View Poll Results: Another 9-10 months of Antorus?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • Will be fine. It's a great raid.

46 24.34%
  • Not sure. Depends on hotfixes and nerfs.

34 17.99%
  • Won't be fine. Likely that the game will bleed subs.

81 42.86%
  • Will be a disaster. Need another short raid to keep our interest.

28 14.81%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Grinding through the antorus questline and doing emissaries to get a legendary is just a time sink. Takes no effort other than ability to stave off massive boredom. It’s the cost you pay to get into the raid - and in this expansion the cost is too high because there’s more grind and the raids are too easy on heroic.
    That sounds to me like a really unfun mindset you've gotten yourself into. Everything that isn't the latest raid on the top difficulty is just a timesink to prepare for the raid? Yeah. MMOs definitely aren't your thing, since you only seem to like.... 3% of the content it has.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'm holding out for M+ Antorus with +15 Tyrannical Argus.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If the only thing you can think of to do in WoW is clear heroic I'm not sure the game is for you anymore.
    I don't really enjoy the single player aspects of this game, i play MMOs for the social interactions. There are other RPGs out there that does everything much better in terms solo content. I used to do a shit ton of M+ but my team quit the game and after having done probably 1500 M+ it does get kinda repetitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    it barely lasted 2 months. its not going to last another 9.

i think they will release BfA earlier than everyone expects
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    we tested that already every f8cking exp, and always same result
    the only time a 1year raid didn't bleed sub when it wasn't a 1 year raid, namely when they introduced Ruby Sanc in middle to ignite interest a little
    seriously after 5 exps blizz should already know that 1 year raid without any major update = death to subs
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Considering BfA beta is not even out yet, 9 months seems pretty damn generous. Legion was in beta for almost 11 months..

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    we tested that already every f8cking exp, and always same result
    the only time a 1year raid didn't bleed sub when it wasn't a 1 year raid, namely when they introduced Ruby Sanc in middle to ignite interest a little
    seriously after 5 exps blizz should already know that 1 year raid without any major update = death to subs
    And when they did Ruby Sanctum there was a huge outcry of *scoff lol filler raid who cares?*
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Funny how you say "we". When all you do is LFR, what does it matter?

For casual HC raiders like me it is already getting long in the tooth. Can't imaging it lasting more than another 6 weeks tops.

If we end up taking a break, that could be good and healthy. More to life than video games.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Raid is not that important as other content is and we should get really huge content patch to justify waiting for another 9-10 months. Last raid tier will be out atleast 10 months no matter what, thats just still way too long. The game will bleed subs for sure. Dont know where people get that "anything less than 14 months content draught" is amazing and super awesome. Its not. Last content patch should come out by the end of January at latest and next expansion within next 5-6 months after that (8 months total). But It wont happen this way. 7.3.5 will be meh patch for majority of players and BfA will come out sometime around october.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be the best raid ever designed, 9+ months of the same thing will definitely cause people to eventually get bored and stop playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Considering BfA beta is not even out yet, 9 months seems pretty damn generous. Legion was in beta for almost 11 months..
    Something tells me BfA will not require 11 months of beta. Legion had lots of radical class changes as well as a brand new class. BfA will be a lot less complicated (no more AP weaps or legendary system. The new AP system is a lot more simple), it will have minor class changes (mostly Demo and surv changes IIRC).

The only thing I can see them requiring a lot of testing is that new smart AI system they are putting in island scenarios.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Usually the downtime after I finish the raid tier is where I level and play my alts.. but thanks for invasions, all my alts are leveled already.

At the speed we're going, I should be done in February, so that leaves a lot of time farming the same bosses... and I don't think the 7.3.5 patch unlocking allied races is enough to keep interest.

So I hope they have a plan if the new xpac is not releasing in june.

The raid is very lack luster and far too easy in the modes prior to mythic. The first half of mythic bosses are also extremely and disappointingly easy. I have never been tired of doing a raid the same month it came out and that is with holidays/finals eating up some raid nights. Raiding was already suffering as it was due to how easily you can gear up via mythic + dungeons. Another month or two of Antorus and a lot of people are going to discover their straw that broke the camels back on raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    For casual HC raiders like me it is already getting long in the tooth. Can't imaging it lasting more than another 6 weeks tops.
    For groups that don't do mythic I have to imagine Antorus is nothing short of horrible already. I know from just talking to people on my server and looking at wowprogress many heroic only guilds/raids have cleared it all a few times already. When a raid is about a month old and you are down to one night full clears of the highest difficulty you raid something is wrong.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Doesn't that happen every expansion?

For my guild it will be bad.... ppl already bored and not raiding lol

Me it will be okay - STILL FARMING FOR THE BLOODY PANTHEON trinket. I'm the only person who still haven't gotten it. Already week 6....

Got AotC week one

Have absolutely zero interest in doing anything other than just pugging a quick normal Argus kill every week to upgrade my pantheon trinket and lately I haven't even bothered doing that.

It's a shame we went from "ToS is boring and most boss fights are soak the bullshit and this place sucks" to "Antorus has some cool fights and overall isn't that bad but holy shit these fights are so easy because Blizzard was terrified of doing another Mistress level shitfest raid"

In the close to 13 years I've played WoW I've never been so disinterested in raiding. I'm basically for the rest of the expansion going to see what utter ridiculous amount of gold I can end up with and probably just screw around with alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    False. Legion was only in Beta for 7 months.

You seem to be confused because for the first time ever Blizzard gave alpha access to content creators. For all we know, they aren't doing an alpha period at all this time, because BFA doesn't have the massive system changes that Legion had.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I mean it’s a product of the design. None of the other content is hard, it’s just time consuming. You run around and kill underpowered mobs. That’s ok the first time you go through it but repeatedly running undertuned world content is just a chore in my opinion. The world’s just not designed for skilled players.
    If you want something like you, go play Dark Souls where you get annihilated by a single mob if you make a mistake. Or go play Wildstar, I heard they tried to go the super hardcore way. Complaining that the outdoor content isn't a threat once you outgear it and are a skilled player is like complaining that you're not getting a traffic ticket cause you can stay between the lines. It's silly.

There's going to be a loss in subs and activity regardless.

The quality of raids don't really impact that long term. Only short term to a specific niche. You could have the best raid ever made, and that's still going to happen. It's the nature of MMORPG content droughts.

Most people just don't care about raiding... and when that's about all that's left of your content for most people, well.. subs are going to fall. Happens every expansion.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2018-01-04 at 02:30 AM.