Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yes nobody should be allowed to make noise in their own house.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    @Katie N It could be worse, at least it is music! What we get are maniacs with dull drills trying to grind through 18 or more inches of brick with a dull bit (and I'm not altogether sure they know if the drill is actually set correctly to drill *in* to something).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Katie N It could be worse, at least it is music! What we get are maniacs with dull drills trying to grind through 18 or more inches of brick with a dull bit (and I'm not altogether sure they know if the drill is actually set correctly to drill *in* to something).
    I am used to construction sounds, engine sounds, kids making noise and honking but not music that makes the building shake because of bass and drown any other sounds out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yes nobody should be allowed to make noise in their own house.
    Noise is one thing, playing music so loud with so much bass that the building shakes and you can't hear anything else is another thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uh, no. Make a noise complaint to the police or your landlord if your neighbors music is too loud. Or you could, you know, ask them to turn it down.
    I have, they don't care.

What? No. Of course it shouldn't be against the law to listen to music in your own home without headphones.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Please list such places existing in civilised part of world for us all.
    Read the OP ? They said they were alone in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I have, they don't care.
    Then what makes you think making the music specifically illegal is going to accomplish anything? Looks like your problem is the laws surround this issue but the lack of enforcement.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Read the OP ? They said they were alone in the house.
    You are never completely isolated from the surroundings, even in own house.

Deleted
    I am used to construction sounds, engine sounds, kids making noise and honking but not music that makes the building shake because of bass and drown any other sounds out.

- - - Updated - - -

Noise is one thing, playing music so loud with so much bass that the building shakes and you can't hear anything else is another thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I have, they don't care.
    Call police then lol

What a weird thread

If its so high you can hear it in your on home there are likely already noise laws in place. Though sometimes those are weak, for example around where i live not much can be done till 11pm.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I guess your neighbours are pissing you off with loud music. If it was me I'd just put up with it if it was just 1 night. It is new years eve afterall. If it more often I'd go have a word with them and tell them to turn it down. If it's often and step one failed, then call the council and report it, keep logs etc. Calling the police doesn't work here. They just tell you it's not there problem lol. Maybe different where you live.

You are never completely isolated from the surroundings, even in own house.
    Its a non-starter to say "The OP is lying, so I'm gonna answer a different question!"

Deleted
    Its a non-starter to say "The OP is lying, so I'm gonna answer a different question!"
    I have no idea what you are talking about now.

wow... a lot of people here have never lived in an apartment, or don't have a job that they have to get up for (Common on MMO Champion)

Yes, it should be against the law to listen to music/TV/make any noise your neighbor can hear. I use a good pair of wireless headphones all the time for my PC and listen to the TV at low-medium volume. I have never had a complaint against me. I have had to threaten people more then once for being too loud in my life. First I ask nicely, then I ask sternly, then its a threat.... depends on the person. Threat of violence worked on one guy, for another guy a few years later I was night shift, he kept making noise during the day. I asked him to stop and he refused, so I just rang his doorbell multiple times a night every night until he couldn't take it and agreed to be quiet if I stopped. Just have a stern threatening presence AND back it up, you can usually get people to stop and do whats right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think it should be law to have to use headphones if listening to music instead of blasting on high volume on speakers if you are just alone in your home?
    Shouldn't be law but if the music is too loud from your neighbours, file a complaint. People have to be considerate about other people around.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Absurd. There are noise level laws.

Deleted
    No, it should not be a law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's the middle of the night and it's loud enough to bother the neighbours, then no.

I have no idea what you are talking about now.
    The OP said they were alone, your answer is predicated on the assumption that people are never alone.

Those are mutually exclusive.

The OP said they were alone, your answer is predicated on the assumption that people are never alone.

Those are mutually exclusive.
    Alone in their home. Others live around you.

Alone in their home. Others live around you.
    No, they don't.