Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Alliance, if you knew Nightborne were going to Horde...

Would you have done the quests? If blizz had told you before this race was going to belong to the horde. Just curious what the ally thoughts are and Horde alike. I don't find them to be very interesting elves. They're just like the night elves honestly, narcissists and hypocrites that don't really do anything in the main wars. Yes I am calling night elves weak, after watching Malfurion and Xavius play prisoners together hundreds of times you start to realize the bad writing and voice acting is getting old and Malfurion is a complete coward compared to his brother.

Well sorry ally, it looks like when it comes to nature we got the wine loving elves and you guys are stuck with the tree-humpers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never did apart from getting the quests for Nightborne "mask" thingy

Please make another one called "Horde, if you knew the Lightforged Draenei were going to Alliance...", else this one is biased as fuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not Alliance myself, I would imagine it's the same deal as with helping the Lightforged now that we know they are going Alliance:

We help them in order for them to help us defeat the Legion. I think that would be reasonable enough to make sure Azeroth doesn't get destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Please make another one called "Horde, if you knew the Lightforged Draenei were going to Alliance...", else this one is biased as fuck.
    being biased in a game with 2 factions? unbelievable....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Would you have done the quests? If blizz had told you before this race was going to belong to the horde. Just curious what the ally thoughts are and Horde alike. I don't find them to be very interesting elves. They're just like the night elves honestly, narcissists and hypocrites that don't really do anything in the main wars. Yes I am calling night elves weak, after watching Malfurion and Xavius play prisoners together hundreds of times you start to realize the bad writing and voice acting is getting old and Malfurion is a complete coward compared to his brother.

Well sorry ally, it looks like when it comes to nature we got the wine loving elves and you guys are stuck with the tree-humpers.
    1. Nightborne are not Night Elves. Their ideals, practices, and values are incredibly different, and their bodies are completely different. They haven't interacted with each other for other ten thousand years. The only thing they have in common is a skin tone.
    2. Night Elves aren't narcissists, but Nightborne definitely are, as well as Blood Elves.
    3. Everything underlined is exclusively about Night Elves, so... Nothing to discuss there, unless you meant to make a thread about Night Elves and not Nightborne.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2017-12-30 at 07:01 PM.

Not as much as i did.The story was involving and made you care for the characters only for them not reconize your effort or feel any hesitation on joining the other faction not the act of joining the other faction.

Would probably let Thalyssra starve.

Edit:Now that i remember, i only completed the questline on my Dk and only the first stage on my mage to get the emissary quest, so technically she is starving right now...
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-12-30 at 07:04 PM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I don’t understand this. Nightborne going Horde was a decision that came after 7.0 was done and launched. It was made shortly before 7.1 was released and some of the 7.1 dialogue was re-written to start building a blood elf nightborne relationship that was non existent in 7.0

The statement doesn’t makes sense because at the time the nightborne weren’t going anywhere or joining any faction they were just trying to survive. But after we save them the blood elves really honour them and pander to them and though the night elves of the alliance are their kin they choose the blood elves because they feel more welcomed. It has nothing to do with when we were helping them. There are many of us who would choose our friends who are more appreciative of us over family who don’t seem that interested especially if we’ve learnt to live ok without them for a very very long time. It’s not perfect but it happens.

However it is odd they will go so far as to burning forests and killing night elves - that’s disappointing. I expected them to be more blood elf allies than invested full on horde members going along with every horde vendetta and being yes people to Sylvannas’ every whim.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2017-12-30 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes? For else you wouldn't have flight! Haha!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    It was the best of the initial Legion zones for story. The gameplay fell short at points (An illusion! What are you hiding?), but the way the story was fleshed out was very good. By the end of the story, you had saved a civilization and helped them break their addictions. I would have preferred if they remained a neutral race considering both factions saved them, but Blizzard didn't take that route.

Yes. The storyline and the zone were just that good. And we got to kill those guys A LOT, so we got a lot of practice already!

heh i only did it for flying and ap. no other reason to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is Alliance, but I have a couple of Horde alts and yes, I would have still done the quests, for the same reason I'll be doing the Zandalari quests to unlock them in BfA: Because I enjoy the story from all perspectives and I'm not some whiny 12 year old rabidly fanboying over a fictional faction.
    Doesn't matter if you're mainly Horde or Alliance, refusing to play part of the content of the game because it does not give benefits to your faction is childish at best.

Nope I'd let them fckin wither

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    being biased in a game with 2 factions? unbelievable....
    exactly. it's a two faction game. people are gonna be biased snowflakes get over it

Well yeah, still a solid story and a great zone. It's also not like I'm never allowed to play them or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you have done the quests? If blizz had told you before this race was going to belong to the horde. Just curious what the ally thoughts are and Horde alike.....
    Hmm. As a player, yes. I actually liked the Suramar quest line and the zone story.

In the context of the game (i.e. if I was RPing my character) and my character knew the Nightborne were going to join the Horde? No. I wouldn't help a people whom I knew was going to join my enemy no matter what I did.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-12-30 at 09:29 PM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes because if I cared enough about the lore to boycott in game content I would have left in WOD and never looked back.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I would have helped them, but really only have looked at it as if they were helping me kill Gul'dan.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I find this question to be fairly irrelevant in a game that lacks any real decisions to make. You can't impact the story, and the only meaningful choice you ever make in WoW is Horde or Alliance - and that's before you even start the game. Why worry about your role in the plot Blizzard's writers create when that role is non-existant anyway?