Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gallywix's people [spoilers!!!]

Who are Gallywix's "people'? Why does he think that they can handle the Alliance? Did he hire Azeroth's top 20 badasses to take care of the Alliance problem once and for all? I looked all around Silithus and the only people from Gallywix that I found were incompetent goblin mooks sleeping on the job. Did the Alliance find out about the mining operation in Silithus because Gallywix's "people" sold out information about it? It's mind-boggling why Sylvanas would think that Gallywix's mysterious badasses could handle the mining operation themselves when the Horde has the Kor'kron ready to kick some Alliance all day long and Nathanos' Deathguard.

Deleted
    He was probably talking about the goblins in there, or someone else we don't know about yet.

I don't know about Horde martial might... Where were the Kor'Kron and deathguard while Vol'jin was getting his ass kicked by "a.random.felguard.001" and Thrall was being a little girl on the ground? :P

You assume that Gallywix is an effective leader.
    Despite his political status, he's still an entrepeneur at heart, with profits in mind, and little else.
    So yes, he's confident a few mooks will be enough to protect the excavation or even keep away all prying eyes.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

He meant Goblins for mining Azerite... wasn't that obvious?

He was just saying that his people (the goblins and other workers in the camp) were taking care of keeping the azerite mining a secret.

Then we immediately see that the Alliance has just discovered his operation.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix's people is most likely the glorious Gob Squad, other Goblins and the Hobgoblin grunts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't confuse quest and gameplay mechanics for narrative elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    He meant Goblins for mining Azerite... wasn't that obvious?
    Yes, it was obvious. Gallywix overestimated his workers' output, because he's a businessman selling his business to the Warchief, and it worked. He played his hand and Sylvanas gave him support (the Horde player champions, as backup) so he can continue his mining business. This thread is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    I don't know about Horde martial might... Where were the Kor'Kron and deathguard while Vol'jin was getting his ass kicked by "a.random.felguard.001" and Thrall was being a little girl on the ground? :P
    As the Warchief, Vol'jin was the front line. He was probably the first to charge into battle.

Deleted
    He literally said that the Alliance doesn't know about it, meaning, why would he feel the need to protect the goblins from the Alliance if they're not even there?
    We, the players, gets to see the Alliances presence, but Gallywix doesn't know at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he thinks the alliance doesn't know, why announce their presence by having half the horde army go there? It makes perfect sense to keep it on the dl.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Horde players are "Gallywix people". The first thing they ask of us when we reach Silithus is to kill Alliance spies.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Horde players are "Gallywix people". The first thing they ask of us when we reach Silithus is to kill Alliance spies.
    Nah, he meant someone(s) else. Nathanos specifically notes that Gallywix did not want the player going down to Silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Nah, he meant someone(s) else. Nathanos specifically notes that Gallywix did not want the player going down to Silithus.
    Then he is talking about his incompetent minions.
    There is not much to read here, Gallywix just said that so Sylvanas wouldn't mess with his operation. He just wants to profit.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

They probably didn't expect bird scouts.

Altough any Druid flying over Silitus would've found out the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Don't confuse quest and gameplay mechanics for narrative elements.
    Exactly what I was trying to point out in my original post. Sylvanas is the Warchief of the Horde and is therefore the supreme commander of the Horde's military might. Gallywix isn't a fool and he knows what he's dealing with so he wouldn't just send miners with zero combat experience to mine something as groundbreaking as Azerite. He's got "people" providing security for the mining operation and dealing with any Alliance problems which might arise. Those people are obviously badasses (or Gallywix at least believes them to be badasses) since apparently they can take care of the Alliance (otherwise Gallywix would have asked Sylvanas to dispatch the Kor'kron or the Deathguard to secure the dig site, losing profits to Alliance's meddling isn't in his interests). So how come Gallywix has these previously unheard of badasses? Did Gallywix hire one of the Trade Fleets mentioned previously in the lore? Or did he just hire mercenaries?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Trade_Fleets

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    As the Warchief, Vol'jin was the front line. He was probably the first to charge into battle.
    Your so horrible wrong. Garrosh was on the front line all the time, in ashenvale twilight highlands org ship battle ect.

Mob bosses always have "people." Just goons and hired toughs. I think it was just a dialect choice based on his character instead of indicative of specific other characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Your so horrible wrong. Garrosh was on the front line all the time, in ashenvale twilight highlands org ship battle ect.
    What could this possibly have to do with Garrosh, since he died before the invasion?

Vol'jin was on the front lines of this attack, not the only Warchief to do so.

Deleted
    Gob squad maybe?