Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    That is my view on this too. The woman was being ridiculous, but the company responded unprofessionally.
    Indeed. This escalated to the worst from the tweet but the employee is getting the drop.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I actually find it endearing. I don't think I have seen either of those words be used in a condescending fashion ever.
    are you male? If so, that is why. This is something that is nearly 90% of the time only done by men towards women.

I never realised it was so offensive, untill my mom, sister and girlfriend sat me down and explained how such words make them feel. I felt really shitty after that, basically those terms made them feel completely irrelevant, as if their input didnt matter. And it boils down to them feeling its how you treat a child, along the terms of "Mom we learnt about the planets today!" "Oh that's great honey! <- But imagine the parent tired as fuck and couldnt care less what the kid learnt.

We all have words and pet names that we get called that makes us feel... Off, or less than we'd like. If you dont, kudos to you, but I sure as hell do get called things I'd rather not, and Im sure many would feel Im overreacting, but I have my story and my reason behind the words.

Any word can be offensive if said with enough malice, but in the case of "honey" from an older man to a younger woman, I fully understand the aggrevation after having had it explained to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only person I want calling me honey is my spouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    The only person I want calling me honey is my spouse.
    And you'll have one, one day. Just gotta expand your view points on relationships and people.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    (Aggressively explaining something to a woman) " Listen here, Sweetheart"

You've never heard someone say something like that? I've seen it on these very forums multiple times.
    Not in person no. But then again I don't live my life looking to be offended for myself or others. People may have said such things around me but it didn't register as anything significant to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you'll have one, one day. Just gotta expand your view points on relationships and people.
    Forget about me, when's your wedding date? I'm getting worried.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    are you male? If so, that is why. This is something that is nearly 90% of the time only done by men towards women.

I never realised it was so offensive, untill my mom, sister and girlfriend sat me down and explained how such words make them feel. I felt really shitty after that, basically those terms made them feel completely irrelevant, as if their input didnt matter. And it boils down to them feeling its how you treat a child, along the terms of "Mom we learnt about the planets today!" "Oh that's great honey! <- But imagine the parent tired as fuck and couldnt care less what the kid learnt.

We all have words and pet names that we get called that makes us feel... Off, or less than we'd like. If you dont, kudos to you, but I sure as hell do get called things I'd rather not, and Im sure many would feel Im overreacting, but I have my story and my reason behind the words.

Any word can be offensive if said with enough malice, but in the case of "honey" from an older man to a younger woman, I fully understand the aggrevation after having had it explained to me.
    I said the comparable word is "buddy". Usually if another dude uses buddy I think they are being a sarcastic prick.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please more of this stuff, I really want to see the proper backlash but it takes too long.
    I want SJW empire.

I actually find it endearing. I don't think I have seen either of those words be used in a condescending fashion ever.
    It happens, but rarely these days as older generations are dying out. Older women are the worst, they will use these types of words to try to belittle you cause they know those types of words can be used in that context. The words are also used in a nice way too, similar to how "bless your heart" can be an insult or a nice compliment. Its basically about context really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in person no. But then again I don't live my life looking to be offended for myself or others. People may have said such things around me but it didn't register as anything significant to me.
    I don't seek offense in life, but I am very observant. I'm sure you have heard it somewhere, maybe on these forums, in a movie, or even on the news. How you perceive it may vary from how I do though.

Deleted
    I feel you, I have the same thing. But as a result some of the things I normally said seriously triggered people, luckily said people had the balls to stop me in my tracks and explain, so I figured... Well I'd rather not offend someone, there are other words, and besides, confrontations are time consuming. So I adapted my vocabulary...

I couldnt care less what people say or call me with about 2-3 exceptions, but I rarely get called by those words or names so it's not really a thing in my daily life :P

Overall I wish words could just be allowed to be just that, words. But we're a sensistive species :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Forget about me, when's your wedding date? I'm getting worried.
    Not set yet, but I am engaged as of Christmas.

Nothing to see here just another girl from California.

Should've told her to feck off... more concerning things in the world and she cries over being called "honey", pathetic.

This is what happens when people are so bored with their miserable life, they have to find offence in something to give themselves some sense of self-worth.

What's worse, THIS IS NEWS WORTHY ?!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-01-02 at 08:37 PM.

It's a class thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall I wish words could just be allowed to be just that, words. But we're a sensistive species :P
    Communication is by far the most important tool we have a species. Sensitivity to words is very important as a means to properly communicate with one another. It is an integral part of properly conveying a message.

The manager was incredibly unprofessional. I would have also kicked up a fuss.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    The manager was incredibly unprofessional. I would have also kicked up a fuss.
    I may have spoken up about it, but I wouldn't have made it public resulting in an article about it.

So what? There are names that people can be called that are belittling or kind depending on how they are used. Sometimes people are rude, and sometimes they are condescending. Sometimes shit happens, and sometimes it is even justified. Perhaps if people grew up a little instead of letting every little thing bother them people would have less reason to use terms that make them feel like they are being treated as a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    I may have spoken up about it, but I wouldn't have made it public resulting in an article about it.
    Exactly. If a manager or something is rude about it. I would either brush it off or perhaps do something quiet in terms of expressing dissatisfaction.

Some people I feel like just squeal at the opportunity to have it hit the paper / internet so they can have five minutes of fame.