Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Someone who sets up a situation in which a reasonable person would expect someone could be killed is a crime. Why are you so irrational?
    It's Elim Garak we are talking about, he would argue the Earth is flat just to keep the argument going.

So, according to this, https://www.yahoo.com/news/alleged-s...223700818.html , the Swater said,

"People will eventually (most likely those who know me) tell me to turn myself in or something. I can't do that; though I know its [sic] morally right. I'm too scared admittedly," they wrote. They also said, "Bomb threats are more fun and cooler than swats in my opinion and I should have just stuck to that. But I began making $ doing some swat requests." The person also noted that the thrill of such hoaxes "comes from having to hide from police via net connections."

The death penalty would be too nice for that kind of trash.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    So, according to this, https://www.yahoo.com/news/alleged-s...223700818.html , the Swater said,

"People will eventually (most likely those who know me) tell me to turn myself in or something. I can't do that; though I know its [sic] morally right. I'm too scared admittedly," they wrote. They also said, "Bomb threats are more fun and cooler than swats in my opinion and I should have just stuck to that. But I began making $ doing some swat requests." The person also noted that the thrill of such hoaxes "comes from having to hide from police via net connections."

The death penalty would be too nice for that kind of trash.
    Ya after that throw his ass in jail for life..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    SWATS going into a situation think they need to save hostages, if you're opening the door, you're likely the person they're trying to neutralize, that's pretty simple. Maybe, instead of blaming police for once, we should actually logically look at this and think, "hey maybe we should make an example of this shit head kid so this type of stuff doesn't happen anymore".
    WTF, are you a veteran of some Vietnam genocide or what if first thing you can think about "neutralizeexecute the first person I see"? Pretty much every normal everyday man in this thread instantly thought about that it is possible that whoever opening the door could be hostage himself where criminal hides inside. You've got to be some kind of lunatic murderer to only think about "shoot whoever I see" and I'm not sure why people like that are allowed on SWAT teams.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    WTF, are you a veteran of some Vietnam genocide or what if first thing you can think about "neutralizeexecute the first person I see"? Pretty much every normal everyday man in this thread instantly thought about that it is possible that whoever opening the door could be hostage himself where criminal hides inside. You've got to be some kind of lunatic murderer to only think about "shoot whoever I see" and I'm not sure why people like that are allowed on SWAT teams.
    Let's say you're a cop.

You're responding to a location where the resident has admitted to shooting someone in the head with a handgun. That gun is still in their possession, and said they will not put it away especially if police arrive.

The suspect walks outside, initially responds to your order to put his hands in the air, but then turns to the side and reaches his hand to his waist.

What do you do?

Do you not think it is reasonable to assume he may have the gun that he admitted to having in his waist? Do you let him draw it first before you fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Cops in the US are trigger happy.
    Who wouldn't be if they have tons of white knights ready to support them? Like right in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Let's say you're a cop.

You're responding to a location where the resident has admitted to shooting someone in the head with a handgun. That gun is still in their possession, and said they will not put it away especially if police arrive.

The suspect walks outside, initially responds to your order to put his hands in the air, but then turns to the side and reaches his hand to his waist.

What do you do?

Do you not think it is reasonable to assume he may have the gun that he admitted to having in his waist? Do you let him draw it first before you fire?
    And this have ANY FUCKING RELATION to unarmed innocent man blamed by anonymous caller EXACTLY HOW?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

And this have ANY FUCKING RELATION to unarmed innocent man blamed by anonymous caller EXACTLY HOW?
    Because that is the information the police HAD. That is what they were going into.

The "annonymous" caller wasn't somoene calling in reporting something that they heard or saw. They called claiming to be the one who did the shooting, and sat on the call with the 911 dispatch for over 5 minutes.

Because that is the information the police HAD. That is what they were going into.

The "annonymous" caller wasn't somoene calling in reporting something that they heard or saw. They called claiming to be the one who did the shooting, and sat on the call with the 911 dispatch for over 5 minutes.
    So, SWAT is mindless murder-drones who kill whoever they're ordered to kill by voices over the phone. Got it, thanks.

Sorry, but even your example with armed man is too fucking outlandishly shitarded for me. Here where I live cops and SWAT open fire like once in a year at most. It was national news and outrage with several MPs swearing to keep investigation under control when few weeks ago fully armed SWAT team roughed up some bystanders in cafe where they were supposed to catch a entire criminal gang supposedly controlling a small town. Not "resident with a gun" from your example, but entire hall with about twenty-thirty and supposedly very dangerous people. 1) NOT A SINGLE FUCKING SHOT was fired, they've just roughed people up. 2) Even with "just roughing up" general public is already in uproar. It's absolute opposite to "so what that they executed random guy - they're cops, they're always right" attitude I see here. I'm not sure how this backwards logic is supposed to be even remotely acceptable to sane man.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2017-12-30 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah, you send a profession where the answer to a dangerous situation is to have their guns out, and if shit goes down the fucktards that started this all need to go to jail too. probably not for murder (Unless they have Swatting laws and "if someone dies while you comit a crime, its still murder" laws), but it was damn irresponsible.

At the very least, the family should sue the idiot CODer's (and likely the cop too) for everything they are worth and ruin their lives forever.
    It'd probably fall under Filing a False Police Report, which generally holds a similar level of offence to what you're falsely reporting. So for something like what he called in, a Felony most likely.

I'm not sure how you'd charge somebody in this situation though, since it also led to the death of somebody, possibly tack on reckless endangerment, or even manslaughter?

So, SWAT is mindless murder-drones who kill whoever they're ordered to kill by voices over the phone. Got it, thanks.
    They're answering to a very high-risk situation.
    They're not there to murder people, but makes sense they'll react heavily to any strange movement given the information they have.

They're not cops stopping people for speeding or skipping a red light, they're being sent under the impression there's been a murder, that there are hostages and that the person is armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Is it possible the asshole who posted the address didn't pull it strait out of his imagination?
    That's what I was thinking. Hypothetically speaking if I wanted to do this even if the road/city combination I invented was real there'd be no guarantee the address number would even exist. And besides that if player A wanted to get player B in trouble why would he just rail off some address that may or may not exist as a form of revenge?
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-12-30 at 03:07 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Interviews with the family say the man saw the police lights and heard commotion, so he went to the door and as he opened it the cop shot him.

No warning, no chance. He had no weapons and was not involved with any games.

The rest of the family was made to exit the home with their hands up, stepping over the body of their dying family member. They were then taken individually to the police station and grilled.
    I hope the cop gets tried and executed. I hope the guy who called in the swatting also gets tried and executed.

Everyone involved needs to be investigated and appropiate charges given.

The Swatters need to be punished and the trigger happy cop if it is revealed he opened fire when there was no threat to life needs to be punished too.

We need laws that really clamp down on this shit with draconian sentences to really give out the message.

When people was doing this we all said someone is gonna get killed by this and now someone has this shit has to stop now!

(Ive actually been SWATTED and its not something you want happening to you its a fucking scary situation)
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-12-30 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You fill a country with a bazillion idiots armed to the tooth, and you think the problem is with the police.

Yeah - and the reason I can't lose weight is that extra lettuce I eat each week.

Oh dear.
    Yes, the problem is the person who shot the unarmed man who had committed no crime.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even know what to say. People excuse police violence so much look how easy it is to use the police to try and kill another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yes, the problem is the person who shot the unarmed man who had committed no crime.
    Just to clarify reality for you:

The PROBLEM is the systemic abundance of arsenals.
    A SYMPTOM is the police officer over reacting to a dangerous situation.
    The SOLUTION is of course to continue to ignore the problem and put ones fingers in ones ears and yell nah, nah, nah !!!

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Sorry, but even your example with armed man is too fucking outlandishly shitarded for me. Here where I live cops and SWAT open fire like once in a year at most. It was national news and outrage with several MPs swearing to keep investigation under control when few weeks ago fully armed SWAT team roughed up some bystanders in cafe where they were supposed to catch a entire criminal gang supposedly controlling a small town. Not "resident with a gun" from your example, but entire hall with about twenty-thirty and supposedly very dangerous people. 1) NOT A SINGLE FUCKING SHOT was fired, they've just roughed people up. 2) Even with "just roughing up" general public is already in uproar. It's absolute opposite to "so what that they executed random guy - they're cops, they're always right" attitude I see here. I'm not sure how this backwards logic is supposed to be even remotely acceptable to sane man.
    So zero examples of your SWAT responding to a scene where there is a murder, hostages and an armed gunman. Just some anecdotal story about an altercation with "supposedly" dangerous people. Gotcha.

I must say iam sure cops in America get teased by each other if they havent lost there cherry IE havent killed someone.

Its almost like they are eager to notch one up to brag about it at the station!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    They're answering to a very high-risk situation.
    They're not there to murder people, but makes sense they'll react heavily to any strange movement given the information they have.

They're not cops stopping people for speeding or skipping a red light, they're being sent under the impression there's been a murder, that there are hostages and that the person is armed.
    But there was no high risk situation. The man was unarmed. There was no crime being committed by the murdered man.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's say you're a cop.

What do you do?

But what you are describing is a fictional situation that did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    But what you are describing is a fictional situation that did not happen.
    What I am describing is the exact information provided by the 911 call, and the video evidence shown by the police body cameras. Feel free to look it up and watch / listen for yourself.