Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smoothest way to handle Bursting?

To those of you running high keys where it really matters (to you, at your gear/skill level), what is the smoothest way you have found to handle bursting? For the 15s I was tanking last time we had it, we just collectively kept an eye on it and someone said something if they noticed it was high. Guessing this might need to be more precise as I get more ambitious this week.

Do you have a particular stack count you watch for? Is healer calling when to back off, or someone else?

Bursting, is essentially one of the main mechanics from Mythic: Il'gynoth in the Emerald Nightmare. Whenever a monster is killed, all players will get a stack of Burst which will stack. One or two stacks will not be deadly, but killing an entire pack of 8 packs simultaneously will probably end up killing the party.

During Bursting, it's important to stagger the deaths of the enemy forces so that the debuff doesn't stack up too high. Be careful not to use too many AoE abilities and kill the monsters too soon.

Immunity abilities such as Cloak of Shadows and Ice Block will remove all current stacks and prevent future stacks from applying.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You either blow the trash up if your healer is good, or you do it staggered if your healer can't handle high stacks, I think 5-6 stacks are healeable without popping a cd.

The main issue with bursting is when the dps can't keep it in their pants and when that 5-stack bursting is about to fall off, dead goes another mob and you have to heal through a full 5-stack and 6-stack back to back.

This affix is much more problamatic in high pop mob dungeons, like Lower Kara, Seat, Arcway and CoS (the imps will fuck you up....)
    I found in most of my groups, 7 stacks are the max you want to handle, while having 4-6 is pretty fine.
    On certain Trashpacks such as CoS Imps and Rats from Arcway you will probably have to be very carefull and perhaps pop personals when stack go out of hand.

Essentialy, it is both the Tanks duty and DPs, tank should try to pull slightly less than usuall, while DPs should stop dps at any time the stacks are too high for the healer to handle...

Not much else to do.

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Make sure warlocks don't come in affli to those dungeons with larger low-hp trash-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Do you have a particular stack count you watch for? Is healer calling when to back off, or someone else?[/URL]
    As a healer I usually call out when DPS should stop DPSing because stacks are going high, since I clearly see the debuff in my unitframes anyway, and know what I can handle in the current situation. Ideally of course the DPS should have an eye on it, too, but let's be real here. It also depends on the healing class, for example a druid with all the hots doesn't even really notice the debuff until 4 stacks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    You either blow the trash up if your healer is good, or you do it staggered if your healer can't handle high stacks, I think 5-6 stacks are healeable without popping a cd.
    It's only 10% per stack, so even 10 stacks are "only" 100% HP. The problem is refreshing the stacks, i.e. extending it over and over again with a higher stack count. So if you're going from 4 stacks to 5 stacks, then to 6 stacks, each time 1 second before it runs out, then you're going to have a bad time.

Like a few said, either pop all and rely on a good heal or focus the mobs down 1 by 1 and wait until debuff runs out.
    Dying could endanger your health!

In general you want everything die at the same time since then you wont risk any damage from remaining mobs overlapping with the bursting and potentially killing someone. The healer should communicate how much he can handle, and when he has the cooldowns to take on bigger pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    It's only 10% per stack, so even 10 stacks are "only" 100% HP. The problem is refreshing the stacks, i.e. extending it over and over again with a higher stack count. So if you're going from 4 stacks to 5 stacks, then to 6 stacks, each time 1 second before it runs out, then you're going to have a bad time.
    Yeah people seem to forget this. You can easily go to 10 stacks with a single HoT or floor heal (healing rain or w/e) and survive, obviously low, but surviving is what matters. As long as it's all at once. If it's staggered but not reset, then it's a problem.

tl;dr - Either all at once, or let it reset at 4-7 ish depending on the group.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    As a healer I usually call out when DPS should stop DPSing because stacks are going high, since I clearly see the debuff in my unitframes anyway, and know what I can handle in the current situation. Ideally of course the DPS should have an eye on it, too, but let's be real here.
    I agree that everyone should be watching it. Your comment gives me an idea: Does anyone here have a Weak Aura to make current stacks of Bursting more prominent on their screen? If not i will make one. Thinking that sharing that with everyone in group (if you run with a coordinated team) would help keep everyone on same page.

- - - Updated - - -

I am picturing a square icon, maybe 1" square, in top center of screen, with stack count and a sound alert when stacks reach 7 (or whatever number you choose).

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what I've come up with. Haven't tested it yet, but it should show icon in top center of screen when you have burst debuff, along with stack count. IF your stack count reaches 7+ it will sound an alarm and change into a status bar (remaining time) saying "STOP DPS!"

Code:
    dmeMnaqjkf6wQuAxukAyQshtfltv8mbzAQQUMI02uv6BcuJJsPoNQc3tKQQ9Psr5GQuTqrYdfqtuLcxKs0gLGrksLtsjmtkj3uKYor8tHYqvu6OIuLLQO4POMkvUkLs2QkfvFvvrJvLI4SQuKwRivL5kq2l8xkPgSGQdtXIvjpwitwQUSsBwk(SenAfXPrA1uk41cvZws3wkTBr9BcdxelNONtvtN01vy7uQ8DkvnEj05vuTEby)ckJdCGnWbfSh8JnNAZhWTG7G7WbwULur2npzbxkfJeWMiLA36K0YYvMMOVGC75f8wmXK7BhPa3PEByKJuQDlytTcwL0YYvchy)eH9XYG9te2hlFpsP2Tqbt7GtnKELMlbppwtJFvqUD6l48O1jPLLR0dYbSFRnZkOzfCQyoxS0SYYcoWvHPdhyAUukgjWbUDuvkCqHcwn1nRWbUDuvkCqHcwn1nRpWbUDuvkCqHcE4xRJQgVhxGLMOfoWTJQsHdkuWsrDHdC7OQu4GcfCIDjQPUzfoWTJQsHdkuWnMiLkYWbUDuvkCqHcUtBAOrJQohoWTJQsHdkuOqbhbhih4aRBrTq1u6bte5fSxnrX9fQMspyIiVGNhRPXVki)VVG9jgz8zeQrPImiVGLc1ORBlQGjXiwc2ePur2dhyVAKkCG9IrUd2ISUYgt0g09Epw2h0NRj(9H04dkTTtnbXIrU7d6ovMoHmBtrzj4UWAVyK74ckyAMQWbUlSoA4vrlUGcfSpzRvIPDb)8)()hcmnsKTosufs4a5aYbKhqoGecKdi)GCGc(Yiduufs4a5aYbKhqoGecKdi)GCGc2NyKXJ104x9McYl4QW0HdSAQBwFGdC7OQu4GcfSAQBwHdC7OQu4GcfSuux4a3oQkfoOqb3Pnn0OrvNdh42rvPWbfkyPjAHdC7OQu4GcfCJjsPImCGBhvLchuOGtSlrn1nRWbUDuvkCqHcMMlLIrcCGBhvLchuOGh(16ir7LrrkOGvA7kduufs4a5aYbKhqoGecKdi)GCGcwULur2npzbtJezWE1ef3JlW6wuhYfCQknGamYEyHpJH2dl8ugjyDlQfezfCbjnGWcp9gMU0OMWc35a7tmY44cSsBxzbrwbxqsdiSWtVHPlnQjSWDoWMAYedihWxczFLwK9RcY5aUt9jvZClIezWwK1v2yI2GSisK9bzUOvQo3AQuKBn0(M9wB)eQSkAUQcrhSUf1afvHeoqoGCa5bKdiHa5aYpihOGVeY(ktzII3LIeWPQ0acWi7HfUtiQknb8WV372WWRBF7PrZ4cCN6tQM5UTOA12OGdlCWxgPf5csrwrkW5rRtsllxPhKdytKsTBDsAz5ktt0xqEb7tmY4bkQcjCGCa5aYdihqcbYbKFqoqbRBrLPbSGC(c2NyKXthT33myIL3ClNbSkPLLReoW(XLL2TzDw52qlcMN1sRScSpzRvl6E4a5aYZ)7)FiOG9te2hld2pryFS89iLA3coBAxpCGCaNAi9kuWd)A9itvKcCFVgnnU5jl40DFM0kylRGcw3IksbwPTRKPbSGC(cUrK1cvtPhCmB5SYcILGVeY(kJ104xfKPGVmrXlLIrUhOOkKWbYbKxqEa5fKqG8cYpiV2CkuWtwA5efKZZlyL2UYcvtPhmrKxW(eJmEQ6M7Pj6l4734gGVmrX7srsGIQqchihqoG8aYbKqGCa5hKxBofk4HFV3THHx3(2tZuexGVeY(kduufs4a5aYbKhqoGecKdi)G8AZPqbFjK9vIlWxczFLw2lxWerEbR02vIuGVeY(kzAaliNVG9QjkUVGiRGliPbew4P3W0Lg1ew4ohyAKiBTN2xWwzzbhyFIrg)tAxNaY5fSpXiJNULworbj0lyVAII7zAaliNVG9jgz8ynn(vVjG8c2RMO4(afvHeoqoGCa5bKdiHa5aYpihOG7uFs1m3Tf1zOLtuW2OhSpXiJ72I6qUGTiRRSXeTbfOXR0CzkJmiBzXTbA8knxMYiVLtmY4GPDWPgsVc2NyKXNrOgLkYPj6l472YfdS90UobKZZlyFIrg)gR3Od5IlWcjDZQrPIm40fBglsFXiU7wbosiQDH9zKckipWb2RMO4EMgWcY5l4o1NunZDBrfSnMaEESMg)QG8)(cMgjY4cSpzRvIPDb)8)()hcS9cz)tPjb8Ncz)tPjb8LrgOOkKWbYdkm970Z0G)(((8rW)b))IMBNgmiHqHPFe6)m932VHopH(d22O52PFHcUkmD4aRM6M1h4a3oQkfoOqbRM6Mv4a3oQkfoOqblf1foWTJQsHdkuWDAtdnAu15WbUDuvkCqHcwAIw4a3oQkfoOqb3yIuQidh42rvPWbfk4e7sutDZkCGBhvLchuOGP5sPyKah42rvPWbfk4HFTos0EzuKcky5wsfz38KfSzinxgjyVAII7XfyDlQd5c2kQUSUjG1TOwqKvW372TzDixWMHkWf4o1NunZTisKbdw3IAGIQqchihu4BW2(y7popVHM(9JVFecn3onyqEqH)PpNNVV2(9juWFe8hbJMBNgcKqOGTd(JPpFNEM()95J)q2gn3oneuWIHwP5fCmB5SYcILGJevHeoqoGCa5bKdiHa5aYpihOGnrk1U1jPLLRmnrFb5fSzOIwJsJ(K21jGVpubyDlQmnGfKGFa3P(KQzUBlQwTnk4WcNDXMnSWVXSmyvsllxjCG9JllTBZ6SYTHwempRLwzf4iXiRXswPrfsW3S0p4HFTEKPksbE43afJSIuG9jBTAr3dhihqE(F))dbfSFIW(yzW(jc7JLVhPu7wWrIrwbhm4SPD9WbYbCQH0Rqb33RrtJBEYcoD3NjTc2YkOGZJwNKwwUspihWnISwOAk9GJzlNvwqSe8KLworb588c2ggEL2mhCGwsCwodyAKiBTN2xWwzzbhytKsfzpCGBOzQFcCG7cRlRc7XfyVksS2lg5oUa7fJChSfzDLnMOnO79Ui7d6Z1e)(qA8bnRW(vEFin(02o1eelg5UpOjRrQxRrTPOSeCxyTxmYDKckuWDQpPAM72I6m0YjkyB0dwPTRexGPDWSl2SHf(nMLbBpTRtaj03xWkTDLmnGfKZxWrcrTlSpJuGBOf3(N0UobKN3xOqbBhiN)Ndua
    EDIT: Fixed an annoying issue where the sound alarm was sounding at 1 stack. That now happens only at 7 stacks, and is a more subtle heartbeat rather than an airhorn.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-01-05 at 06:48 PM.

My usual problem with bursting is stupid dps getting out of range of me, the healer, before stacks fall.

Or rarely killing 10 blobs at the same time.

Fighter Chow is your friend.

the biggest thing is just controlling pull size; 5-6 stacks should be pretty easy to deal with and most dungeons don't have pack larger than that. You need to be a little careful with stuff like crabs in EoA, mana wyrms in CoS and so on but that's just a matter of the DPS being judicious with their aoe.

imo if you are having to call out when to stop dps something has gone wrong; if DPS don't already know to stop at a particular amount of stacks (6-7 imo) a stop call will probably come too late to matter.

Put more afflocks into your grps and learn to use healthstones/def cds correctly. You should have no problem with anything below 18-21 stacks if your grp is prepared and knows what to do.

Depends on the pack. Sometimes I find it better to just blow up the back and I can bubble and use Blessing of Spellwarding on the healer and res the dps without immunities. Other packs we'll actually let stacks reset.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

To those of you running high keys where it really matters (to you, at your gear/skill level), what is the smoothest way you have found to handle bursting?
    Actually the higher the key the less it matters, as mobs have too much life to die evenly.
    Obviously there are exceptions, like the mana wyrms at the start of CoS or later in Arcway. Adding two groups either means the dps is clever enough to not kill all at once, or you simply all die (apart from immunities, of course). 7-12 stacks are healable when the healer has it's CDs ready and the trash itself did not cause too much damage to the group (or a single player) before.
    Sometimes it's also unavailable that the group dies, for example when fighting the rats in arcway. Trying to do them in small groups will wipe the group too, because the disease they cause stacks and will kill you then. So there it is better to go all in and pop immunities or simply die.
    Fighter chow helps, but since you can control the debuff (unlike grievous for example) it should not be necessary.

Generally you should avoid getting more than 5 stacks, and above all the dds need to have an eye for the timer. If the 5th stack is 1s before running out, and then the group (or a single player) kills any other mob, it is much harder to heal than going instantly to 6 stacks.

Other than that, obviously, people should be aware of their healers ability (which not only applies to healing debuffs but is a general issue). When running with a shaman healer, it's highly annoying for him when one range DD stands somewhere at max range and chainheals stop bouncing from him. Same for holy priests (stack up) or paladins and monks (stand in front of them). Also don't run away with 6 stacks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    When running with a shaman healer, it's highly annoying for him when one range DD stands somewhere at max range and chainheals stop bouncing from him.
    If you're running with a shaman that is depending on chain heal casts for bursting, range is the least of your worries.

Bursting is an affix that I actually enjoy with the right groups as a resto shaman, since we have so many aoe CDs. The new 4p is insanely good for it, too.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    If you're running with a shaman that is depending on chain heal casts for bursting, range is the least of your worries.

Bursting is an affix that I actually enjoy with the right groups as a resto shaman, since we have so many aoe CDs. The new 4p is insanely good for it, too.
    I never said he is depending on it, it's just annoying when someone is too far away. You obviously will not heal high stacks of bursting with chain heal, but it still is a good and efficient way to heal smaller stacks, and it is - as I already said - highly annoying if someone wants to lonewolf somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    imo if you are having to call out when to stop dps something has gone wrong; if DPS don't already know to stop at a particular amount of stacks (6-7 imo) a stop call will probably come too late to matter.
    I am coming from perspective of someone who has always settled for 15 key on main, then worked on getting same for alts, mostly in same easy dungeons. When I finally got around to even looking at Raider.IO score, I was only 950 or so even though I have friends I run with who are 3000+. So now I've formed a team to focus more on M+ (because it's fun) and see if we can do more than scratch out 15s. I feel like none of the M+ mechanics are something my team can't handle; I am just looking for best practices and how to make it easier.

I am coming from perspective of someone who has always settled for 15 key on main, then worked on getting same for alts, mostly in same easy dungeons. When I finally got around to even looking at Raider.IO score, I was only 950 or so even though I have friends I run with who are 3000+. So now I've formed a team to focus more on M+ (because it's fun) and see if we can do more than scratch out 15s. I feel like none of the M+ mechanics are something my team can't handle; I am just looking for best practices and how to make it easier.
    Just a few runs later I am 1824, still no great shakes compared to some of you, but finding this weeks affixes almost as easy as last week, and thinking I'll break 2000 this weekend.

Deleted
    finding this weeks affixes almost as easy as last week
    This must be because of an organized group. Some bosses are real pug killers with their 1shot abilities, especially right after the DPS were allowed to tunnel them and gear for dps all week long before. (thinking of my recent HoV16 pug where Hyrja 1shot all but me several times).

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    This must be because of an organized group. Some bosses are real pug killers with their 1shot abilities, especially right after the DPS were allowed to tunnel them and gear for dps all week long before. (thinking of my recent HoV16 pug where Hyrja 1shot all but me several times).
    Oh yeah. I sold my team by showing them those +27s where everyone in group is switching to Prydaz for the bosses. Seeing a group like that do it makes it cool for us plebs running 17s.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Hyrja, I want to practice that trick where you dance her back and forth between buffs so she never does empowered attacks. I have seen it on video, but have not practiced it myself yet.