Poll: Do you agree that they should also remain accessible?

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was "challenging" up to about 880 ilvl. Now that LFR + etc gets a newb to 950, I don't see why 120 would even make it noticeably easier.

It’s one of the biggest issues I have with wow and that is remove the ability to get content after it’s done. Just like the challenge modes before i hate the fact you can’t get those anymore. I get that it’s challenging but after a freaking year or a new expansion does it really freaking matter anymore? People like me just want the armor sets and gating some of the best looking art away to a select few forever has always been stupid imo.

Blizzard could set them to scale, thus giving the player-base challenging content to do, to unlock some sweet cosmetics, even for Expansions to come.

OR... Blizzard can lock it all behind this expansion, making you subscribe on the remaining drought until the new expansion comes out.

I wonder which option Blizzard will go for.

Had this been a base ilvl content similar to how mops dungeons worked that no matter how geared you were the challenge was the same for all, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    It’s one of the biggest issues I have with wow and that is remove the ability to get content after it’s done. Just like the challenge modes before i hate the fact you can’t get those anymore. I get that it’s challenging but after a freaking year or a new expansion does it really freaking matter anymore? People like me just want the armor sets and gating some of the best looking art away to a select few forever has always been stupid imo.
    Because they reward those who put the effort in when the content is current. It gives people a meaning to strive to get better at the game and put time into it for some sort of time sensitive reward. Think PvP elite sets, it's a similar idea to keep that sense of prestige (btw those cms were a complete joke as the expansion was in its final patches with the new trinkets and plenty sockets available on gear by the end) But in general it is to reward those for putting in the time and effort and have some kind of reward that holds sentimental value even to this day. It is a way for players to show off their accomplishments years down the line. I think It is fine and should remain this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    And the second everyone and their aunt will have those skins, they won't be as amazing anymore. The reason transmogs/skins/what ever is cool looking is in most cases because they are a bit rare.
    How does someone else having a skin make my own skin magically look worse? It's not like the model quality degrades for every person using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Because they reward those who put the effort in when the content is current.
    It's not particularly hard to get the MT skins right now. Just like it wasn't particularly hard to get a legendary cloak in MoP and so on for a pretty big chunk of the stuff that's been removed over time.

It feels more like a wall to new or returning players than anything else. Someone's browsing around and says "Oh that's a cool skin" only to be told "Oh yeah Blizzard arbitrarily decided to make it unobtainable sucks to be you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why this post even exists.

Just do the content if you want the rewards?
    Neither MT nor +15 mythics are hard if you just spend the smallest amount of time on alts. Most of my alts are all 935 - 945 by now with atleast 69 in all three weps and I play at most 2 hours per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    How does someone else having a skin make my own skin magically look worse? It's not like the model quality degrades for every person using it.

It's not particularly hard to get the MT skins right now. Just like it wasn't particularly hard to get a legendary cloak in MoP and so on for a pretty big chunk of the stuff that's been removed over time.

It feels more like a wall to new or returning players than anything else. Someone's browsing around and says "Oh that's a cool skin" only to be told "Oh yeah Blizzard arbitrarily decided to make it unobtainable sucks to be you."
    Because that is just how it is. It's a reason people think T3 and Corrupted Ashbringer are cool looking, while they in fact only are some ugly pixalated chunks. They are rare.
    There is a reason why rare transmogs sells for 100 times as much as common gear, they are rare. People like to look unique, the moment an item isn't rare anymore, it loses its value.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the appearences to be account wide...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Agatha has 93,425,888 health, assuming 60 seconds thats 1.5 million dps without counting the shields and the movement on the encounter, also 1.5 million on her not on the imps. As an elemental shaman with only 1 legendary and 930 itlvl, I would dare to say you are bsing.
    I've also done the elemental shaman mage tower and while I did not blow her up in just a few seconds, it is mind-numbingly easy due to the obscene AoE you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    I just want the appearences to be account wide...
    Thought they said they would be? As in if you unlock the Blood DK skin, you get the skin on every DK you have/create? Or did they got back on that?
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There is nothing wrong with rewarding the people that played the content when it was current. Just because you don't like the decision doesn't make it bad
    Except that players who did it when it was current DID get rewarded by having it when it was current, when not everyone would easily obtain it. They get recognized for not only having the xmog unlock, but also for overcoming the challenge when it was actually a challenge.

All turning off the ability to get it later does is create artificial elitism. Something the game already has enough of without Blizzard going out of their way to create more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I've also done the elemental shaman mage tower and while I did not blow her up in just a few seconds, it is mind-numbingly easy due to the obscene AoE you can do.
    Well that challenge was easy on my 900 ilvl UH DK aswell back in the days. I'd dare to say the easiest challenge of them all, if you know how to not stand in stuff and to focus right targets when need be, in other words - rather basic stuff for anyone who have raided or done dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Except that players who did it when it was current DID get rewarded by having it when it was current, when not everyone would easily obtain it. They get recognized for not only having the xmog unlock, but also for overcoming the challenge when it was actually a challenge.

All turning off the ability to get it later does is create artificial elitism. Something the game already has enough of without Blizzard going out of their way to create more.
    You mean, like they do, and have done with PvP Elite gear since Season 1? Why shouldn't we have something unique in PvE aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    If that makes 0 sense to you, that tells me everything I need to know about you.
    You're one of the "buhuhuhu I want X thing but I can't have it because i'm too bad at the game or don't even want to bother the slightest amount, just give it to me for free".
    If this was actually about being bad at the game, then the challenge would be the barrier to entry, not the frame of time when you log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that challenge was easy on my 900 ilvl UH DK aswell back in the days. I'd dare to say the easiest challenge of them all, if you know how to not stand in stuff and to focus right targets when need be, in other words - rather basic stuff for anyone who have raided or done dungeons.
    It definitely is one of the easiest ones by far.
    The rest are pretty much on the same level of difficulty, God-Queens/Xylems/Feltotem etc. Just overall quite easy as long as you have a basic understanding of how the game functions.

Kruul is an okay challenge, it's just a hassle mainly. I don't enjoy "tank" challenges that have a DPS check tied to it.
    Healer challenge is just infuriating on some of the classes and is overall my least favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    This is exactly why they do it: To create more reasons to log in NOW. They want you to invest in the game, and be afraid to step away from the game for fear of missing out.

It's insidious bullshit, and I hate that they do it.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean, like they do, and have done with PvP Elite gear since Season 1? Why shouldn't we have something unique in PvE aswell?
    Apples and Oranges. PVP is competition against other players who may or may not even be playing any more. PVE is facing off against computer AI, and can be constantly updated, even with completely different devs, to allow anyone and everyone to take a crack at it at any time.

And besides, you DID get something unique: You got the face and overcome the challenge when it was actually challenging. That has value that can't ever be replaced, even if the rewards become available to other people later under different conditions.

The mistake is in thinking that the challenge needed to unlock the gear appearances needs to be perfectly recreated or the appearances somehow lose their value. This is wrong. All that needs to happen is that there should be A challenge of some sort. As long as players are working hard and being good at their class, why does it really matter if they have to defeat X challenge instead of Y to get a cosmetic award?

For example: Blizzard could make the MoP challenge appearance available again right now. But in order to get them you would need to overcome M+15 in all dungeons. It wouldn't be the SAME challenge as MoP, but it would still be something worthy for players to work towards.

The mistake is in thinking that someone's accomplishments in the past would be diminished. Your accomplishment was only relevant for a short time anyway. Does anyone today actually think that it matters if you defeated MoP challenge modes when they were current? Maybe they did back then, but now? It's the same for the Mage Tower challenges. Nobody next expansion will give two hairy rat asses if you beat them at iLVL 880 or 930. And for the tiny fraction of the community that MIGHT maybe care, that's what feats of strength are for.

And really, instead of thinking "Oh noes! My cheevos are bein diminished!" you should be glad that more people come to the game and want to participate in the same types of things you like to do. Think about that for a moment:

Someone comes to you and says "Man, I never really tried the challenges before. I want to give it a shot!"

Are you going to be the guy who says "Hahah! stupid noob! You can't get those anymore. You'll never be as good as me!"

Or do you want to be the person that says: "That's cool! I can give you some tips if you get stuck. I'm glad you're having fun with a part of the game I enjoyed too! Good luck!"
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-01-01 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    They need to remove something every expac so that people can feel "special" about having done whatever it is that rewarded said "special"-maker item. It's pandering to children basically. Joey has a blue car and has to smash it before leaving the sandbox so Suzy doesn't get to play with it.
    More like Blizzard giving certain toys a set of rules for people to follow which will end in those people getting to keep said toys forever more even outside the sandbox. Enter a crowd of crybabies (and they're not even children which might've excused them) bawling until the end of time about how unfairly they were treated because they couldn't be arsed to use the toys according to the rules whilst others did.

If a player won't adhere to the "rules" in the 9+ months that we have before BfA arrives, he/she will simply have to watch the toys being used by people that did.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-01 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    They need to remove something every expac so that people can feel "special" about having done whatever it is that rewarded said "special"-maker item. It's pandering to children basically. Joey has a blue car and has to smash it before leaving the sandbox so Suzy doesn't get to play with it.
    Right, and you feeling entitled to everything in the game is a much more matured attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Agatha has 93,425,888 health, assuming 60 seconds thats 1.5 million dps without counting the shields and the movement on the encounter, also 1.5 million on her not on the imps. As an elemental shaman with only 1 legendary and 930 itlvl, I would dare to say you are bsing.
    One elemental legendary, I used a resto legendary for the other. The legendary was the boots and I got some lucky RNG, critting 3-4 times in a row for 4+ mil is pretty fun.

Also, 1.5 mil DPS with Hero and all CDs is not in any sense crazy, it's very easily doable with tier and proper trinkets. Imps died from chain lightning and all maelstrom was used on ES.

It's too bad I can't do it again at like 950 now. Might only take like 30 seconds lol
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-01-01 at 11:51 PM.