Poll: Who?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    The name "Hord" is referred to the "First Hord" coming from Draenor and mostly populated by Orcs (with few Ogres).

So a lot of people mistakes this "Hord" and Azeroth's Hord, and claims that Hord should be represented by Orcs.
    This is horseshit.
    It's the same Horde, it just evolved. Orgrim passed over the mantle of Warchief to Thrall pretty much meaning the line of succession was unbroken. Thrall just evolved it into what we know of it in WC3 and WoW. Much like the Alliance they are both still the same organizations that appeared in the old RTS games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    maybe as well change the name cause, screw what mean to be horde, lets be a red alliance.

The name i propose should be Elfliance or The elf Bangaloo
    What are you talking about? Over the years the Alliance has been losing the individual identity of its races.

I understand of course at it's core the Alliance is supposed to be a collective of allied sovereign nations, however in recent times it no longer feels that way.

If anything the Modern Alliance is more like the traditional Horde. Giving more identity to the racial leaders in a council would separate the Horde from the Alliance not make them more similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think there will be no more warchief and instead open an assembly of representatives who in times of conflict will choose a military commander to lead the army temporarily
    Well that might actually be good for the Horde and could spread screen time out over the characters far more evenly.

Plus no more musical warchiefs or the risk of having someone like Baine taking over and surrendering to the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    What are you talking about? Over the years the Alliance has been losing the individual identity of its races.

I understand of course at it's core the Alliance is supposed to be a collective of allied sovereign nations, however in recent times it no longer feels that way.

If anything the Modern Alliance is more like the traditional Horde. Giving more identity to the racial leaders in a council would separate the Horde from the Alliance not make them more similar.
    you basically are saying to make the horde an old alliance is better, because the alliance is becoming the old horde, you know this sounds rly bad right?

god forbid to make the horde more Horde
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-29 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you basically are saying to make the horde an old alliance i better, because the allince is becoming the old horde, you this sounds rly bad right?

god forbid to make the horde more Horde
    The Horde needs to evolve.

Look at what having a single leader did to the Alliance; They're boring as hell and stagnant.

A Horde council of warchiefs would ensure every race is represented so the Horde wouldn't just become whoever is sat in the magical chair anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Ji Firepaw!

The Pandaren, have suffered more than any other, from the unstable leadership of the Horde.
    Ji probably still can't even walk properly after being speared in SoO

15+ Year Old Account
    Varok is old, I imagine he'll die before long, so his reign would be short anyway. I think that puts him out of the running.

Of those listed, only Baine really makes sense to me. He's the most level-headed, has no political baggage, and is well-regarded within both the Horde and Alliance.

Lor'themar would be an interesting choice because he's one of the more competent leaders and has a lot of experience, while finding no joy in the position; he does rules as Regent because it's his duty, not because he has any grand designs or ulterior motives.

Beyond them, there's always Rexxar, Champion of the Horde. He has the look, attitude, and mentality for it, and he's long been suggested as a sort of Conan-style reluctant ruler who doesn't want the job and is the perfect fit for that very reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Horde needs to evolve.

Look at what having a single leader did to the Alliance; They're boring as hell and stagnant.

A Horde council of warchiefs would ensure every race is represented so the Horde wouldn't just become whoever is sat in the magical chair anymore.

the horde don't need to evolve like that, to be another thing, is bad, will break and ruin all the felling of what is horde, the Horde we know from the RTS games, i preffer to stay with sylvanas than the warchief thing end

Like i said, to make this shit, is better as well change the name, since no one give a damn about anymore
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-29 at 01:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    A Horde council of warchiefs
    Warlords, you mean? Like... the Warlords of Kalimdor?

10+ Year Old Account
    the horde don't need to evolve like that, to be another thing, is bad, will break and ruin all the felling of what is horde, the Horde we know from the RTS games, i preffer to stay with sylvanas than the warchief thing end

Like i said, to make this shit, is better as well change the name, since no one give a damn about anymore
    How will it break the horde? It's a change in leadership style, since warchief's have so far just make us the bitch faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Warlords, you mean? Like... the Warlords of Kalimdor?
    Could work, sure. Slight reference to a bad expansion aside.

I want Saurfang but i have a feeling Thrall will come back if anything happens to Sylvanas.

Blizz just loves Thrall too much to not have him front and centre of the Horde again.

Undead Varian Wyrnn.

That should result in some fantastic story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    The name "Hord" is referred to the "First Hord" coming from Draenor and mostly populated by Orcs (with few Ogres).

So a lot of people mistakes this "Hord" and Azeroth's Hord, and claims that Hord should be represented by Orcs.
    This is horseshit.
    Our Hord, that gathers a lot of other races than orcs (and they outnumber the orcs by faaaaar since Azeroth's orcs are refugees or ex-prisonners from 2nd war) should be represented by a leader (a LEADER not an unknown grunt or a second hand character) that understands the struggle of EVERY races in the Hord to survive on Azeroth.

Sylvanas was there during the 3rd war, she broke the chains from her master (Lich King), she found a reason to live (revenge on the Lich King) she found a reason to continue (even after the Lich King's death). And she's been appointed as a Warchief, and she learned hard what it was like to wear that mantle.

She lost her city (Lordaeron) and a lot of her people's trust (because of the Desolate Council).

Saurfang is an awesome warrior, experimented, but his life is behind him and he lost his son.
    Lorthemar? He's just a mayor...
    Baine? Still training
    Gallywix? The pay is not big enough

Let Sylvanas lead the Hord, we're not Teddy bears.
    Horde. Please.

No Sylvanas is a manipulative bitch who cares about her own death over everything else. This so called warchief made a freaking pact with Helya for crying out loud! THE WARCHIEF! MADE A PACT! She is weak, cowardly and full of deciet. She's no warchief, she's a usurper. The only reason Vol'jin appointed her was to piss her off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall, and if not then Varok, The horde just feels so hollow these days it needs something to raise it up again, and sylvanas isn't the one to do that.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Magatha, she's the one.
    I... I actually want this to happen. Really. I want Magatha to usurp the throne and have her people subjugate the other races. I want everyone to hate her but to be unable to do anything about it and comply. I want totalitarianism. And I want it to last.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-12-29 at 03:06 AM.

I still feel that we were robbed of Lor'themar as Warchief after the foreshadowing in patch 5.1.

Baine, Lor'themar, Saurfang would be a good choice. Well Thrall..Yeah, I don't mind. And about Sylvanas, I don't like Sylvanas. But I just don't want horde-warchief to die in a row.
    Last edited by lofftty; 2017-12-29 at 10:50 AM.

Depends on what the raid in which we kill him would be like.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree, with only one suggestion you made and that's the simple fact that the Horde is no longer a fitting name for the faction.

The Horde needs to evolve because it is no longer Orcs and "friends", the Horde is a collective of very different people who are united because of the Alliance. Diversity is the new Strength of the Horde, and the leadership and structure of the Horde should reflect that.

The Horde of old was about bringing Trolls and Tauren into Orcish culture, it was a homogenizing other cultures. To the point that in the old unique priest quests the Troll priests talk about how they can't practice their true culture because of the Orcish costumes. Now it did not strip away all identity but at the end of the day you were Horde, you were part of that Orcish culture.

With the editions of the Forsaken, Blood Elves, Pandaren (For what little representation they have.), Goblins, Highmountain, Nightborne, and Zandilari. The Horde is growing more and more diverse with time. That diversity needs to be represented. Some of said mentioned races are not too keen on embracing the Horde culture at the stake of their own, hell with the example I gave with the old troll priests quests the Troll priests kept the old ways but in secret.

Now I could go into the downfall of Garrosh and how the homogenization of cultures could easily be attributed to it- but the direction I'd rather take this on how Horde identity can evolve rather than explain Garrosh since there have been far too many threads dedicated to that over the years.

In the past Orcs defined the horde, they were the center the heart if you will. Now what defines the Horde is actually it's enemy the Alliance. The Horde has become the races the Alliance view as the mongrels of the world, the races that need to be kept in check, the untrustworthy trouble makers. Orcs of course being one of those races, but the focal point no longer. Blizzard lacks the balls to rename the faction and shake up the position of Warchief, but the faction's terms are dated.

To make it simple, the Horde is already broken. In my opinion there is no satisfying fix to it. Vol'jin was a band-aid, Slyvanas is a band-aid, neither fix the problems, or the holes left in the Horde after SoO.

But please, I'd like to hear what you mean by "Making the Horde more Horde." Maybe you can convince me, but so far your entire argument has boiled down to. "I don't like change."
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-12-29 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    To make it simple, the Horde is already broken. In my opinion there is no satisfying fix to it. Vol'jin was a band-aid, Slyvanas is a band-aid, neither fix the problems, or the holes left in the Horde after SoO.

But please, I'd like to hear what you mean by "Making the Horde more Horde." Maybe you can convince me, but so far your entire argument has boiled down to. "I don't like change."
    The horde was never a homogenization, it is mean Horde bcause is a group not organized, thats why we need a warchief, every race have his own agenda, his own customs, The warchief is the guy to force something when situation need, regardless the race.

The thing with trolls and taurens is they have a similar culture with shamanism and the spirits, thats why work so well, its not homogenization of orc culture, is much more about the races learning each other customs ( trolls could practice all their culture, the only thing forbidden was cannibalism, in orgrimmar).

Sure the other races joined the Horde, they should be represented, but it not need to broke the very pillars of the horde, who is build by orcs and enforced by trolls and taurens, The main and core races, same way the humans and dwarfs define the alliance.

The horde core was all about tribal, shamanism, monsters, spirits and nature, with other races giving new flavor like blood elves and undead, but always maintaining the core.

This is the way to fix it, put a Warchief orc again, bring the roots of spiritism and shamanism and give other races their own focus and representation, like it was before

We chose to play Horde, because it is Horde, it can evolve to be a better Horde, not a worse alliance.