Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    PS4 Controller for 3rd person games and the Xbox 360 for shooters

Xbox 360 controller is the most comfortably controller ive used, dont really like the console itself tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I don't consider that improving it, if anything it was worse. Gamecube never felt like it continued what the N64 was, sad times.

Also, I do like the playstation controllers but I get through so many of them, they break so easy. N64 controllers were indestructible.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tarter-success
    Not sure what you mean by n64 controller being indestructible but the stick broke quite easily while playing Mario party.

I'm surprised at the amount of people saying Xbox 360 over the Xbox One controller honestly.

To me, the Xbone has the straight up better version, and honestly, as much as I want to say another controller, the Xbone probably has the most comfortable controller to me.

Although special shout out to the Wiimotes, everyone seemed to hate them but I actually enjoyed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly felt no difference between the 360 and One controller. Love both

Loved the Gcube, the Wii U pro controller and the PS2 one

wired 360 (pc) followed by NES.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm surprised at the amount of people saying Xbox 360 over the Xbox One controller honestly.

To me, the Xbone has the straight up better version, and honestly, as much as I want to say another controller, the Xbone probably has the most comfortable controller to me.
    NO.. the 360 is a lot better. I needed to replace my 360 controller and I bought a XBOne controller for PC and tried using it for a few days until I gave up. Bought a new 360 wired controller and all was good again.. The distances between buttons is not 1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Xbox 360 controller is the most comfortably controller ive used, dont really like the console itself tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what you mean by n64 controller being indestructible but the stick broke quite easily while playing Mario party.
    I’ve got 4 controllers that all ages have played on them since 1996–1999, they all work perfect even to this day. I guess depends what you do with them on Mario Party lol

Not really a fair fight for the older consoles, as there has been new innovation with every generation.

My absolute favorite is the Gamecube controller, fits perfectly in the hand and has a great button layout which no one has copied since (for some reason). The negatives of this controller are the clunky clicks of the back bumpers and the C-stick. The bumpers do have a superior fit for your fingers though.

The runner up is the xbox 360 controller, which is just a great controller with no real downsides but also no innovation. The xbox one controller might be better though, haven't tried that yet.

Special shoutout to the Rift* Touch controllers, which feel great and will probably be the standard for VR-like controllers going forward.
    Last edited by Essenji; 2017-12-30 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Wrong VR kit lul

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not going to lie I hope you are being sarcastic. I know opinion's and all but as much as I loved the N64 the controller was soooooo bad.

I DON'T HAVE THREE HANDS NINTENDO.
    You don't need 3 hands, you either have D-Pad and Stick, Stick and Buttons or D-Pad and Buttons. Maybe you were a little young to appreciate it at the time but the basic idea of having one thumb move your character whilst the other shifts the camera/point-of-view has certainly had a long-lasting influence, as did the inclusion of an analogue controller that made games like Mario and Zelda so intuitive to control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    For most games M+KB is best. But not always. Try playing something like Hollow Knight or Ori and the Blind Forest with a keyboard and mouse. It's super irritating.
    I'm not a fan of KB+Mouse for most games, particularly ones where movement is important. I also hate how they change shooter games into a simple matter of clicking on heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering how you almost never needed the D-pad, it was almost pointless to put it on there. I think they did it just so people wouldn't complain about it, but it was rarely use in games.
    For Mortal Kombat 4 I always used the D-Pad and IIRC it was used for changing weapon in FPS games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You don't need 3 hands, you either have D-Pad and Stick, Stick and Buttons or D-Pad and Buttons. Maybe you were a little young to appreciate it at the time but the basic idea of having one thumb move your character whilst the other shifts the camera/point-of-view has certainly had a long-lasting influence, as did the inclusion of an analogue controller that made games like Mario and Zelda so intuitive to control.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a fan of KB+Mouse for most games, particularly ones where movement is important. I also hate how they change shooter games into a simple matter of clicking on heads.

- - - Updated - - -

For Mortal Kombat 4 I always used the D-Pad and IIRC it was used for changing weapon in FPS games like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.
    You could cycle through weapons via the menu, didn't matter much for single player games to be able to switch weapons real fast. Those games I beat on the hardest difficulties and never needed it. Loved em both though

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I’ve got 4 controllers that all ages have played on them since 1996–1999, they all work perfect even to this day. I guess depends what you do with them on Mario Party lol
    Tug o' war minigame @ Mario party destroys the stick..

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Xbox 360 controller is the shit, I use it for dark souls.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Dualshock 4 hands down. SNES controller and Dualshock 2/3 honorable mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I feel the same way about the white Xbone controller. It feels....like you said: Chalky. But also cheaper and flimsier. The 360 controller just feels sturdy. I think I could use it as a weapon, to be honest. Although I'll admit that I like the beveled edges on the triggers of the Xbone version.

The PS4 controller I have came with the console, and I mostly don't like it. It feels very small and cramped to my large hands. The triggers feel weak and flimsy, and I keep accidentally hitting the stupid center pad. I really wish I could just plug the 360 controller into the ps4 instead.
    Interesting that you put it that way because my white XO controller that came with my Xbox One S feels sturdier than the black controllers that came with my two original Xbox Ones. It’s also held up far better than the black ones did.

Of course, none of them hold a candle to the Elite Controller. Granted, its price is a hurdle that some people can’t get over, but the quality and feel of it is by far the best controller ever produced, IMO. I can’t go back to using any other controller now that I have my Elite Controller. The DS4 Controller for the PS4 really feels cheap in comparison.

I’ve also never understood how anyone with very large hands at all can comfortably use the DualShock controllers. My hands aren’t huge by any means but they’re large enough to constantly cramp up when using a DualShock controller. Y’all must have some freakishly small hands to be ranking a DualShock controller as your favorite.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-12-31 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    N64 one was great for its time but that was about it.
    The controller clearly wasn't able to withstand alot of use (the sticks wore out since it didnt have the ball design yet).
    Just picked up a N64 for nostalgia recently but the controllers are sooo light compared to current designs its weird to hold em.
    Gamecube one is likely my all time favorite.

Original xbox ones should have been considered weapons on their own, they had so much weight you could actually kill someone by throwing it at them.
    I thought the N64 controller was amazing as a kid. No I realize its because my hands were small. Remembered how we had 2 controllers with worn out joysticks that people who lost during x multiplayer game had to user. Oh and the red circle everyone got in their hand after hours of Mario Party. Wondered why my dad preferred to play with one of those ugly Mad Cat controllers, no I know why. Also couldn't play without the rumble pack due to how light the thing felt without it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I’ve also never understood how anyone with very large hands at all can comfortably use the DualShock controllers. My hands aren’t huge by any means but they’re large enough to constantly cramp up when using a DualShock controller. Y’all must have some freakishly small hands to be ranking a DualShock controller as your favorite.
    Agreed! When I was playing Bloodborne my hands would definitely start to cramp after an hour or so. Same with Battlefield 1(although playing that game for more than an hour was painful in other ways! XD )

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    wired 360 (pc) followed by NES.

- - - Updated - - -

NO.. the 360 is a lot better. I needed to replace my 360 controller and I bought a XBOne controller for PC and tried using it for a few days until I gave up. Bought a new 360 wired controller and all was good again.. The distances between buttons is not 1:1.
    Saying the 360 is better than the Xbone controller after mentioning the NES controller as top dog, strongly suggests your opinion is based on nostalgia, rather than use of comfort

Wiimote + Nunchuck or Joycons without the grip.

Wireless X-box 360 controller for PC is perfect IF you have the rechargeable battery pack.
    It's terrible with normal batteries, I've had lots of malfunction with that.
    Last edited by deepr; 2017-12-31 at 11:44 AM.

Switch Pro Controller is arguably the best controller currently out there. Much more comfortable than DS4 or XBO Controllers. Good weight, good feel to the buttons. Nintendo knocked it out of the park on this one.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

super Nintendo controller and PS4 controller