Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    isnt cap marvel a mid tier comic wise? i started believing that after i read this:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/iron-...tiers-1875632/

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Am I missing something or isn’t it supposed to be Adam Warlock what saves everyone from Thanos? Cuz they totally teased him at the end of GoTG Vol:2
    IMO it's too soon to bring him in - it'd be like how Vision turns up in the last 10 minutes of Age of Ultron. I reckon they're planning to use him in Guardians 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    isnt cap marvel a mid tier comic wise? i started believing that after i read this:

Comics are really all over the place, and the MCU even more so, so the question is fundamentally unanswerable but Captain Marvel is generally considered relatively high powered. Trouble is the Marvel Universe contains some insanely powerful celestial-level beings that vastly outclass the regular cast of characters, so it depends a lot what you mean by "mid-tier". To someone who can melt the entire universe or break all of time, being able to smash a planet probably seems mid-tier at best.

She's definitely not on the level of Thanos with the full gauntlet. Almost nothing is, save for the Living Tribunal and he's one step down from god (ie the one-above-all).

And god is Stan Lee, or whoever is writing the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    This doesn't really give me much context. I've done some research that in SOME context, Hulk is practically nigh unstoppable by a vast majority of means (ie Worldbreaker Hulk), but these panels don't give me much context at all. In the little bit of comics I HAVe read, superheroes get punted halfway across the city every other page. I'd have to see the aftermath of these panels to get a better idea.
    Yeah Hulk's power level massively varies, partly because Banner's Hulk powers are innately unstable, partly because he keeps experimenting on himself to try to cure it but often this causes unexpected side effects... but mostly because of what kind of story the writer feels like writing.

Being punched around doesn't mean much, that's basically comic book filler.

Fundamentally it's one of those It Depends On the Story things. But generally, Captain Marvel is considered very powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Eh, I'd put her in a category with actresses like Jennifer Lawrence. I wouldn't say no, but asked to list my top 10 hottest ladies, she wouldn't make the list.
    She's not really my type physically, but personality counts for a lot - I really liked her in United States of Tara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    She's not really my type physically, but personality counts for a lot - I really liked her in United States of Tara.
    True, doesn't matter how hot a lady is, if she's a bitch it all counts for naught *cough* Megan Fox *cough* Never say that, was it any good?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    True, doesn't matter how hot a lady is, if she's a bitch it all counts for naught *cough* Megan Fox *cough* Never say that, was it any good?
    She badmouthed Michael Bay so she's alright in my book kekeke.

10+ Year Old Account
    She badmouthed Michael Bay so she's alright in my book kekeke.
    Also isn't she like, legit Bipolar?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Kinda offtopic-ish, question for Marvel nerds.

Canon wise, isn't Scarlet Witch and White Phoenix of the Crown the most powerful beings? Like they can wish for shit and it just happens?
    In terms of comic book powers, yes. The Scarlet Witch could have easily roflstomped Thanos all by herself before he completed the glove. The MCU has ridiculously toned her down.

In the comics, Captain Marvel is basically a super-avenger. The combat abilities of Cpt America, can fly, shoots light beams from her hands, on par with the Hulk in strength etc...

mid to high to tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    In the comics, Captain Marvel is basically a super-avenger. The combat abilities of Cpt America, can fly, shoots light beams from her hands, on par with the Hulk in strength etc...
    she is weaker than Hulk in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Kinda offtopic-ish, question for Marvel nerds.

Canon wise, isn't Scarlet Witch and White Phoenix of the Crown the most powerful beings? Like they can wish for shit and it just happens?
    In terms of comic book powers, yes. The Scarlet Witch could have easily roflstomped Thanos all by herself before he completed the glove. The MCU has ridiculously toned her down.
    Depends what era, I mean I'm reading the Silver Age and Scarlet Witch can like, move spoons maybe :P

Not sure when she became a reality breaker. The 80s?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a fanboi, what I wanted to see at the end of Avengers Infinity War. Thanos being in that room where the pillars are and seeing someone at the end. Thanos walks up to him and its a Old Man (Stan Lee) sitting in a chair. Thanos says "Who the Hell" are you. Old Man says "Hi Thanos We need to talk, and by the way I AM ONE ABOVE ALL. They have basically set Stan Lee up as this Character from the beginning. Even if it wasn't intentional. In each movie he has a Cameo in , He plays a different person. Somewhat of a GOD character. Only way Thanos could be taken down at this point IMO, or maybe they could do a Ghost of Past , Present and Future with ONE ABOVE ALL and Thanos and Stan Lee showing Thanos the effects of what his actions have caused. On a cosmic scale of course.

Depends what era, I mean I'm reading the Silver Age and Scarlet Witch can like, move spoons maybe :P

IIRC it started mid Bronze and went into the Modern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    As a fanboi, what I wanted to see at the end of Avengers Infinity War. Thanos being in that room where the pillars are and seeing someone at the end. Thanos walks up to him and its a Old Man (Stan Lee) sitting in a chair. Thanos says "Who the Hell" are you. Old Man says "Hi Thanos We need to talk, and by the way I AM ONE ABOVE ALL. They have basically set Stan Lee up as this Character from the beginning. Even if it wasn't intentional. In each movie he has a Cameo in , He plays a different person. Somewhat of a GOD character. Only way Thanos could be taken down at this point IMO, or maybe they could do a Ghost of Past , Present and Future with ONE ABOVE ALL and Thanos and Stan Lee showing Thanos the effects of what his actions have caused. On a cosmic scale of course.
    That would be an interesting encounter. BUT, they've already clearly stated Stan Lee is NOT the One above All (whether or not they are lying is another story). However, even the One above All wouldn't simply be able to wipe out Thanos as long as he has possession of the Infinity Gauntlet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    In the comics, Thanos wanted to kill everyone, 'cause he had the hots for Death. Since that's not the case, I'd be curious if taking A Christmas Carol's approach to his effects didn't prove him right. I mean, for very human reasons they probably wouldn't, but ya know, 14 million variant futures and all that. What if he is?

Also: I REALLY dislike that they've turned the Celestials into effectively judeo-christian God.

I personally would find God showing up and telling Thanos he's wrong would be really insulting.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If that was “pretty clear” she’d have taken damage.
    she was knocked out pretty far away and was hurt while he was just smiling and taking her attacks like they were nothing.

She took no damage while only trying to disable her enemy.
    and she was still beaten.

If she was beaten she took damage...
    well, technically speaking, she was never shown until the end iirc.

but anyway, comic Hulk is stronger than comic CM.

she will probably get a buff in a new Avengers 2018 that started last week (heck, she already beat IM in his Hulkbuster armor or something).

as for MCU, she is supposed to be the most powerful.

waiting for more info.

Clearly, Captain Marvel will show up from a different dimension after being mindcontrolled to stay there with the man who got her pregnant/who she then gave birth to. Absolutely pissed at the Avengers who let her get taken, Danvers takes out all her anger on Thanos, who lets her win because the writers backpeddled after realizing what a shitty anniversary story they wrote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Beating Thanos was never about overpowering him in the comics, so much as it was about out-thinking him. And humans never had that capacity.
    You do know that Spidey was "created" especially for the moment when Thanos fight Adam Warlock so that he can play a key roll for their fight over the Soul Gems?

And because we know that Spidey don´t have the power to fight Thanos the only thing he could do was out-thinking him.

So care to explain where you´re come from again?

Rogue can defeat Ms. Marvel.

7+ Year Old Account

She always was a reality breaker because she got her power from Dormormu which lives in an alternative universe/pocket dimension and on of those places to get there was where she was born so he got a connection to our (the normal 616) universe and as he get´s more power from chaos and such things and she´s connected to him she has the reailty warping powers.

That would be an interesting encounter. BUT, they've already clearly stated Stan Lee is NOT the One above All (whether or not they are lying is another story). However, even the One above All wouldn't simply be able to wipe out Thanos as long as he has possession of the Infinity Gauntlet.
    Nah the One-Above-All could do anything. He's the author. In comic power terms, he's the body and the mind of the entire multiverse. He stands above all the Living Tribunal(s), who each are stronger than their universe's infinity gauntlet. Gauntleted Thanos compared to him is nothing.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."