Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    There's hardly any songs out there anymore that isn't so vain or girly to be fair.
    - There's a shit-ton of songs where its about a breakup, a girl, or a crush
    - There's little to no creative songs out there close to even things like Stairway to Heaven or songs with deeper symbolism or creative lyrics even with the same focus.

I don't believe the music industry has evolved the better. With so many artists with so few with creative touch. But alas, I can only speak from my own tastes and displeasure for lyrical music in the current day. I'm also one for classical or instrumental compositions.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    There's hardly any songs out there anymore that isn't so vain or girly to be fair.
    - There's a shit-ton of songs where its about a breakup, a girl, or a crush
    - There's little to no creative songs out there close to even things like Stairway to Heaven or songs with deeper symbolism or creative lyrics even with the same focus.

I don't believe the music industry has evolved the better. With so many artists with so few with creative touch. But alas, I can only speak from my own tastes and displeasure for lyrical music in the current day. I'm also one for classical or instrumental compositions.
    Where do you guys even get the idea, that is anything even close to the truth, from?

I do find there's way less girls into rock now, and even girls that used to be are all into Pop/Dance/Electro now. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with social media generalizing people's interests.

Deleted
    atleast he didnt go full fucking morrissey.

Deleted
    The entire discography of U2 is pretty damn "girly" to a metalhead. Having said that, Bono ain't wrong. Music has become horrible. Metal is dying. Hippidy hoppidy and bleepidy bloopidy (and not the good kind) songs, as well as vapid, pointless RNB and pop songs have become even more mainstream if it's even possible. That's not to say there aren't some great pop artists as well. I'm just talking about the fodder that makes up most of what's on the airwaves. It's just mostly crap. I wouldn't call it "girly" though, honestly.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-12-29 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The entire discography of U2 is pretty damn "girly" to a metalhead. Having said that, Bono ain't wrong. Music has become horrible. Metal is dying. Hippidy hoppidy and bleepidy bloopidy (and not the good kind) and vapid, pointless RNB and pop songs have become even more mainstream if it's even possible. That's not to say there aren't some great pop artists as well. I'm just talking about the fodder that makes up most of what's on the airwaves. It's just mostly crap. I wouldn't call it "girly" though, honestly.
    Right, girly is the wrong word completely.

I'd accept soulless, repetitive, and without artistic merit as fine descriptors.

That said, there is plenty of good music out there. It just takes a little digging. For example, Spotify has a Discover Weekly playlist. Mostly I find crap on there, but I do find some interesting things.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I respectfully disagree. Rap is definitely not the only genre that channels the "young man's rage" as Bono called it.

Maybe music like rock and metal isn't as popular as perhaps it used to be, but they are still more than good enough for that purpose.

Lack of something in today's mainstream doesn't mean it's non-existent. Nor that we won't see a rise once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I, too, love blabbing nonsense.
    nonsense implies that you didn't understand what i said. is that the case?

a scrub buck is a genetically inferior specimen, or one who is injured in such a way to make it sexually unviable(such as a buck that has his testicles caught or hooked on a barbed wire fence).

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh huh

Deleted
    It's 2017, nearly '18, even. Rock is old. Metal is old. Punk is old. Hiphop and electronic music are simply much newer and still have more room to innovate. Not everything there's been done yet.

Also, for interesting new stuff you always had to look beyond the charts. Nothing new there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    sure buddy... had nothing to do with the fact there wasnt anything else like at it the time? n64 came a little later and then dreamcast. while the dreamcast was technically better it didnt last long till ps2 dominated. n64 held a niche market cause of games like zelda, mario, star fox and goldeneye 007
    You're welcome to Google the advertisement campaign

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Check out the popularity of Kpop and you will understand completely. Especially look at the "boy" groups from Kpop.
    But KPop is niche as can be

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    It's 2017, nearly '18, even. Rock is old. Metal is old. Punk is old. Hiphop and electronic music are simply much newer and still have more room to innovate. Not everything there's been done yet.

Also, for interesting new stuff you always had to look beyond the charts. Nothing new there.
    Much newer? Hiphop and Electronic have been around in mainstream since the 1980s, and there has been no more innovation in that time than in rock based genres. Tying musical innovation to genres is a bit silly to begin with, you're already boxing yourself in and stifling the idea.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What does he mean by "rock and roll"? Does he simply mean "rock"? Or rock and roll genre (Elvis whatnot). If it's the latter, I am fine without proper "rock and roll" music.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42502453

When I think 'manly music' U2 isn't exactly my immediate thoughts lol Also wtf is manly music
    Ha ha, so true. It is hilarious that Bono said this because many consider him to be the king of "chick rock."

I also disagree with him that "rage" is the heart of rock n roll. I would say "angst," which is different. I also can't imagine Bono with a lot of anger in him..... He must have done this interview after a few rounds at the pub or something.....

Deleted
    I do find it interesting how vastly different the music scene is country to country

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42502453

When I think 'manly music' U2 isn't exactly my immediate thoughts lol Also wtf is manly music
    When did people outside of gullible hippies ever give a crap about what Bono thinks?