Thread: Forgotton Anne

Forgotton Anne

A Studio Ghibli inspired game!

Can a game like this become a hit?

Is this the next Ori or Child of Light?
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2018-05-12 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    A Studio Ghibli inspired game!

Was going to congratulate you for making a decent thread for once without any obsession over military, sci-fi, or politics but then you had to say that. I can only assume this is because your other thread was closed.

On-topic: Game looks interesting. Comments are saying the artstyle and animation look good but I can't help but see some rough bits during certain parts of the trailer.

Is this the next Ori or Child of Light?
    Your first good thread, on a game that could be interesting and few people know about and you throw in these random comparisons tsk tsk.

It's not a metroidvania so how does it compare to Ori?

It's not a RPG so how does it compare to Child of Light?

It actually doesn't look like much of a game, but could be interesting if the story is good enough. The "platforming" literally looks easier then a Mario tutorial and not much there outside of an occasional jump, without actual window of failure it looks like. The "game" this would probably most compare to is Take me to the moon, a more pretty approach to that style of walking VN type gameplay.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-05-12 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Your first good thread, on a game that could be interesting and few people know about and you throw in these random comparisons tsk tsk.

It's not a metroidvania so how does it compare to Ori?

It's not a RPG so how does it compare to Child of Light?

It actually doesn't look like much of a game, but could be interesting if the story is good enough. The "platforming" literally looks easier then a Mario tutorial and not much there outside of an occasional jump, with actual window of failure it looks like. The "game" this would probably most compare to is Take me to the moon, a more pretty approach to that style of walking VN type gameplay.
    You can't die in it.
    https://www.usgamer.net/articles/forgotton-anne-review

Thanks for proving my point, it's not really a game and comparing it to Ori or Child of Light is silly. Just another stylized take on VN.

cant you kill all the story characters in that game as well? a bit dark for ghibli lol