Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you need "rewards" to keep you playing a game, my I suggest a change in hobbies?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    If you need "rewards" to keep you playing a game, my I suggest a change in hobbies?
    Who said we need them?

It's a nice incentive by a company to do so however if they choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Blegh, I'd do it I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    "Buy our shit in advance and we will give you stuff!" is not a reward for loyal customers, it's basically a preorder bonus.

A statue that some players got who were subbed for 10 years is a loyalty reward tho. But pandaria (or was it in cata?) scheme and what you are describing is not a loyalty reward
    So if Blizzard came out near the release of BfA and said: "We are introducing our WoW:BfA loyalty program! When you buy the expansion and stay subscribed throughout the expansion, you will get exclusive rewards for being a loyal WoW subscriber!"

And they laid out something similar to my OP, you actually that that is "pre-order bonuses?" Thats just bat shit crazy. Its a loyalty program, plain and simple, designed to reward those who stay subscribed. There is no pre-order requirement, there is no catch other than you must be subscribed to receive the rewards.

How are you not getting this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    The easy way to fix the issue of frustrated people who take breaks is to adopt a model that has worked pretty well for many older MMOs in the past. Take Ultima Online for example; you were given access to whatever the veteran rewards were in tiers; say like 1 year, 2 year, 3 year etc. They based it on the total age of your account while active; so if you had it active for 6 months, then unsubbed, the timer would kick on again whenever you resubbed. So taking a break would effectively just delay your accrual of the veteran rewards.

FF14 does a similar model that is just measured in months paid; which actually even lets people gain access to veteran rewards without having to wait by simply paying for time in advance.

Either of the above two systems would be worlds better than punishing people who either take breaks or simply unsub for awhile due to being responsible adults and triaging expenses if they've fallen into some hard times. Those who never needed to unsub would get either more veteran items or more unique ones due to having more time active; while those who came back would simply go right back to accruing that time- no short end of the stick.

As for what's actually given out? Tricky. Though I don't see any issue with SOME services being given like a character re-customization/race change (within the same faction). Otherwise mounts, pets, tabards, titles, transmogs and the like I think would be good. I they ever added something like dye tubs to the game they could include unique dyes as well.
    Its not a punishment if people need to unsub. Its simply a reward for staying subbed for those who do stay subbed the entire time. Why are you looking at a rewards program as a punishment?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good, considering it's really only spending a couple cents daily. However, exclusive content shouldn't be locked behind it. Giving free character services or xp boosts is fine though.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2017-12-27 at 04:51 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure, been subbed 13 years straight anyhow....
    At least we got a statue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Are you all dense or you are just spewing bullshit only because it's a Jaylock thread? For once this idea makes sense.

Get real, EVERY DAMN BUISNESS do a fidelity/royal program (with card, points and others): Supermarket, Laundry, Carwash, Fast Foods, Restaurant, Jewerly and so on.

But yeah, when it comes down to Blizzard, it's evil Activision or it's just some evil scheme to mantain subs.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So if Blizzard came out near the release of BfA and said: "We are introducing our WoW:BfA loyalty program! When you buy the expansion and stay subscribed throughout the expansion, you will get exclusive rewards for being a loyal WoW subscriber!"

And they laid out something similar to my OP, you actually that that is "pre-order bonuses?" Thats just bat shit crazy. Its a loyalty program, plain and simple, designed to reward those who stay subscribed. There is no pre-order requirement, there is no catch other than you must be subscribed to receive the rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not a punishment if people need to unsub. Its simply a reward for staying subbed for those who do stay subbed the entire time. Why are you looking at a rewards program as a punishment?
    I am not looking at it as a punishment; I am telling you how people in those situations will react; as it is simply not always their choice. In which case missing out on something they would not otherwise have missed out on due to no fault of their own simply becomes another source of frustration for them.

Look at it this way; If the intent is to reward players for being loyal to a product, is there really an issue in rewarding everyone who fits that criteria? If Blizzard were to decide that a player who has had an active account for 12 months gets a bright blue bunny pet- what difference does it make if it took a player 27 real life months to accrue 12 months of active account time versus a player who was able to keep their account active for 12 months straight? Other than the former would simply take longer to get their blue bunny pet; while the latter would have already long since had their blue bunny pet as well as whatever additional rewards they earned by having 27 months active. It just seems like a silly restriction from a marketing perspective; if you have the option of making all customers happy; why shoot yourself in the foot?

Then you also need to consider the edge cases. Despite the fact that you would still be intentionally alienating players who unsub to deal with real life then come back when they dust themselves off; let's assume the mentality of it just sucks for those guys and oh well; that's life. What about people who literally had no choice, they were going on 21 months of their account, but they happened to live in Puerto Rico, their house, computer, money, dog, is all floating around somewhere in the Atlantic now; they have more important things to worry about. Fast forward a year and they're back on their feet, new PC and ready to get back to their lives. Is this person screwed out of the veteran rewards because earth decided to try and sink the island they lived on?

Wouldn't it make much more sense if they could just come back to the game and pick up where they left off? Sure they will be behind anyone who never needed to unsub now, but there is no logical reason why they should be completely omitted from the program entirely as a result.

Annual pass was only a thing because they knew D3 was going to be rushed incomplete shit despite being in development for a decade and thus wanted to inflate its sales numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Would be cool actually. But they don't seem to care about sub numbers any more so don't think it would be on the table for them.
    They do seem less and less interesyed in long term subscribers. Things like still gouging people to server transfer. They have lowered the price once, if the token hadn't been modified to include other features and games it is unlikely they would have even done that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    What customer wouldn't be in favor of free shit?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Surely, why not...
    I think everybody's nuts.

10+ Year Old Account

As soon as they announce reward first - it stops being a loyalty program, but a dodge modern videogame industry bullshit, people will read it as "if i want this mount i have to stay subbed no matter what". This system designed to keep people subbed via rewards, not to be loyal to the game
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-12-27 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly none of these things would entice me to stay subbed if I would have otherwise canceled.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Jay thats great idea Blizz should implement long ago,

so here goes one big

+

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely yes! That is an amazing idea and it is always nice the loyal fanbase to be rewarded or at least receive a token of appreciation one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    As soon as they announce reward first - it stops being a loyalty program, but a dodge modern videogame industry bullshit, people will read it as "if i want this mount i have to stay subbed no matter what". This system designed to keep people subbed via rewards, not to be loyal to the game
    So basically you're jealous and don't want other people who remain loyal to the game to get rewards and you not get them because you want to unsub, because you are *GASP* disloyal to Blizzard and WoW. Gotcha.

I wouldn't mind it one bit, since I'm subbed either way.

It'd also be such amazing salt-fuel for these forums, glorious! :d

This would be amazing, and I would love if Blizzard did something like this for their loyal fans through out the next expansion.
    Yeah it would be great but Blizzard would never do it. They don't give people like you a second thought. They have you on the hook already. They know you will buy anything they throw out. You are money in the bank and don't need any inducements to give them money. All they care about is all the people that no longer give them money and i doubt the things you listed will get people to play wow for years on end.

I can see them doing titles are other pointless stuff like that but services and mounts? Why would they give away thing they can make money on? 99% of the people who would do that will be the subbed no matter what crowd anyways and then they will still buy those things from the cash shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good suggestion jay i would so be on board if blizzard did that i stay subbed regardless anyways.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396