Deleted

Havoc Demon Hunter PvP - Tips & Tricks (please share yours)

Hello
    I've been having tons of fun in random BG's with Demon Hunter Havoc and i just wanted to share all the knowledge i gathered so far in one place. I hope you enjoy
    (please share your tips and tricks so i can add them to the initial post)

General Guidelines
    -Ask the leader of the BG to mark the healers of your team. Your entire playstyle is different when there are healers near you and you need to be aware of your surrondings.
    Before jumping to the fight, study the situation. Do you have healers near you? If you don't, be cautious and don't jump on top of 5 enemy players.
    Stay back and attack players out of position.
    Live by this rules

Tips & Tricks

"Walking Time Bomb Spec"
    I like to call the spec of "Nemesis + Chaos Blades" the walking time bomb spec.
    Every 2 min you have a buff of 35% more damage to melt other players.
    How to use it?
    Generate fury to the max, use Chaos Nova, use a macro with "Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Fury of the Illidari" and spam Chaos Strikes (with the Talent Demonic Appetite)
    With Demonic Appetite you can get orbs of fury mid burst and spam a lot more chaos strikes on your burst.

"Bobbing and Weaving"
    This is a technique of survival when you don't have Blur or Darkness. Is an evasive maneuver to deal damage at the same time you are running away.
    Watch the video for details.
    Basically this technique consists in kiting your oponent with Fel Rush and Vengeful retreat and once the enemy is near you, use Blade Dance and keep running away with Fel Rushes. Don't forget to also use Throw Glaives while you are running away.
    Every time your enemy FINALLY catches you...use Blade Dance to dodge attacks.

"Netherwalk + Bandage"
    You can use Bandages on Netherwalk, even with other players attacking you.
    For the duration of Netherwalk you can heal up to 800k health.
    Video for more details

"(Not So) Secret Technique of immortality"
    Darkness + Blur
    If you want to take almost zero damage for a period of time, use Darkness and Blur at the same time.
    Don't forget to pick the Honor Talent "Cover of Darkness" for this to work.
    I've had situations where i was at 1% HP and i survived for the entire duration of Darkness + Blur buffs.

"Be Prepared"
    You can buy PvP Potions on the vendor next to the PvP transmog sets in Dalaran. For 1 Mark of Honor each.
    Both this potions share the same cooldown. Decide to buy only one of them or both.
    Buy:
    Potion of Defiance: Reduce all damage taken by 20% for 12 sec
    and
    Saltwater Potion: Increase all damage done by 30% for 12 sec. Only usable in battlegrounds.

Make macros with them:
    1)
    /cast Nemesis
    /cast Chaos Blades
    /use Saltwater Potion
    /cast Fury of the Illidari(Artifact)

2)
    /cast Blur
    /use Potion of Defiance

"Reverse Magic is your Friend"
    Pick the honor talent Reverse Magic to get rid of Roots, Frost Novas, Warlock Dots and all magic debuffs.
    You can also dispel your friendly players nearby.

"Fury Management"
    Don't start using Chaos Strikes before having MAX Fury.
    First build up your Fury and then spam Chaos Strikes.
    Try to synergize your MAX FURY with cooldowns of damage like Metamorphosis or Chaos Blade and Nemesis.
    If other players are attacking your target, wait for the right time to start bursting.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-10 at 06:52 PM.