Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fine by me.
    Wouldn't like the XP thing, but free character transfers sounds great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    what's the point? So you don't stay subbed anymore, cause you like the game, you stay for rewards? LMAO "Hey, I need to be rewarded for playing this game!"
    Well the point is to reward those who are loyal to the game. And if it causes some people who are or potentially would be teetering on the edge of sub or not, maybe they would stay because of the exclusive rewards. Keeps the game fuller with more people, keeps server populations higher, and gives a nice reward to those who stay.

Those who would unsubscribe would do so anyway.

Whats wrong in rewarding people for being loyal to a product? Lots of companies do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got better idea.

Ban this Activision fan boy, and forget he ever existed. Another click bait topic for flame war.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of a WoW: BfA loyalty program where if you stay subscribed consecutively for 6 months from the start of BfA, and continuing on to 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 21 months, 24 months etc, you get rewards?

Lets say the rewards could be something like:

• 6 Months - Title Reward: The Dedicated
    • 12 Months - Pet Reward: (some BfA themed exclusive pet)
    • 15 months - 1 Free Character Service (race change, faction change, server transfer)
    • 18 months - Mount Reward: (an exclusive BfA themed mount)
    • 21 Months - 1 month 300% exp reward tied to your account (can level alts faster for 1 month)
    • 24 months - Mount reward (exclusive next expansion themed mount)

Now these are just examples, but would you be in favor of this, or something like this for all players who stay subscribed for the entire time without unsubscribing? WoW tokens would count toward your subscription, but if you let it lapse, you wouldn't be eligible for any rewards past the time you let your sub lapse.

This would be amazing, and I would love if Blizzard did something like this for their loyal fans through out the next expansion.
    It's amazing that Blizzard has no loyalty program. I can't even count the number of "loyalty" cards in my wallet. The super market, the taqueria, the pizza parlor, the ice cream shoppe- everyone has one.

There are people that have probably been subscribed for years and years and years- through content droughts and bad x pacs even and they never even got a "thank you."

I was thinking Blizz could offer one free character service (realm transfer, faction change, etc) for each full year subbed, uninterrupted.

I would change the loyalty plan in the op though. Cosmetics only- no title or xp boost; just give mounts, pets and mog sets that have no stats.

I also liked the D3 reward plan they did and wouldn't mind something along those lines.

If the local pizza guy can give me a free pie after buying ten- I feel Blizz can come up with something interesting.

Well the point is to reward those who are loyal to the game. And if it causes some people who are or potentially would be teetering on the edge of sub or not, maybe they would stay because of the exclusive rewards. Keeps the game fuller with more people, keeps server populations higher, and gives a nice reward to those who stay.

Those who would unsubscribe would do so anyway.

Whats wrong in rewarding people for being loyal to a product? Lots of companies do it.
    Nothing Jay mate.

People are just trying to find fault with your idea probably because of their own personal issues with you.

Just ignore it. Your idea is great and I'd be all for it. Except maybe the XP thing but the rest for sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Fine by me.
    Wouldn't like the XP thing, but free character transfers sounds great
    Yeah the XP thing I figured would be good to put in there at that time because thats around the time people start focusing more heavily on alts in preparation for the next expansions. It wouldn't have to be an xp boost, but anything else would be fine imo. Again, these are just ideas for loyalty rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    The key to this is that the player is not locked into a year subscription like the annual pass, but IF they keep their sub active, they get the rewards posted. They would have the keep their sub active the entire time from the START of the BfA expansion to get the rewards at those intervals.

The moment they let their sub lapse, lets say for example after 9 months from the start of BfA, they would get "The Dedicated" title, but nothing else, even if they re-subscribed, they would be unqualified to receive the other rewards.

If someone kept their sub active for 17 months, they would get the title, pet reward, and 1 free character service, but nothing else. Make sense?
    Made sense the first time I think it's a good model, I just don't know how I feel about adding non-cosmetic rewards as eventually that could lead to pay2win. Mounts, pets, titles, moggable outfits etc. would do just fine in my opinion.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the XP thing I figured would be good to put in there at that time because thats around the time people start focusing more heavily on alts in preparation for the next expansions. It wouldn't have to be an xp boost, but anything else would be fine imo. Again, these are just ideas for loyalty rewards.
    For sure! I really would like a loyalty reward scheme, as long as it's fair, fine by me, welcomed infact!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    Made sense the first time I think it's a good model, I just don't know how I feel about adding non-cosmetic rewards as eventually that could lead to pay2win. Mounts, pets, titles, moggable outfits etc. would do just fine in my opinion.
    I agree

I didn't think xp boosts that late in the expansion would amount to pay-to-win, but yeah it was just a suggestion. Something like the list I proposed im sure Blizzard could do a fine job implementing and give players some cool stuff for being loyal fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly.

Plus you could just throw game time cards on and get them sooner if you want since that applies 60 days regardless of having a sub or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrael's Charger wasn't an exclusive reward to those who bought it?

Veteran rewards have been in games for a long time. FF14 offered some cool stuff like mounts, pets and cosmetics for it back when the system was in.
    It is exclusive to those that completed the annual pass. Yeah sure you could have enjoyed the mount and d3 by signing up but if you missed a month you got everything taken away.

The annual pass wasn’t a lock in like the premier club in runescape. You signed up for it promising you would pay for a year of wow. Forgot to pay the full year at month 11 and quit wow? The charger and d3was gone.

Most people did it for mop beta access anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I love it Jay mate.

As per usual you come up with amazing and brilliant ideas for this game.

FF14 used to have big monthly rewards but they changed it recently but I liked that. Gave you an incentive to keep subbed.
    Thanks @Eleccybubb, it would definitely be a generous gesture from Blizzard if they did something like this. I would love it.

Sometimes all it takes is some cool loyalty item or reward for people to make the decision to spend money on a game. When SWTOR did the rocket boots reward awhile back, i re-subscribed to get them, and i stayed subbed for another few months because I was enjoying playing the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like these kinds of rewards, its too similar to preorder bonuses and other crappy modern videogame industry schemes. So.. even if i plan to play for a year straight i won't be using it, unless it's a 50% discount we are talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    i don't like these kinds of rewards, its too similar to preorder bonuses and other crappy modern videogame industry schemes. So.. even if i plan to play for a year straight i won't be using it, unless it's a 50% discount we are talking about
    This. Also it's dividing even further community. But who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    It is exclusive to those that completed the annual pass. Yeah sure you could have enjoyed the mount and d3 by signing up but if you missed a month you got everything taken away.

The annual pass wasn’t a lock in like the premier club in runescape. You signed up for it promising you would pay for a year of wow. Forgot to pay the full year at month 11 and quit wow? The charger and d3was gone.

IIRC, they made you sign a contract, and you had to have your credit card on file to be automatically charged if you didn't pay by other means (game time cards). It was only those who actively removed their credit card from the site and Blizzard was unable to auto charge them who got their mounts taken away.

You should probably get your facts straight before posting next time. Just sayin'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Is there something wrong with a company rewarding loyal customers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    This. Also it's dividing even further community. But who cares?
    How is it "dividing the community"?

Its a simple rewards program designed to reward those loyal to the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post

Doesn't matter. It's still exclusive.

since i've never unsubbed since release I'm all for it
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Would you be in favor of a WoW: BfA loyalty program where if you stay subscribed consecutively for 6 months from the start of BfA, and continuing on to 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 21 months, 24 months etc, you get rewards?

Lets say the rewards could be something like:

• 6 Months - Title Reward: The Dedicated
    • 12 Months - Pet Reward: (some BfA themed exclusive pet)
    • 15 months - 1 Free Character Service (race change, faction change, server transfer)
    • 18 months - Mount Reward: (an exclusive BfA themed mount)
    • 21 Months - 1 month 300% exp reward tied to your account (can level alts faster for 1 month)
    • 24 months - Mount reward (exclusive next expansion themed mount)

Now these are just examples, but would you be in favor of this, or something like this for all players who stay subscribed for the entire time without unsubscribing? WoW tokens would count toward your subscription, but if you let it lapse, you wouldn't be eligible for any rewards past the time you let your sub lapse.

This would be amazing, and I would love if Blizzard did something like this for their loyal fans through out the next expansion.
    To bad it wont happen and post like this are pointless =/

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    To bad it wont happen and post like this are pointless =/
    And yet you respond to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there something wrong with a company rewarding loyal customers?
    "Buy our shit in advance and we will give you stuff!" is not a reward for loyal customers, it's basically a preorder bonus.

A statue that some players got who were subbed for 10 years is a loyalty reward tho. But pandaria (or was it in cata?) scheme and what you are describing is not a loyalty reward
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I wouldn't like it, no. At least on that model.

It would just cause frustration on people who want to take a break or stop for a while, and realize they'll lose big rewards, probably not returning at all, or they'd have to waste money to just keep the account going, especially if you get exclusive stuff as suggested.

Annual Pass offering a free upcoming game made sense, and even if i didn't get it, i thought it was great for those who did, but you wouldn't lose anything if you didn't.
    The easy way to fix the issue of frustrated people who take breaks is to adopt a model that has worked pretty well for many older MMOs in the past. Take Ultima Online for example; you were given access to whatever the veteran rewards were in tiers; say like 1 year, 2 year, 3 year etc. They based it on the total age of your account while active; so if you had it active for 6 months, then unsubbed, the timer would kick on again whenever you resubbed. So taking a break would effectively just delay your accrual of the veteran rewards.

FF14 does a similar model that is just measured in months paid; which actually even lets people gain access to veteran rewards without having to wait by simply paying for time in advance.

Either of the above two systems would be worlds better than punishing people who either take breaks or simply unsub for awhile due to being responsible adults and triaging expenses if they've fallen into some hard times. Those who never needed to unsub would get either more veteran items or more unique ones due to having more time active; while those who came back would simply go right back to accruing that time- no short end of the stick.

As for what's actually given out? Tricky. Though I don't see any issue with SOME services being given like a character re-customization/race change (within the same faction). Otherwise mounts, pets, tabards, titles, transmogs and the like I think would be good. I they ever added something like dye tubs to the game they could include unique dyes as well.