Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Edit World of Warcraft 2020

Yes, because me stating that a darker chain would look better than the bright brown leather with her current colors means that I want everyone to look like a nun...

Nowhere did I say that I liked the updated model better, because I don't. I never had a problem with fantasy characters showing skin; I was just showing what I believe would look better than a bright piece of leather if blizzard wanted to cover her up.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's not the "leather piece" that's off... It's all about colours and other minor details, just look at her Warchief skin in HotS. It looks well because it's done correctly.
    I probably wasn't clear. The main issue I have isn't the leather itself, it's just the colors they chose - just as you said. Also having it being leather is fine, I just thought chain would look better.
    Last edited by Handsome; 2017-12-31 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no censorship. They changed it because they wanted.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that the previous model of Sylvanas is actually the ONLY one that has no armor in that area.

I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    Yes, because me stating that a darker chain would look better than the bright brown leather with her current colors means that I want everyone to look like a nun...

Nowhere did I say that I liked the updated model better, because I don't. I never had a problem with fantasy characters showing skin; I was just showing what I believe would look better than a bright piece of leather if blizzard wanted to cover her up.

I probably wasn't clear. The main issue I have isn't the leather itself, it's just the colors they chose - just as you said. Also having it being leather is fine, I just thought chain would look better.
    Wasn't specific in response to your edits, which were fine btw. It's more that the current prudishness trends, especially in the US, always make me think of those pictures of Tehran in the 1960's, and what came after.

Deleted
    I liked the old version better just because I'm used to it, the new version the brown color mismatches entirely with the other elements of her armor.

Making it the same color would solve my problems with the current model.

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    The one thing I dislike about the new model is the color choice for her chest piece. The brown doesn't seem to match the rest of her outfit, making the model change even more noticeable. Here's my quick, 2 minute edit which I believe would make her look better.

That looks a hell of a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the new Winter Veil clothing is covered up for females.

I think WoW want's to go PEGI -100.

15+ Year Old Account
    More than anything I'd rather they get her wc3 va back

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... Full scale war has broken out across the planet, you say? Better wear a bikini everywhere I go!

I've never understood that thought train. She's better off in full armor if she's going to lead the Horde.

Also, I'm betting she didn't get time to pack her wardrobe when her city was being conquered and she had to flee for her (un)life.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    So nearly every strong male character in WoW that is half naked is not a 13 year old girl's dream?

They were in a mak'gora, a duel in which you're supposed to wear nothing but loincloths. Male or female.

In a day and age when people believe you can censore yourself.

Its almost like theres a lot of male half-naked characters in this game.

And almost like its a theme for night elves, no matter the gender.

Even the newer designs.

And oh my gosh, even in the movie!

Wrong color choice, why make so much confusion about it?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    What is wrong with you people, why are you people even arguing about this now?, she's had this model for all of Legion, and it looks better aswell, specially in the cinematics. Get over it.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-12-31 at 08:08 PM.

OT: I don't mind censoring, I mind the wrong colors.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Edit World of Warcraft 2020

Edit World of Warcraft 2025

5+ Year Old Account
    "Waaaah! My virtual spank-material isn't quite so spanky as I want it to be! Better complain and pretend it's censorship rather than a company making the decision not to make spank material for me, anymore! Gotta create a nice slippery slope of burqas and nun's habits or dudes being shown as strong and shirtless to get people who are otherwise not interested in whacking it to pixelated nips to join my crusade to keep female video game characters sexy enough to beat it like a prisoner of war!"

Wait 2 months after this thread ends and do it again...

Bleh.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Damn I don't like the change. I liked her when she was in vanilla but the "new" look I got used to because it made more sense than having a night elf model for an undead leader. This "newer" model just looks freakin stupid. I'm not a fan of slutmogs on what seems like 99% of female characters but on her it looked good. Wasn't too revealing.
    Well, y'know, she kinda got shot in the guts. I think that might've influenced her decision.

Eh, I think that giving her a more functional garb makes it easier to take her seriously as essentially the Dictator of the Horde. Although it made a bit more sense as Banshee Queen of the Forsaken - she was simply wearing an altered version of the usual ranger garb, which had some practical reason to be so revealing, namely the fact that she'd be out in the forest for most of the time - it would be rather odd to see the Warchief of the Horde running around dressed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    "Waaaah! My virtual spank-material isn't quite so spanky as I want it to be! Better complain and pretend it's censorship rather than a company making the decision not to make spank material for me, anymore! Gotta create a nice slippery slope of burqas and nun's habits or dudes being shown as strong and shirtless to get people who are otherwise not interested in whacking it to pixelated nips to join my crusade to keep female video game characters sexy enough to beat it like a prisoner of war!"

Wait 2 months after this thread ends and do it again...

Bleh.
    You aren't reading the same thread as the rest of us. All I saw was people not complaining about her having midriff armor but the actual color. Or are you really this dense?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What is wrong with you people, why are you people even arguing about this now?, she's had this model for all of Legion, and it looks better aswell, specially in the cinematics. Get over it.
    I'd prefer her new armor addition actually match her color scheme instead of slapping on a crap-colored armor piece as though they were in a rush.