for their own good. We have go social welfare, no refugee programs, no jobs for them.

No, this country should be closed off for refugees. They can do no good for us and we no good for them.
    I guess that explains why so many Croatians come to North America. My landlords immigrated to Canada over 30 years ago from Croatia, likely due to having a better chance at economic prosperity. It seems little has improved in Croatia? I would imagine a lot of that is due to so much instability in eastern Europe over the last 40-50 years.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Not anywhere near the same. You can take couple hundred dollars from me if you like, if in return you pay hundreds of thousands back.
    those 100k will never reach your wallet. we would tell you where you live and what you do, it's not a shiny experience AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Why many refugees just don't go to neighboring countries ?

Imo, at the moment a refugee could have stayed in a country safe for him, but decided to keep moving, then he stops being a refugee and becomes a regular immigrant.
    Uhh, most do. Of the 4M+ displaced Syrians, 3.5M went to neighboring Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey. I imagine the story for Iraq is similar too.

The vast majority of of real refugees never make it to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    those 100k will never reach your wallet. we would tell you where you live and what you do, it's not a shiny experience AFAIK
    Still, the experience is worth money to the society. That means they are getting that moneys worth, whether it's in cash or not. One refugee costs about 40-50k per year here. It's about the cost of what 3 unemployed would cost.

Also, the point still is, it's pretty cheap experience for them too, since most arrive with nothing, and thus pay nothing at the start. So, to the original point, it doesn't make for good wall paying analogy, when they are not paying, but are paid for.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-12-27 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada would take them. At least that is what Tennis told me

demand? they think they own the country?

This is too fucking funny.

World going nuts
    -women crying about equality
    -refugees being god level for nations
    -Only black life matters
    -Whites males are born both racist and sexist.
    -Something that is natural is banned
    -Social media outrages happen every minute about like color of dress

GG, where was it legal to kill yourself?

hold fast croatia, don't allow yourselves to be invaded like the rest of the european countries.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Uhh, most do. Of the 4M+ displaced Syrians, 3.5M went to neighboring Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey. I imagine the story for Iraq is similar too.

The vast majority of of real refugees never make it to Europe
    And those are the real refugees. The ones moving to Europe are immigrants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question. Do the Gypsies/Roma get treated better than Refugees in Europe?

We all know its Germany that is there final destination or even Britain or France.

That is where they want to go cause they know eastern Europe dont give out the goodies unlike the countries of western Europe.

They stopped being asylum seekers the moment they landed in a safe country.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    GG, where was it legal to kill yourself?
    You just need a rocket powerful enough to leave the atmosphere, nobody will bother you in space.

Then again, there is a chance of your phone connecting to the internet anyway and showing you the latest about asian characters in Star Wars.
    Good luck, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    You just need a rocket powerful enough to leave the atmosphere, nobody will bother you in space.

Then again, there is a chance of your phone connecting to the internet anyway and showing you the latest about asian characters in Star Wars.
    Good luck, man.
    Did they choose the best actor for the job or the actor with the most extreme Asian features ? (Gigantic round and yellowish head / tiny black eyes)

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Did they choose the best actor for the job or the actor with the most extreme Asian features ?
    That's the main mystery. Was Lucy Liu interested but didn't have a big enough head? We'll never know.

Deleted
    Must be desperate to want Croatia

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, im a part time rescuer.
    I can tell you the following with certainty, cause i was there a lot of the time.

They were brought to Greece illegally, by fishing boats and the Turkish coastguard(wtf).
    Half of them sank before reaching the coast due to being overweight or bad weather.
    Most were not Syrians.
    We had Syrian translators standing by, to almost no use.
    A couple days later, turns out most were actually from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan.
    They paid from 2k up to 5k to be smuggled in.

We received a ton of new clothes, packaged food, and bottled water from citizens.
    It was always found in the trash. I have no clue why, cause we checked it for pork.

And, i cannot believe im saying this, but there were reporters faking photographs. Constantly.
    They played with kids, then asked them to splash water on their face and pretend to cry.
    They pulled random people together and asked them to pose as families.
    From that day, i have never watched "the news" again.

And if that wasnt enough, when we moved them to a place to stay
    (the olympic village, and some hotels that were offered for free by the owners)
    they destroyed everything on day 1. It wasnt just dirty or messy. Everything was ripped appart, even the busses.
    That's when people started being skeptical.

And to answer your question, they dont want to stay in Croatia.
    Just like they didnt want to stay in Greece either.
    From what they told us, they aim for Germany and Sweden,
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2017-12-27 at 08:26 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Must be desperate to want Croatia
    naah, they want to move to Slovenia then and onward to Austria and Germany; nobody wants to stay in Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Hi, im a part time rescuer.
    I can tell you the following with certainty, cause i was there a lot of the time.

They were brought to Greece illegally, by fishing boats and the Turkish coastguard(wtf).
    Half of them sank before reaching the coast due to being overweight or bad weather.
    Most were not Syrians.
    We had Syrian translators standing by, to almost no use.
    A couple days later, turns out most were actually from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan.
    They paid from 2k up to 5k to be smuggled in.

We received a ton of new clothes, packaged food, and bottled water from citizens.
    It was always found in the trash. I have no clue why, cause we checked it for pork.

And, i cannot believe im saying this, but there were reporters faking photographs. Constantly.
    They played with kids, then asked them to splash water on their face and pretend to cry.
    They pulled random people together and asked them to pose as families.
    From that day, i have never watched "the news" again.

And if that wasnt enough, when we moved them to a place to stay
    (the olympic village, and some hotels that were offered for free by the owners)
    they destroyed everything on day 1. It wasnt just dirty or messy. Everything was ripped appart, even the busses.
    That's when people started being skeptical.

And to answer your question, they dont want to stay in Croatia.
    Just like they didnt want to stay in Greece either.
    From what they told us, they aim for Germany and Sweden,
    Heh. GG Europe. Enjoy the last few years of civilization while you can

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I guess that explains why so many Croatians come to North America. My landlords immigrated to Canada over 30 years ago from Croatia, likely due to having a better chance at economic prosperity. It seems little has improved in Croatia? I would imagine a lot of that is due to so much instability in eastern Europe over the last 40-50 years.
    Last 30 years more or less. It has improved a lot, still the old people are mostly taken care of by their family. We have zero money to spend on refugees. Only with massive support from the EU could we even begin to draw up a plan on how to shelter just a few.

Unlike Germany for example we also don't lack basic blue collar employees. We need highly trained croats. Like seriously I have no idea what they're looking for here. We're a country of only 4 million....

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    If I traveled to Berlin and demanded I be given a home and a salary, what would happen?
    Probably.... although the bleeding heart shite for brains idealists are slowly coming around to the idea that maybe letting millions of unvetted immigrants rampage through your country might not be the smartest plan.