Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for male suits if anyone can help

http://www.theurbangent.com/2011/07/...att-bomer.html

I like this color... (first one the blue one). I thought that was a navy color but its noy anyone know where i can find a good suit dark blue like that but not too dark where it looks like black. I want the blue to stick out as blue but slighly darker. Basically like the blue on a can of Pepsi..with the shine and same color tone.

https://us.dolcegabbana.com/en/men/c...fD_BwE&start=3

Similar like this. Base color black and the design color dark red, gold or silver.

I would like both of these suits something like them but for a cheaper price if anyone knows anything or have one similar color and design and can point me out to a website that is cheap to get one.

Below 300 each would be nice. Below 200 would be great i dont care about brand aslong it matches preferences and doesnt look or feel cheap.

Any help would be great

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-01-01 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Infracted: spam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I second that. It's so empty.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-01-01 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Infracted: spam

10+ Year Old Account
    NEVER buy a suit that isn't black, grey, or blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Bright pink or cyan is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    This. Black, grey, or blue is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    Similar like this. Base color black and the design color dark red, gold or silver.
    That second suit is hideous.

I'm just gonna chime in and say I really like the blue suit with brown shoes/belt look in general.

Like dis (might need to zoom out when viewing image): https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bf/99/dc/b...mens-suits.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I'm just gonna chime in and say I really like the blue suit with brown shoes/belt look in general.

Like dis (might need to zoom out when viewing image): https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bf/99/dc/b...mens-suits.jpg
    yes i like that one also looking for something like that blue...or maybe slightly darker but that's good also but I'm looking for a good price if you know one.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in NY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    I second that. It's so empty.
    wtf, there's supposed to be a picture there.

Interesting...

yes i like that one also looking for something like that blue...or maybe slightly darker but that's good also but I'm looking for a good price if you know one.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in NY
    Here's a decent looking blue suit for your budget. I'm sure some snob will be here soon to say "lolBelk" but I've got some good shit from there before. Not sure if Calvin Klein are any good at making suits, though.

http://www.belk.com/p/calvin-klein-e...r=400286593605

It says 'Extreme Slim Fit' but doesn't look like it to me in the photo. Are you looking for a slim fit, or something more classic fitting? Can get 20% off if you sign up for their reward card, I don't think its a credit card or anything.

Deleted
    @Thwart you infracted some posts here but: What do you think about it?

Deleted
    Just go to the boutique that sells suits, shirts, they usually have the best advisers. They always help me and I don't buy stuff at super expensive boutiques, I usually go for middle price stuff and even though I own a lot of suits 'cause of my work I still listen to the staff there.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.theurbangent.com/2011/07/...att-bomer.html

I like this color... (first one the blue one). I thought that was a navy color but its noy anyone know where i can find a good suit dark blue like that but not too dark where it looks like black. I want the blue to stick out as blue but slighly darker. Basically like the blue on a can of Pepsi..with the shine and same color tone.

https://us.dolcegabbana.com/en/men/c...fD_BwE&start=3

I would like both of these suits something like them but for a cheaper price if anyone knows anything or have one similar color and design and can point me out to a website that is cheap to get one.

Below 300 each would be nice. Below 200 would be great i dont care about brand aslong it matches preferences and doesnt look or feel cheap.

Any help would be great
    Um if you're looking for a cheap suit then Dolce & Gabbana is definitely NOT the place to be looking LMAO But on topic I really can't suggest anything without knowing what this suit will be used for. Most colored suits look like crap unless you happen to be black and even then most of the time they still look like crap.

Not sure where you can get a decent suit for $300 or less, maybe Men's Wearhouse? Banana Republic if you are lucky to find something thats on clearance that fits you. Nordstrom Rack or whatever the Macy's outlet is called.

If these will be your first suits, I highly recommend you go with the classics--navy blue and dark or charcoal grey. I prefer pinstripe, but whatever floats your boat. You can never go wrong with a navy or grey suit--versatile for most functions. You can also wear brown or black shoes with either suit--even more versatility! Depending on the shade of grey, brown shoes can go with it. Charcoal grey or light grey, black shoes exclusively. Medium to darker grey, either brown or black shoes.

Wherever you get it, you need to make sure the jacket and pants fit nicely and are properly cut. There is nothing worse than a guy wearing a suit that's too baggy. Arms have to be proper length, sides have to be taken in to contour your torso and waist, the legs have to slim (not extra slim or tight--but slim) and the right length. I cannot stress that enough. Chances are, if you're buying off the rack, you'll need some tailoring anyway. Make sure the shoulders fit first--most of the other things can be taken in. Shoulders are a pain in the ass to adjust and not worth the money and effort to do so.

Experience: Wearing a suit everyday for work since 2006.

Edited to add: If you can stretch a bit more, maybe look at getting a custom one from Indochino.com or blacklapel.com. I don't have any experience with their suits, so I can't tell you about their quality. You can also get some customized ones from Brooks Brothers for $650.
    Last edited by Dwarfhamster; 2018-01-01 at 06:47 AM.

About the only advice I can give on suits is that if you're slender like me, try on some of those "slender fit" suits some brands have. Makes a huge difference. Regular suits seem to be made for people with the Penguin's body type.

What if it's black, grey and blue leopard print?

Checkmate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Checkmate.
    That there actually changes the "color" of it to be leopard print not just black, grey, or blue.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That there actually changes the "color" of it to be leopard print not just black, grey, or blue.
    No leopard print is just the pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    About the only advice I can give on suits is that if you're slender like me, try on some of those "slender fit" suits some brands have. Makes a huge difference. Regular suits seem to be made for people with the Penguin's body type.

Checkmate.
    I think I am on the opposite side of the spectrum but definitely not penguin style. I can't really do non tailored suits because my shoulders are so wide that the pants that come with them are like 2-4 inches too big... if this is a suit that you are going to be wearing regularly you don't want to go cheap and buy a 200-300 dollar suit that is ill fitting on your torso or waste. If you just need it as like a job interview suit or a wedding suit than you can probably go cheapo no problem but dropping that extra money on a well fitting suit 500+ is worth every dollar and more imo... Also what they said about colors is definitely true navy, gray, black... Once you own a good suit of all 3 of those colors thats when you can think about different colors but tbh you will still probably be better off just adding a different shade of gray/navy to your arsenal lol.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    SCNR but the problem reminds me of the solution for Agent 47, when he comes to Chicago for deadly and serious business: Tommy Clemenza, an italian (and blind) tailor.
    "Look...hand crafted wool, reinforced seams, invisible stitching. And, of course, silk linings."