Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    FOr the same reason Crit, Haste and Mastery exist - because some programmers wrote the code for it.
    This is astoundingly pedantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Im not talking about def rating. That was worthless once you were uncrittable. I'm talking about dodge rating, parry rating, and block rating. You'd never hit 100% on any of those and having a chance to block dodge or parry an attack is more interesting than a flat damage reduction, imo.
    You could hit caps depending on your class and the patch. Was it as easy as hit/exp no. Still nonsense stats based on rng. Tanking is much better with them removed and active mitigation in the game in its place.

- - - Updated - - -

I can say visually multistrike was one of my favorites. Watching 1 or 2 mini kegs follow a keg smash or a chain of chaos bolts was great.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what's funny?

Some classes Mastery also increases damage by a flat % yet provide x10 the stat weight that versatility does, rendering versatility even more useless than it already was.

The main problem isn't the stat itself and how boring it is, it's that it's "useless" for almost every spec in the game. You have a lot of specs who prioritize haste, mastery or crit and they're built around that stat being their main one. No spec has any meaningful interaction with versatility or want to stack it, which is why it's considered a crap stat by almost everyone.

They should replace it with something more interesting like armor/spell penetration for example and rework a bunch of specs around that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is astoundingly pedantic.
    Indeed, that's why it seemed entirely appropriate for a thread complaining about one of 4 bits of code to increase damage as if there is any real difference.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Dodge parry and blocks rating were far better than versa.
    I hated balancing dodge, parry and block with hit. It was annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodge parry and blocks rating were far better than versa.
    But they are only for physical attacks. As a warrior tank I like versatility because it's the only stat that decreases magical damage to me.
    If we get rid of it I at least want one magical resistance stat in its place. (but not multiple like in vanilla)

Deleted
    The only reason they removed stats becaus3 it became too hard to balance classes with hit and expertise caps vs say casters. Why bother when you can just tweak some numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Do you know what's funny?

Some classes Mastery also increases damage by a flat % yet provide x10 the stat weight that versatility does, rendering versatility even more useless than it already was.
    10x? I'd love to know a spec that's even 4x, considering nearly all specs aren't even in the 2x range.

to fuck my status thats why, crit is love is life
    Bitch Pls

Because they needed to remove a bunch of old stats and they wanted to pretend they aren't really removing them but switching them for something else.

Versatility is one of the best stats in the game if you are actually serious about playing it. Its a VERY good back up stat as it increases your survival. So if you consider it your worst stat, even if you get it its helping your character significantly.
    Meanwhile, if Multistrike was your worst stat it did absolutely nothing for you compared to the other stats.

If you get a full set focused on Leech, Avoidance, and with versatility pieces, you will immediately notice how much easier it is to survive on dangerous Mythic+ scenarios.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

What's exciting about multistrike? It's just crit by another name really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was rather lazy when they called multistrike another crit stat...because it was so much more than that and it had special interactions with some specs...really a shame they got rid of it as opposed to versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    No spec has any meaningful interaction with versatility or want to stack it, which is why it's considered a crap stat by almost everyone.
    Incorrect. Feral Druids (most of us) Love Vert.

Vert is my best stat, trumping even Agi for me as Feral by a far margin. Please throw more vert my way- I'll happily take it. I want to stack Vert at this point in my gearing and I already have 20% @ 960. Haste and Mastery are also both garbage stats for me. Crit is "meh..." in terms of stats.

For a more exact glance here's my vert to Agi stat weight:
    1 point Vers =33.95 dps
    1 point Agi=24.53 dps
    Last edited by RayenDark; 2017-12-31 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    What's exciting about multistrike? It's just crit by another name really?
    and versatility= agl,int str with take less damage
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think crit is the least fun. Getting a series of low numbers in a row feels very frustrating.

Enough of the game revolves around procs already, I'd like to not have the RNG gods double dipping on every cast.
    Have you ever had a look at the attack tables before they were simplified? You had a roll to see if you missed, hit normally, were dodged, were parried, were blocked, had your hit glance, or critted. Most of those have been removed one by one since BC. The attack table is simpler than it's ever been, attack and defense. I'm not sure how multi worked, but all the others were a single roll setup.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I like versatility. I stack it like mad as a tank. It's easier to negotiate than hit + expertise + parry + block + armor, sure, but whatever this isn't a mathematics game anymore. It's a lot more casual and let's face it, a gradual defensive stat like vers is easier to handle for programming bosses than random nukes from old multistrike.

Im not talking about def rating. That was worthless once you were uncrittable. I'm talking about dodge rating, parry rating, and block rating. You'd never hit 100% on any of those and having a chance to block dodge or parry an attack is more interesting than a flat damage reduction, imo.
    You don't know much about Defense Rating do you?

Defense rating translated down to dodge, block and parry.

For a block-tank such as a warrior or a paladin defense rating remained extremely useful after cap since you could eventually push hits completely off the table - paladins had an easier time of this than warriors. With the change to block being a percentage rather than a set amount it meant that you'd basically removed 30% of the physical damage from every enemy in the game.

For druids and death knights which were never block tanks it had very little use after hitting uncrittable. Since every other tank introduced after the death knight has lacked a block mechanic there really wasn't much need for Blizz to keep around a stat that was only going to be useful for 30% of the tanks.

Same deal with dodge, parry and block rating. If they can't be used to push your character to unhittable there really isn't a reason for them to be around. Also Blizz in general doesn't want our characters to have that high of a level of avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Crit is only really useful for DPS though, it's very often wasted for tanks and healers as you can't exactly expect a certain heal to be twice as effective.
    Holy Paladins are built around critical strike, and then Restoration Shamans, both Priest specs and Mistweaver Monks get a lot out of it as well. It all comes down to understanding your toolkit and how damage goes out on your group. It's also not at all a wasted stat for some tank specs. Once your survivability is good, you want to focus on damage to help your group kill things as quickly as possible. Crit is often the second best stat for that.